You may also like

Rate Dr. Cameron N. Carmody

Dr. Cameron N. Carmody's Ratings

I was receiving treatment, spinal injections, from another physician/surgeon for almost a year that was not helping. Went to Dr. Carmody for a second opinion and found out that my injury was worse tan what I had been told. A week later I had surgery by Dr. Carmody to replace 3 disc's and fuse my neck. I feel the best I have felt in a year thanks to Dr. Carmody and his wonderful staff. It is amazing in todays world to find a group that truly cares and takes pride in helping others.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2785355].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

Accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment... I would refer family and friends!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2780986].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2015

Three days ago, I ran a half marathon. Just over three months ago, Dr. Carmody replaced a disc in my neck. Needless to say, his work speaks for itself. Yet it's not only his skill that sets him apart; very rarely have I seen a surgeon who treats his patient as a person. Dr. Carmody never rushed me at appointments, and he never made me feel like an idiot for asking questions. Truly, an all-around good guy with an incredible support staff.

On to a full marathon in September . . .

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2776503].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

Fantastic, great personality and very caring. Completed the necessary work and now I feel great. I really appreciate the care in preventing an ugly scar. Thanks doc.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2767528].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 5, 2015

I was in the office for nearly three hours..... Still did not see the doctor....I rescheduled.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2766287].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

I had a fusion by another doctor in 2007. For the past 4 years I have suffered chronic pain to the point I have been under the care of a pain doctor. During the past 4 years, I have seen two other surgeons that both told me there was nothing that could be done. Out of desperation I made an appointment with Dr Carmody. I expected the same song and dance but after reviewing my x-rays for about 30 seconds, Dr Carmody found my problem. The fusion from 2007 never fused. Because of this, the vertebra were moving and I had developed a couple of large bone spurs that were pushing on my spinal cord. Dr Carmody agreed to try surgery and I am glad he did. I haven't felt this good in years.

This is my 3rd fusion and the second on this location. Dr Carmody has seen me for 2 follow-ups and is going to see me for 2 more, at least. The other surgeons only saw me for 1 follow up visit so the fact that the joint never fused was missed completely. I feel confident that before Dr Carmody releases me from his care, my fusion will be complete.

There is no reason to suffer as long as Dr Carmody is practicing medicine.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2709181].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2015

I came to Dr. Carmody's office as a referral from my orthopedic surgeon in Houston. I had two previous back surgeries but got no relief from them and continued to experience immense pain and my activities were limited. I was able to get an appointment just a few days after I called and was able to spend about 20 minutes during my first appointment asking questions, having my condition and the options explained to me and then booked my surgery. Initially my surgery was denied by my insurance but Dr. Carmody and his staff took the time to help me in getting in resolved and on December 9th, I had a 1 level 360-fusion done at L5-S1. I spent 3 days in the hospital and had visits from Dr. Carmody each day and not feeling rushed, he took the time to chat and see how I was doing. I am now 7 weeks post surgery and feeling better than I have in years. Great doctor who takes the time to know his patients, their expectations and explains the procedures.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2694105].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2015

In June 2014 Dr. Carmody replaced 2 discs and fused a third in my neck. I have been very pleased with the care I received before, during and after the procedure. It is wonderful not to have the constant neck pain that I experienced before the surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Carmody to anyone that is in need of neck surgery.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2603642].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 2, 2014

Dr. Carmody repaired my L5S1 pinched nerve (sciatica) The pain was gone immediately after surgery. I was back to work three days later. A year later I'm doing great. Dr. Carmody is highly recommended to anyone dealing with Sciatica. The difference is a game changer.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2601605].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2014

Dr. Carmody performed surgery on a Tuesday and I was back to work on Friday. With lots of fresh hardware screwed to my cervical spine, I was able to complete my first workday without pain for as long as I can remember. The most significant reminder I'd had surgery was shaking off the anesthesia. The rest was a cakewalk. Thank you, Dr. Carmody, for fixing what had limited my personal and professional life for a very long time.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2556699].votes_count ]]