Dr. Cameron N. Carmody

Dr. Cameron N. Carmody

Rate Dr. Cameron N. Carmody

Dr. Cameron N. Carmody's Ratings

Submitted Aug. 5, 2014 | flag

I've never taken the time to write a review about my medical care, but Dr. Carmody is one of a kind. Let me tell you a little about my condition. In 12/2013, I twisted my back while my 2 year old granddaughter was on my left hip. Immediately, I felt as if my left buttock and calf had been hit with a 2x4. I was in so much pain. My PCP referred me to an orthopedist. During the 2 1/2 months with this guy, I underwent two epidural shots, (no help), PT, and narcotic pain medication. This doc said I might need to see a surgeon and referred my to his in-house guy. I did my own research for a back surgeon. I wanted someone who just works on backs. I picked Dr. Carmondy and I am thrilled with my results. He diagnosed me with a pinched nerve that radiated down my left leg and I had bursitis of the left hip. I was scheduled for surgery the next week. The moment I awoke up my pain was gone and it has never returned. Dr. Carmody knows his stuff. He is efficient, funny, and smart. I highly recommend

Submitted April 2, 2014 | flag

After living with neck pain for 20+ years, and exhausting all other options, I elected to see an orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Cameron Carmody. I was very apprehensive about having surgery on my cervical spine, but Dr. Carmody felt that the surgery could help me. He said I would probably be driving again after a week to 10 days, and that my range-of-motion would be improved by the surgery. I was skeptical, but opted to have the surgery done—anterior cervical interbody fusion. It was the best decision I could have made. I was able to drive again after about week and my range-of-motion was so much better. Of the previous surgeries I have had in the past for other conditions, this one was by far the easiest and my only regret was not having it sooner. Dr. Carmody changed my life and I am grateful to him for that.

Submitted Jan. 25, 2014 | flag

Dr. Carmody works magic! :) I was in terrible shape after a severely herniated L5-S1. He took away all the pain.

Submitted Oct. 27, 2013 | flag

Dr. Carmody had my respect from day 1. He is kind, honest, and really cares for his patients. I got a second opinion from someone after he told me I needed surgery but I felt more comfortable with Dr. Carmody. He really took the time to see me as a person and not a patient. He explained everything in detail and made me feel comfortable. He went above and beyond the call of duty. I recently had him do my surgery and could not have been happier. It is rare in todays society that you find doctors who are patient centered but he is by far the best in his field. He even called me on a Saturday to discuss my case after reviewing some films. Dr. Carmody made me feel like the most important person and really took his time to look me over and answer questions. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for an honest, kind, competent doctor. If I ever need anything done again or my family does, I know whom I'm calling. This is one skilled physician and he has my vote!

Submitted Aug. 8, 2013 | flag

I was Dr. Carmody’s OPLL patient and am counting my blessings every day. If you don’t know what OPLL is, you are lucky… and if you have OPLL, you are also lucky, because you have found a very skillful and highly competent surgeon who knows how to help you! Five months ago, Dr. Carmody performed an “Anterior Cervical Corpectomy with Fusion and Plating” surgery on me. He did an awesome job and I have had no pain ever since. Not only is he a great surgeon, he has a good sense of humor and treats his patients with respect. He spends time to explain/answer my questions and concerns during office visits. He would be honest with you if you don’t need surgery - I had referred many of my family members to him. I love his office staff, they are so helpful and efficient. I also want to thank everyone who took the time to share their experiences – that helped me find Dr. Carmody!!! Dawn – Plano Tx.

Submitted Aug. 3, 2012 | flag

AFter suffering a long time from terrible lower back pain. Dr. Carmody performed a 360 spinal fusion operation to relieve the pain. IT WORKED! From the day after the operation, I was pain free. A year later, I'm pain free. Dr. Carmody is a very skilled surgeon. I would recommend him without any reservations.

Submitted July 12, 2012 | flag

Dr. Carmody was absolutely excellent, if you need an excellent surgeon in the DFW area, he is it.

Submitted March 6, 2012 | flag

Dr Carmody performed surgery on me recently, two level cervical fusion. He and all his staff have been professional, caring, and friendly during this process. He was able to rule out other conditions prior to surgery and since I am already seeing a huge improvement. I would recommend this Dr to anyone.

Submitted Feb. 28, 2012 | flag

For 10 years I've been to dr after dr. Finally I found dr. Carmody and he did do surgery which improved my lifestyle 100% I would recommend him to anyone!

Submitted Jan. 12, 2012 | flag