Rate Dr. Cameron N. Carmody

Dr. Cameron N. Carmody's Ratings

Dr. Carmody repaired my L5S1 pinched nerve (sciatica) The pain was gone immediately after surgery. I was back to work three days later. A year later I'm doing great. Dr. Carmody is highly recommended to anyone dealing with Sciatica. The difference is a game changer.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2601605].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2014

Dr. Carmody performed surgery on a Tuesday and I was back to work on Friday. With lots of fresh hardware screwed to my cervical spine, I was able to complete my first workday without pain for as long as I can remember. The most significant reminder I'd had surgery was shaking off the anesthesia. The rest was a cakewalk. Thank you, Dr. Carmody, for fixing what had limited my personal and professional life for a very long time.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2556699].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2014

I saw Dr Carmody initially back in 2005. I had 2 ruptured cervical disks. I had previously had an invasive neck survey in 1990, so I didn't know what to expect. When informed that I would not even have to stay overnight, I was surprised. The surgery went off without a hitch and I experienced immediate relief. I was so satisfied that when a year later I started having trouble with a third cervical disk I immediately made an appointment with Dr Carmody. The experience was the same as before. He is very informative, and has a great sense of humor. I judge that by the fact he laughed at all my jokes. :) Because of his quality of care I have had shoulder and elbow surgeries with 2 of his partners. Unfortunately osteo issues run in my family. In my 53 years of seeing doctors there is no other doctor I would recommend higher than him. I am actually seeing him currently for lumbar issues.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2550717].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

After having had back surgery with a different surgeon earlier this year I developed more pain within 8 weeks of the surgery. I did attempt to get this resolved with the other Dr but I was only told it was normal and they would not allow me to schedule an appointment to see him. I went my primary care DR because of the pain increasing as the days went by and he recommended I take the MRI the other DR requested and go see Dr. Carmody. I was afraid that he would tell me the same thing but he actually listened to what I was saying. They did some x-rays in office along with the MRI. I had pain going down both legs so I was not sure what to expect. When Dr. Carmody came in to see me he knew what was wrong and found it immediately on the MRI. I had 2 issues, one being a failed back surgery that would need to be fixed and second on my right side I had bursitis. He was very detailed and showed me what he saw on the MRI.
I admit, I was scared and dumbfounded to learn that the surgery done on me months earlier had failed. Dr. Carmody described to me in detail what he had to do to fix my problem which was a 360 Lumbar Fusion. I didn't have to ask him, he explained it to me in detail about the procedure. I had the procedure done in August and after I came out of surgery, he spoke to my husband in detail about my surgery and how it went. That was a relief for my husband. The last DR only told him I was in recovery.
I am almost 5 weeks post op and I have not felt this much relief in nearly 4 years. With all that I have been through and knowing that Dr. Carmody will listen to me and actually be there to help gives me a great relief.
Dr. Carmody has changed my life by actually giving me my life back. I am working on building my stamina and strength back and I am overjoyed to be able to do this when I couldn't 5 weeks ago. I highly recommend Dr. Carmody and his staff to anyone having back pain. He is very thorough and trusting.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2542762].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2468412].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2014

I've never taken the time to write a review about my medical care, but Dr. Carmody is one of a kind. Let me tell you a little about my condition. In 12/2013, I twisted my back while my 2 year old granddaughter was on my left hip. Immediately, I felt as if my left buttock and calf had been hit with a 2x4. I was in so much pain. My PCP referred me to an orthopedist. During the 2 1/2 months with this guy, I underwent two epidural shots, (no help), PT, and narcotic pain medication. This doc said I might need to see a surgeon and referred my to his in-house guy. I did my own research for a back surgeon. I wanted someone who just works on backs. I picked Dr. Carmondy and I am thrilled with my results. He diagnosed me with a pinched nerve that radiated down my left leg and I had bursitis of the left hip. I was scheduled for surgery the next week. The moment I awoke up my pain was gone and it has never returned. Dr. Carmody knows his stuff. He is efficient, funny, and smart. I highly recommend

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2455964].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

After living with neck pain for 20+ years, and exhausting all other options, I elected to see an orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Cameron Carmody. I was very apprehensive about having surgery on my cervical spine, but Dr. Carmody felt that the surgery could help me. He said I would probably be driving again after a week to 10 days, and that my range-of-motion would be improved by the surgery. I was skeptical, but opted to have the surgery done—anterior cervical interbody fusion. It was the best decision I could have made. I was able to drive again after about week and my range-of-motion was so much better. Of the previous surgeries I have had in the past for other conditions, this one was by far the easiest and my only regret was not having it sooner. Dr. Carmody changed my life and I am grateful to him for that.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1873855].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 25, 2014

Dr. Carmody works magic! :) I was in terrible shape after a severely herniated L5-S1. He took away all the pain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1873854].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2013

Dr. Carmody had my respect from day 1. He is kind, honest, and really cares for his patients. I got a second opinion from someone after he told me I needed surgery but I felt more comfortable with Dr. Carmody. He really took the time to see me as a person and not a patient. He explained everything in detail and made me feel comfortable. He went above and beyond the call of duty. I recently had him do my surgery and could not have been happier. It is rare in todays society that you find doctors who are patient centered but he is by far the best in his field. He even called me on a Saturday to discuss my case after reviewing some films. Dr. Carmody made me feel like the most important person and really took his time to look me over and answer questions. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for an honest, kind, competent doctor. If I ever need anything done again or my family does, I know whom I'm calling. This is one skilled physician and he has my vote!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1873853].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2013

I was Dr. Carmody’s OPLL patient and am counting my blessings every day. If you don’t know what OPLL is, you are lucky… and if you have OPLL, you are also lucky, because you have found a very skillful and highly competent surgeon who knows how to help you! Five months ago, Dr. Carmody performed an “Anterior Cervical Corpectomy with Fusion and Plating” surgery on me. He did an awesome job and I have had no pain ever since. Not only is he a great surgeon, he has a good sense of humor and treats his patients with respect. He spends time to explain/answer my questions and concerns during office visits. He would be honest with you if you don’t need surgery - I had referred many of my family members to him. I love his office staff, they are so helpful and efficient. I also want to thank everyone who took the time to share their experiences – that helped me find Dr. Carmody!!! Dawn – Plano Tx.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1873852].votes_count ]]