Rate Dr. Donald M. Knapke

Dr. Donald M. Knapke's Ratings

Dr knapke answered all my concerns during my consultation for a right hip replacement. Surgery was great, only had a lot of pain ( as expected ) for the first 24 hours, but drugs took care of it. During the rest if recovery I did not take much pain meds, and was back to work in 8 weeks. Went back a year later for the left side, same results, only I was back to work in 6 weeks. Both hips pain free and my activity level is like I was 10 years ago.

Submitted July 24, 2014 | flag

I had total hip replacement 7 weeks ago. I am in horrible pain and can barely walk. Staff is very rude. When I finally saw the doc his response was, "I don't know what it is,". I was told to come back in a week. After repeated phone calls (they rarely return calls), I was told to see the PA this week. It's obvious to me that they've been paid and now view me as a nuisance. There are not that many things that can go wrong post-op with this surgery so I find it incredible he can't figure out what the problem is.

Submitted Jan. 13, 2014 | flag

Staff takes away from this orthopaedic practice. I sat there and observed a lot in the few visits I was there. The girls all sit and gossip. I heard them laughing about a patients weight, and then about a few patients that called. I found that I could never reach this Dr by phone. I called six times and never received a return phone call. The one nurse Ruthie mocked me for the question I asked. I don't think it is professional that the Dr's wife works directly with him. She seemed very jealous and insistent with her views. This Dr is short tempered and he just did not take the time with me. It was impossible to get through the gateways of their phone system and their staff Never have I been treated so rudely,and dealt with a staff that was so uneducated, unprofessional, unkept, and treated the patients like they were cattle in a bar. I will never ever ever see Dr. Knapke again. I think the whole office staff needs a TOTAL OVERHAUL. Get rid of Anne and Ruthie!!

Submitted Nov. 17, 2013 | flag

---OUTSTANDING,,,COMPASSIONATE AND SKILLED---HE LISTENS AND ADDRESSES ALL CONCERNS AND EXPLAINS THINGS IN TERMS THAT ARE UNDERSTANDABLE

Submitted May 18, 2013 | flag

chooses to NOT listen to his patients,blows you off when you have concerns

Submitted Sept. 15, 2011 | flag

I was sent to this doctor by my spinal surgeon for a very old problem with my left knee. I have Osgood Shlatter's in both knnes. Rt one was operated on 22years go and still doing great. That surgeon is now retired. First, PA came in, very unfriendly, forgot to introduce himself, and then claimed he never heard of my disease? I was like what?? So, Dr. Knapke came in, seemed very distant, and claimed "they really don't operate on my problem or if they did, would be a complicated surg! really? Mine was done as outpt surgery! I was told basically to learn to live with pain in left knee. VERY DISSAPPOINTED! I said, "That's funny, I was operated on 21 yrs ogo, and still fine today". And he just had funny look on his face. This is following a major back surgery w/another surgeon. This pain is holding back my therapy too. But, at least I wasn't charged a office visit. Nothing to pay for! I told he was "the best". Don't believe it. Sorry..

Submitted Feb. 17, 2011 | flag

If you have a hip fx, this is the Doc you want to fix it!!!!!

Submitted Jan. 9, 2009 | flag