Dr. Renn Holness

Rate Dr. Renn Holness

Dr. Renn Holness's Ratings

great dr. easy to talk with,after saving my life of a brain anursym .i had a stroke in the hospital,he told me that i would get through this,and now after 3 years i feel he was right

Submitted Aug. 30, 2012 | flag

Best Doctor in the world! :) He was kind, very helpful Great bedside manner. He saved my life and I will forever be thankful! :)

Submitted Feb. 21, 2012 | flag

Quite simply, Dr. Holness is "the finest kind". Saved my life, and I Never forget that. Hope he is happily retired and enjoying life to the fullest. Nobody deserves it more!

Submitted Nov. 18, 2011 | flag

I loved Dr. Holness, he was an intern when Dr. Huestis operated on me in 1971, had follow up checks @ Dr huetis, then he retired, Dr. Holness took over, but I think he may have retired too, I wish I could have some contact with him...Donna MacDonald...not sure if you remember the little 9 yr. old...she's almost 50 now, I did see you since then, a few times, probably don't remember, worth a try

Submitted Oct. 25, 2010 | flag

Took very good care of me!Gave me very detailed information regarding my situation and was so very helpful!...saved me from a crazy Dr. in Sydney who was planning on slaughtering me,won't mention the name but I assume he is on "Rate your Dr." with a very poor grade!!!

Submitted Dec. 20, 2009 | flag

I was referred to Dr. Holness in 2006 after suffering a ruptured lumbar disk. I had been in agony for 6 months while waiting to hear from a referral to an orthopaedic surgeon, but after finding out the wait would be 18+months to see one, my GP decided to try Neuro. I had a CT scan, and within a week had a call from Dr. Holness's office, and an appt. the next week. After the initial consult, Dr. H. had me in for MRI within 2 weeks, and I was booked for surgery 3 weeks later. I was treated with nothing but respect by Dr. Holness and his team. They were very open to questions and often used humor to lighten the mood. I woke up in recovery with surgical pain, but the debilitating pain down my leg that had been tormenting me for months was completely gone. I say he's entitled to having a God complex, for this man certainly gave me back my life. He treated me with care, warmth, and professionalism. My surgery was a complete success; today my back is better than ever!

Submitted Nov. 1, 2009 | flag

Dr. Holness saved my life. I will be forever grateful. My name is Krystal Boyd and I had an AVM that he fixed along wih his team.It was a very risky surgery with me either dying or being partially paralyzed on my left side. I am o.k. I have full use of everything.I have to take seizure meds and deal with anxiety. He is an amazing,caring,giving man. We are sooo blessed to have him here.Dr. Holness if you ever read this, thank you is just not enough..but Thank You,thank you. it's been 10 years and I just found this site. I am dealing with anxiety and typed in AVM and found this and am glad. I still have AURAS(small seizures) but function in life well. He is a man with a great gift. Love Krystal xoxox

Submitted Aug. 16, 2009 | flag

Holness performed neurosurgery on my spinal area in 1990. He was very anxious to cut me open as my rare condition would look good on his resume (my opinion. He did not inform me that I could end up with significant decreased sensation on the right side of my body, which I did. He did not inform me that I could become impotent, which I did. His reasoning was a "trauma" had happened. When i went to see him about these problems he refused to see me and referred me to my neurologist. I had surgery in 2007. When they referred to my 1990 operation I was contacted by Holness's office for a "follow up" appointment. A regular follow up after 17.5 years? I passed. I saw him at a grocery store last month and was tempted to give him a piece of my mind but didn't. He didn't care back then so why should he care now. Biggest mistake I've ever made when I conceeded to be oeprated on by this man.

Submitted Aug. 3, 2009 | flag

My experience with Dr. Holness has been superb - went out of his way to help me and relieve the pain. He is a fantastic physician and am greatful and thankful to have dealt with him!!!

Submitted April 7, 2009 | flag

I waited two years for any neck surgery appointed and felt blessed that Dr. Holness agreed to see me and do my surgery. Upon arrival at the hospital, I was lied to about my surgery time(7:30 a.m.), treated poorly by day surgery staff who called someone else up in front of me to give them my surgery time before I got to talk to the doctor about it, my other health concerns (diabetes) was not consided an important enough factor when booking my surgery time( a diabetic should not fast 12 to 14 hours prior to surgery), and the doctor did not realize he had not gone over the total procedure of the surgery with me even though I told this info to his secretary prior to booking the surgery. I had to ask the day surgery nurse the appropiate name of my surgery so I could look up info about it on the internet. Anyway, I cancelled the surgery because they made my heart and head feel verbally and mentally wounded. No one should feel or be treated this way!! I didn't even receive a "we are sorry."

Submitted Nov. 7, 2008 | flag