Rate Dr. Mary Redmond

Dr. Mary Redmond's Ratings

Dr. Redmond recently agreed to take over my care after the retirement of "Dr. Thompson" who was a godsend and helped me through the darkest most painful time in my life. Dr. Redmond didn't have to take me on as a a patient so when she told me she would I thought it was really, a very kind thing to do. I've seen Dr. Redmond 4 times and she's been polite, calm, and very helpful. The first time I met with her I was a bit intimidated and not expecting the large amount of questions about my life and family history, any past drug issues, etc. I had a really difficult time expressing myself properly and I wasn't able to give a good timeline of my life and the medical injuries and issues I had sustained. I just wasn't expecting it and due to my nerves I don't think I gave a very good impression of myself or what was causing my pain. Anyhow, after the long history and risk type assessment, we discusssed possibly continuing the treatment that "Dr. T" had initiated all those years ago if things went okay. I was given some blood work to do, and a urinalysis of some sort, it may have been a drug test I'm not 100% sure. The second time I met with her I was having an acute exacerbation of my asthma and was having trouble breathing and she noticed right away and she quickly got up and went and found a family doctor in her office and she convinced him to see me, and because of her I didn't have to go to walk-in clinic or hospital to get treated. The third appointment we discussed my medications more in depth, and I explained my sleep difficulties and that I likely had apnea but never was able to complete a hospital sleep study due to insomnia. There just happens to be a company working close by her office that offers an affordable apnea test you can bring home and put on before bed and it would diagnose apnea. On my most recent appointment we discussed my medications more and I told her that I was having a lot of fatigue and pain and most of all I was curious if she could help me try something for my muscle spasms. She helped me find something I could try to see if it helped and it was something covered by my ontario drug benefit plan, which is good because half the time doctors prescribe me things I can't even afford. I have trouble getting to my doctors appointments in Toronto because the cost is obscene and it's difficult to get ODSP to reimburse for any money spent on travel. Dr. Redmond explained that it may not even be necessary to go to Toronto and that there is something called "Telemedicine" and that I could possibly call Sick Kids in Toronto and ask if the doctor would be willing to do the Telemedicine and if the doctor said yes, all I would have to do is drive 25 minutes to Winchester and have the session at the location on a program similar to Skype but more secure. She always has really good ideas or solutions to problems that I've never heard of before. She's always punctual, and she never rushes me out of the office. She saw me for almost an hour the other day and I told her of my plan to finally finish high school from home and she was supportive, and told me the best way to approach the whole thing without setting myself up to fail. Anyways, I know that was long but I thought I give an honest run down of how my appointments have gone so far.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2624556].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2014

She has left my husband without proper attention or refills for his narcotic prescriptions that he is is now physically addicted to. This has happened on more than one occasion without explanation - her office staff could care less - withdrawal at any age is a very difficult thing to go through and even more difficult to watch but at his age it is dangerous - this is disgraceful lack of responsibility by a medical practitioner - at the very least. Someone without a any medical or moral principles. If you are going to prescribe narcotics as part of a pain management regime take care of your patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2571682].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2014

One couldn't ask for a more compassionate, kind and personable doctor than Dr. Redmond. I began seeing her after a car accident, all conservative treatments failed, and back surgery failed as well. I was seen by the pain clinic at the General until they decided that they weren't treating fibromyalgia/chronic pain patients any more. Mary has been a God send - she believed me when I told her about my pain, and unlike WSIB, didn't question or spy on me. She made my life livable again, and I'm now able to go on vacations and sleep better too.
I would recommend her to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2547042].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2014

I was initially pleased as the medications she prescribed started to improve my quality of life. She kept adding different medications to my list over the years and I ended up in the hospital, bedridden for over a year. The ER doctor and now my new pain specialist were both shocked not only at the number of different medications, but also at the dosage amounts. It took me four years to recover from the impact of the long list of medications she gave me.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2489396].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 9, 2014

I agree with MT. I was referred to Dr. Redmond by my neurosurgeon approx. 10 years ago and she is absolutely AMAZING! On time, professional, caring, knowledgeable and interested in everything going on in your life as issues such as stress affect your pain tolerance. She prescribed a number of medications and has "fiddled" over the years as my health issues have changed. She has referred me to other specialists when she felt they could help - all "top drawer". I am so incredibly grateful to be her patient. My family is, too. She has given me my life back. Thank you, Dr. Redmond. I can never express how much your care means to me.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1875584].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

Dr Mary Redmond has been my pain specialist for about 10 years. She is Great She is always on time, unlike a lot of Doctors that double book patients, She is always helpful and most important because of my condition she is knowledgeable. You can tell that she loves her job and cares about her patients. She takes the time to get to know you and I feel she cares. Yes she also has a heart and cares fore animals not only cats. She wears many hats. Thank you for all the TLC you've given me over the years. god bless you MT

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1875583].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2014

Hello.I was referred to dr.Redmond by my GP for chronic neck pain.I was amazed that without knowing, sitting and talking, she was able to notice posture how I moved and shifted.I thought it brilliant to have been assessed prior to examination as she was able to see my natural state.Her office and personality is so calm, serene, I felt at ease.And her "visual exam" without my noticing, was very accurate.Drs often jump to questions and it tends to make a new patient nervous on an initial consult.I felt no such thing.She was "sold" from day on.I find her approach unique and efficient, while putting a client at ease.Not only is she an excellent dr but her emphasis on the correlation between pain and stress and depression is of solid relevanceIt feels comforting being treated as a person rather than a number.It is a privilege to be her patient.I look forward to my visit,feeling truly cared for,I receive the best help pain treatment & overall health issues.Thank you Dr.Redmond from catlady

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1875582].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2013

I cannot tell you how wonderful she is for pain. If I had not have met her dont know what I would have done, she makes you feel comfortable all the time very knowledgeable I just cant describe her out of this world a very caring doctor no one else for me...

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1875581].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2012

Old fashion doctor who takes the time and cares about her patients and her duty.Mary goes beyond that of her duty to try to make life better for her patients.Mary has an excellent understanding of the abusive manner of insurance companies and the holes in the governments system that the patients fall through or get stuck in.A top Doctor that takes the time to get to know the patient .

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1875580].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2012

I went to see her and the receptionist has no PR skills and I dont feel like going to her anymore because of this.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1875579].votes_count ]]