Rate Dr. Mary Redmond

Dr. Mary Redmond's Ratings

One couldn't ask for a more compassionate, kind and personable doctor than Dr. Redmond. I began seeing her after a car accident, all conservative treatments failed, and back surgery failed as well. I was seen by the pain clinic at the General until they decided that they weren't treating fibromyalgia/chronic pain patients any more. Mary has been a God send - she believed me when I told her about my pain, and unlike WSIB, didn't question or spy on me. She made my life livable again, and I'm now able to go on vacations and sleep better too.
I would recommend her to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2547042].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2014

I was initially pleased as the medications she prescribed started to improve my quality of life. She kept adding different medications to my list over the years and I ended up in the hospital, bedridden for over a year. The ER doctor and now my new pain specialist were both shocked not only at the number of different medications, but also at the dosage amounts. It took me four years to recover from the impact of the long list of medications she gave me.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2489396].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 9, 2014

I agree with MT. I was referred to Dr. Redmond by my neurosurgeon approx. 10 years ago and she is absolutely AMAZING! On time, professional, caring, knowledgeable and interested in everything going on in your life as issues such as stress affect your pain tolerance. She prescribed a number of medications and has "fiddled" over the years as my health issues have changed. She has referred me to other specialists when she felt they could help - all "top drawer". I am so incredibly grateful to be her patient. My family is, too. She has given me my life back. Thank you, Dr. Redmond. I can never express how much your care means to me.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1875584].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

Dr Mary Redmond has been my pain specialist for about 10 years. She is Great She is always on time, unlike a lot of Doctors that double book patients, She is always helpful and most important because of my condition she is knowledgeable. You can tell that she loves her job and cares about her patients. She takes the time to get to know you and I feel she cares. Yes she also has a heart and cares fore animals not only cats. She wears many hats. Thank you for all the TLC you've given me over the years. god bless you MT

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1875583].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2014

Hello.I was referred to dr.Redmond by my GP for chronic neck pain.I was amazed that without knowing, sitting and talking, she was able to notice posture how I moved and shifted.I thought it brilliant to have been assessed prior to examination as she was able to see my natural state.Her office and personality is so calm, serene, I felt at ease.And her "visual exam" without my noticing, was very accurate.Drs often jump to questions and it tends to make a new patient nervous on an initial consult.I felt no such thing.She was "sold" from day on.I find her approach unique and efficient, while putting a client at ease.Not only is she an excellent dr but her emphasis on the correlation between pain and stress and depression is of solid relevanceIt feels comforting being treated as a person rather than a number.It is a privilege to be her patient.I look forward to my visit,feeling truly cared for,I receive the best help pain treatment & overall health issues.Thank you Dr.Redmond from catlady

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1875582].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2013

I cannot tell you how wonderful she is for pain. If I had not have met her dont know what I would have done, she makes you feel comfortable all the time very knowledgeable I just cant describe her out of this world a very caring doctor no one else for me...

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1875581].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2012

Old fashion doctor who takes the time and cares about her patients and her duty.Mary goes beyond that of her duty to try to make life better for her patients.Mary has an excellent understanding of the abusive manner of insurance companies and the holes in the governments system that the patients fall through or get stuck in.A top Doctor that takes the time to get to know the patient .

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1875580].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2012

I went to see her and the receptionist has no PR skills and I dont feel like going to her anymore because of this.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1875579].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 19, 2012

From the previous comments, she sounds like she helped a few people. My experience has been she pushes medication without talking about long term impact or side effects. Most of the appointment, she's preoccupied with her own musings, like her cats. It's frustrating use of my time when I waited a long time for help. If you're looking for a doctor that freely prescribes narcotics without talking about lifestyle changes or asking too many questions, she's one to see. Personally, I liked my last doctor that cared to listen about my struggles and suggested changes along with medication. Also, don't question or challenge her, she acts above the patient, and we're all human, whether we have an MD after our name or not. She talks about 'having' to come to work everyday so maybe she's just become tired of helping others, much easier to write prescriptions and chitchat about news, herself. Carefully check the effects of the drugs she prescribes and get a second opinion, even with your GP.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1875578].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 28, 2012

She spends our appointment time talking incessantly about her cats. And, I wonder if she remembers me from one time to the next,as her first question is always 'do you have any cats' Does she not do this with her other patients? Is it just me? But, it's true that she's kind and knowledgeable. I just wish we could talk about doctor-patient stuff and not the new litter of kittens and the feral cats she's taken in!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1875577].votes_count ]]