Rate Dr. Robert Dent

Dr. Robert Dent's Ratings

Dr. Dent. First impressions of him - cold, harsh, detached. I accompanied my wife to his clinic in June 2014. We sat down to discuss the Weight Loss program and options. As a couple, you'd think he'd acknowledge my very existance. Apparently I was using uo his oxygene as every question I asked he sturnly shot down and turned back to my wife. "Why Optifast 900 and not a commercially available product." "It's got studies to back it up, that's what we use." I asked "How do I support my wife, but maintain my own eating habits?" "You want steak, go out." He may have all the credentials in the world, but he has the personality of a stone. For someone who has to deal with people who may be at their ends wits with weight loss, I expected a but more "Humanity" from him. Since that visit, we asked staff about costs. "About a hundred dollars a week." My career is procurement. It's either $100 or it's not. We didn't get the OFFICIAL answer until my wife's first visit....in LATE OCTOBER. My opinion is this process lacks transparency and forecoming. ANSWER THE BLOODY QUESTIONS without the attitude. My taxes pay into OHIP, which pays a part of your salaries. I'm not asking for the impossible. I'm asking for PROFESSIONAL and COURTEOUS customer service.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2604555].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2014

Dr. Dent has been a doctor of mine for 10 years. In the beginning I thought his personality was brash and unthoughtful. However as time progressed I realized that his main focus was statistics and funding. He was helpful in some aspects of my day to day life but ultimately he is focused on the bigger picture. With his thin staff of doctor's and therapist's trying to succeed where other weight management companies have failed. He is doing his part to help those in need of lifestyle change. In time, his personality has become more jovial and aware. Not everyone has the same expectations but with the help of his staff and increasing demand for his classes, I do hope with more funding he will develop a bigger institute and change the lives of many for years to come.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2502552].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 18, 2014

If you are over the age of 40 you will receive good service (good not great) from DR Dent. If you are young and have too many questions DR Dent will tell you to read more information and come back between 3-6 months.

One question is allowed if you have more, you are not educated enough about the services offered and must come back later when you know what you want to do. Don't ask for help that’s not his job you should already know about everything and do not have any emotional baggage that means your not dedicated enough or are not willing to make the change. And whatever you do not mention what others say about the program or ask about the difference between Surgery with DR Dent and surgery with a US Doctor.

If you are ok with being rushed or being a number not a name then I suggest you will love DR Dent otherwise you have to grow a thick skin fill out all your paperwork knowing they don’t care and just want your money and your statistics.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2496686].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2014

Dr. Dent is a very helpfull doctor, he takes time to listen to you, does not judge you and is very knowledgable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1875686].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 16, 2011

I know Dr. Dent for over 20 years. He is caring person excellent compassionate and very understanding. I definitely would recommend him to any of my friends or family. I think the world of him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1875685].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2011

If it wasn't for Dr. Dent sending me for the series of blood tests, I wouldn't know I was diabetic. He is considerate and caring.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1875684].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2010

The negative comments regarding Dr. Dent are not plausable in my experience. He was my physician a few years ago and I could not have been more impressed by his attitude, knowledge and interest in his chosen field. I am a senior citizen who has worked as a professional healthcare provider for over 40 years and I'm not known to tolerate inferior care for myself or anyone else for that matter. I have no negative comments whatsoever regarding this doctor.......a rare experience. I was...still am..... very grateful that I was referred to him for treatment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1875683].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 2, 2010

I am so shocked to read these negative comments, Dr. Dent is a wonderful doctor (with a bit of a twisted sense of humour.) I absolutely loved him. He was such a gentleman to me. The most knowledgable doctor in weight loss management in Ottawa.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1875682].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 30, 2010

Wish I'd never wasted my time. I thought a doctor was supposed to make you feel better about yourself. Stay away from this man all he wants to do is make money

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1875681].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 20, 2010

Worst experience I’ve ever had with a medical professional. First off, my appointment was for 3:00pm. I arrived at 2:45. I was told that I should of arrived at 2:30 to fill out a questionnaire. The receptionist said she would “ASK” the Dr. if he was still willing to see me!? As I was filling out the questionnaire with pertinent health background, Dr. Dent told me to rush through it because he was running late. (Empty waiting room…) He then told me to forget about the questionnaire and to come in his office. He was very condescending, did not have time to answer any questions, weighed me, dictated some letter to my Dr. and said I should do some reading and come back in 3 months! Canadian healthcare may be free and you clearly get what you paid for! Thanks for caring Dr. Dent! Enjoy that pay cheque...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1875680].votes_count ]]