Rate Dr. Doug Mirsky

Dr. Doug Mirsky's Ratings

Submitted Aug. 6, 2014 | flag

I saw Dr. Mirsky about 2 years ago and he was absolutely amazing. He was kind and patient and seemed to genuinely care for my concerns. He really made sure that I was completely at ease and that all my questions were answered. I felt like I was in good hands. Everything went well with the surgery. I wish more doctors were like him.

Submitted May 28, 2014 | flag

I recently became aware of this site or I would have written 1n 1998 to express my gratitude to Dr. Doug Mirsky for his competence and caring during my surgery for breast cancer that year. Dr. Mirsky operated again in 2009 for a second, unrelated breast cancer. Both times he was there for me every step of the way calming my fears and giving me the confidence I needed during that time. He is outstanding in his field, going above and beyond for his patients. You would have to look far to find a more skilled and compassionate surgeon. He is one of a kind.

Submitted July 29, 2012 | flag

Hard to accept the truth once you know it in the first time..I'm only one daughter in the family with 5 brothers and I was diagnosed for breast cancer, and I'm so lucky that I got Dr. Mirsky to be my surgeon. He is an excellent surgeon who always have the time to explain everything in detailed especially to those people like me doesn't know medical term. He is very compassionate, caring and very thoughtful in every ways.His bedside manner is excellent.He is my angel here in Canada and will remain so. GOD is good that HE provided me a very excellent surgeon. THanks Dr. Doug Mirsky.. Becks

Submitted Dec. 29, 2011 | flag

Dr. Doug Mirsky writes down what he tells you, so that you can re-read it when better able to grasp it all. How wonderful is that? He is kind, thoughtful (warms his hands prior to examinations), knowledgeable (follows higher standards of practice than currently required here), and skilled (his incisions are a work of art). Anyone referred to him should thank their lucky stars that they are in the hands of the best breast surgeon in our area!! Linda R.

Submitted Oct. 17, 2011 | flag

Dr. Mirsky is one of the best Dr.'s I have met; he is friendly, caring and does not make you feel rushed at all. His 'bedside' manner is terrific and it took no time at all before my nervous, apprehensive and very modest daughter was calm and relaxed with him. He explained in detail what was going to happen before, during and after her surgical procedure and after only a few days, she was back to work and in very little pain.

Submitted Nov. 4, 2010 | flag

I recently had to have an infection incised and drained on my breast. If it wasn't for Dr. Mirsky I probably would have cried through the entire procedure. His excellent bedside manner, genuine concern and comfortable sense of humour made the experience better than tolerable and I left with a feeling of complete relief. Not only did he do a great job, surgically, but he reinforced me with feelings of self-assurance. Awesome doctor. If only he could be my doctor for everything!

Submitted June 9, 2009 | flag

I am so grateful that Dr. Mursky was my surgeon after I was diagnosed with breast cancer. He has a wonderful bedside manner, a wealth of experience and he is a very neat surgeon. I felt very confident and comforted that he was going to do exactly what he told me he would and I completely trusted that my health could not be in better hands. His understanding, charm and sense of humour were so welcome during such a scary time in my life. I know this sounds over the top, but I truly believe that the man is doing God's work, may he practice and help patients during their challenging times for many years to come.

Submitted June 9, 2009 | flag

Dr, Doug Mirsky a great surgeon, I knew as soon as I met him I was in good hands. He helped my husband and I deal with the whole breast cancer night-mare. A man I will be in debt to for the rest of my life. Lucy

Submitted Feb. 24, 2009 | flag

I say Dr. Mirsky in 2008 at the Queensway Carleton to remove a breast lump. He does not typically take male patients, but was willing to operate. he is very professional and cares for his patients. I hope you never have to undergo breast surgery, beit for males or females, but he is a good choice hands down.

Submitted Jan. 26, 2009 | flag