Rate Dr. Paul Bernstein

Dr. Paul Bernstein's Ratings

Doctor Bernstein is amazing. He has helped me through countless miscarriages, has always made time for me, and has gone out of his way to accomadate me. Sadly he wasn't able to deliver me when I did have my daughter, but he came to visit me after. And when I had serious complications 2 weeks post partum he came by twice during the weekend to check up on me. Without a doubt one of the most caring doctors out there. I will never trust my uterus to anyone but Doctor Bernstein, I even told him that with my next I will cross my legs until he is on call cause I do not trust anyone else to deliver me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1878365].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2011

I had a really bad experience with Dr.Bernstein. He is one of the most ignorant doctors I ever met. Could care less about his patients, and his secretary is exactly the same. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1878364].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2010

Dr. B is one of the greatest obgyns. He heads the general obgyn dept at Mount Sinai in Toronto & has one of the longest standing practices at that hospital. If you do not live in the city, he is well worth the drive. Dr. B was part of the team that had delivered me 25 yrs ago. This time it was my turn. I went in for my 12-week u/s & unfortunately, the news given to me was not of the greatest. Dr. B was there to arrange immediate genetic testing & counseling. When the tests showed that my pregnancy had no chance of survival, he was there to provide the best knowledge so that I could make my decision. When I decided to undergo a D&C, regrettably, Dr. B could not do it, but he immediately called in a favour so I could undergo it a few days later. After the procedure, he called to check up on me to see how I was doing physically & emotionally, something I did not expect from such a busy doctor. His compassion & understanding is one to be mirrored by other doctors. I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1878363].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 1, 2010

Dr. Bernstein is the best obstetrician in the world! He has delivered two of my children and I am currently seeing him for my third pregnancy. He is kind, caring and patient, and takes the time to answer all of my questions. My sister has used him, and I have referred three of my friends to him as well. Every single one of us agrees he is professional, knowledgeable, but above all else, he truly cares for his patients. I would highly recommend Dr. Bernstein to anyone who is looking for the best ob-gyn in the city!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1878362].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 27, 2009

He is a legend, a mentor to hundreds of OB/GYN med students and was my OB for both my son and daughter. In an emergency situation, I would not want anyone else handling my delivery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1878361].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2008

I can't believe the ratings this guy has. I saw him some years back for surgery on my cervix. He did a biopsy wihtout an anaesthetic and then got impatient with me for starting to cry from the pain. During my cryo-surgery, he complained about his tax bracket. At my check-up, he handed me a brochure and told me I probably had endometriosis. My mother had a similar experience - we didn't realize until we compared notes and realized it was the same doctor. Run away!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1878360].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2008

Dr bernstein is great! His staff is firm yet friendly (esp. nurse Marlene) and he always makes himself available for birth awherever possible. He took great care of me during my two pregnancies. Everyone I know who was udner his care loves him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1878359].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 21, 2008

Are his knowledge and technique exceptional? Probably not, but actually quite good. Is it his charming bedside manner? No. (although he can be moderately charming on occasion). He spends limited time with each patient, but manages time well to provide quality care. He is thorough, pays attention, asks the right questions, checks and sometimes doublechecks, exercises good judgment, good doctor-patient etiquette and does that little bit extra that separates the very good doctors from the okay doctors. You can trust him to always do his best for you. When you have had a really bad doctor, you appreciate the good ones more. I consider myself lucky to have been his longtime patient. The very smart, very capable Betty Lam, the assistant, the gatekeeper who knows the answers to an awful lot of questions, who has been on the front line single-handedlly running the office for at least 20 years, deserves much credit for the success of this practice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1878358].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 26, 2007

Excellent md,delivered all three of my children over a 15 year period,each time very professional and effient

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1878357].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 28, 2007

What an excellent doctor! My husband and I highly recommend him. He put us at ease throughout my pregnancy. I had to go in for a last minute c-section and he was not on call but made it a point to be there to observe and make sure everything went smoothly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1878356].votes_count ]]