Rate Dr. Wolfgang Schraut

Dr. Wolfgang Schraut's Ratings

When I saw Dr.Schraut, he barely examined me, leaving that to his resident. After listening to my complaint, he told me to change my fiber choice to relieve the excess gas I was experiencing and to watch my diet. After I was admitted to the ER a while later, it was discovered that the lump I had come to see him about was an infected diverticulum which had it ruptured, I would have been in serious trouble. I came away from my visit, feeling that he just dismissed me as not important.

Submitted May 2, 2014 | flag

Dr Schraut saved my life. I am so fortunate that he is my doctor. I actually looked forward to seeing him at 6 am while i was in the hospital and still look forward to going to his office for checkups. Just a excellent person!

Submitted Feb. 7, 2012 | flag

Dr. Schraut is a wonderful man and has to be one of the best surgeon at UPMC. I am here today because of his work. The interesting thing is this. When he stopped to see me after a 10 hour operation, I thanked him. He pointed to the television in my room that had a religious commercial and a picture of Jesus and said, don't thank me, thank him. Keep up the great work, Dr. Schraut. We need you in this area, and are glad that you are here.

Submitted Feb. 6, 2012 | flag

As an RN I encounter many MDs. MD Schraut is great to his patients. Knowledgeable personable through and caring. I had him as a patient while being an RN and thought he was fabulous, I had seen many doctors while being sick he is a great surgeon and has saved my life. Since my surgeries I have had the pleasure of working with him and out patients still feel he is a fabulous caring man.

Submitted Dec. 31, 2011 | flag

This man is probably the best surgeon in UPMC. Excellent reputation amongst his fellow doctors. We are lucky to have him in the Pittsburgh area. Keep up the good work we appreciate you Dr. Schraut.

Submitted Dec. 4, 2008 | flag