Dr. Carl Wiebe

5 1 4.4

You may also like

Rate Dr. Carl Wiebe

Dr. Carl Wiebe's Ratings

This doctor has saved my life. He was the one to finally diagnose me properly (after several wrong diagnoses since I was 17). I'm doing his DBT group and it is also helping. I feel like I'm finally getting the care I need with Dr Wiebe and I'm so grateful. He is kind, thoughtful, and compassionate. I feel very lucky to have him be my psychiatrist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2842568].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

I think Dr Wiebe needs a lot more experience, I gave him low marks for knowledge, but really what he lacks is wisdom. I don't think he has a real grasp of the nuances of mental illness, and isn't good at reading people.
I read another review where it was mentioned that 'perhaps he just likes some patients more than others' That makes sense to me. I didn't have a good experience with him, though he's certainly affable, and a nice man.

I was fortunate to have been in a good headspace when I met him, so I wasn't dangerously vulnerable and willing to think everything was my fault as I have been with other new Psychiatrists.
He really LOVES to talk about himself. I didn't feel listened to, and though he talked about suffering he seemed to me to only really understand it on a superficial level. When I started to unravel emotionally I felt like I left the office with a virtual punch on the shoulder and "you'll be just fine"
It was almost comical "buuuut I want to kill myself" "you'll be OKAY" "I think I should go inpatient"
"Well I can make an appointment with you in two weeks" Me thinking "Well we haven't talked about anything I wanted to, nothing is going to be different, so why will I be okay in two weeks, do you not believe me?" His answering machine says that if you are part of his life skills class (not covered) you can talk to him in person, but if you're just a regular patient.. go to the ER. That bothered me even before I was in crisis, but when I did go to the E.R. Saying " I feel suicidal" NOT asking for meds He said I was going for medication. That made me realize he wasn't concerned enough to check in on me at all but he had the time to look me up on Pharmanet. I felt as though he had an idea of me, and anything I did was going to fit his picture. I have another Dr. now and am much happier.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2731654].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 23, 2015

Dr Wiebe saved my life. He is constantly trying to help me better my circumstances. He's exceptional with PTSD, and understands the addictive mind. He doesn't assume, he asks, inquires, thinks, and bases his decisions on a great deal of research. This dr has changed my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2708498].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2015

I don't know what Dr. Wiebe does exactly. He doesn't listen or engage in issues that are currently traumatizing , he offers a "that must be hard" and then dismisses it. Our sessions are superficial with me wondering why I came besides getting my script refilled. It seems all actual therapy is only available if you can Join his DBT group. If you can't afford that, don't expect much.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2696564].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 25, 2015

Dr. Wiebe is very compassionate, intelligent and insightful. He is very easy to talk to, helpful and sincere.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2614669].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2014

Dr. Wiebe made my symptoms get worse after each session. He seems disinterested in my concerns. Communication with this physician is difficult. I expected a lot of understanding, compassion, and support instead I had disinterest in my problems, no support, no help, other than some meds, that don't work, and statements/comments that I don't feel are appropriate. No patient should be treated with such disrespect. I felt hurt, humiliated and upset. I hope he can still open his eyes and be more respectful, supportive and compassionate. Maybe he should review the standards of Good Psychiatrist Practice. Maybe he prefers some patients to others. I am unsure, but the worst thing for patient is when the doctor is not interested in seeing patient. You go there and you feel, what am I doing here, this doctor is going to insult me or tell me something upsetting instead of something encouraging. I am very disappointed but I still have hope or maybe not. :-(

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2456089].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

Dr. Wiebe is compassionate and respectful of individual boundaries and readiness. He works with the individual and makes himself available if needed. He is patient and persistent to promote change.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1881305].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2014

He is fantastic. He's a good listener, and works with the patient rather than dictating what should be done. He has a kind, relaxed manner and I have always felt very comfortable with him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1881304].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2013

Dr W looks at the whole picture and understand PTSD and eating disorders. He is very thoughtful, good listener and offers good advice and options.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1881303].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2013

Dr Wiebe truly is an amazing doctor. He is extremely knowledgeable and caring and he truly takes the time to make sure that you are leaving his office with all the information you need. He is so well respected and liked by our family and could never have found such a good doctor. He was with us through both of our pregnancies and we were extremely grateful. He is the best doctor that we ever had. It will be very hard to find a doctor like him and he will be missed but wish him all the success and happiness in his future adventures!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1881302].votes_count ]]