Rate Dr. Armstrong Mettle

Dr. Armstrong Mettle's Ratings

Dr. Mettle was my doctor growing up. I trust him above everyone else. I can't doctor with him regularly as I live to far from Sasktoon but if I am in doubt or unsure about a medical situation I go back to him. He is a fantastic doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2619822].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2014

HORRIBLE doctor! please do not waste your time ,all negative reviews are true!! Better luck as a walk in anywhere else.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2608902].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2014

Do not go to this clinic! Hands down worst experience I've ever had. New to saskatoon looking for a family doctor , called and booked with doctor Mettle my appt. was at 3pm and I ha to wait until 4:30 to see him, while 4 people went in before me and showed up long after me. Once I met the doctor he was SO RUDE! He told me he could only deal with one problem at a time and would have to book another appointment for any other clinical issues. Then treated me so poorly it was uncomfortable and I just wanted to run out of there. I will NEVER go back to this clinic. The clinic was also disgusting with dirty fingerprints all over the walls and kids play area the bathroom had crude writing all over it! Clearly no one there cares about the place. GROSS!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2608240].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 5, 2014

I had an appointment for 4:00 and I didn't get in to see him until 5:30. It would have been faster to show up as a walk in with another doctor in the same clinic. During my appointment we were interrupted 4 times by his staff, who needed him to sign something and print a new form. I will not be returning to him. It's no surprise that he's always accepting new patients....because nobody stays with him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2581121].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2014

Patrician demeanor, crafty smile. Mettle talked expansively about how he is "not a scientist but a clinician" – an artisan who can "ignore lab results and make his own decisions." Examples: (1) My case: If a patient finds a way to live with symptoms, Mettle says "Why worry? Why dig deeper for a diagnosis?" I argued for half-hour for right to specialist. (2) General: Suppose a patient takes 2 Rx known to conflict with each other, and pharmacist warns they shouldn't be taken together. If no bad reaction occurred YET, Mettle "would just allow patient to continue. Why worry?" (3) General: FDA lists a maximum dose for each Rx marketed. Mettle said he "ignores that. The actual lethal dose of a Rx is six times the max dose, giving him a large buffer to prescribe above the official maximum." But lethal dose refers to mortality (death); maximum dose prevents morbidity (serious injury from side-effects). I wept after my appointment, and hours later deciphered why: Mettle has an undertone of ruthlessness.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2456090].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

I have only been seeing Dr. Mettle over the past year. He has been very helpful and knowledgeable, and shows care and concern for maintaining the health of his patients over the long term. And he takes the time to make sure the patient understands the nature of his illness, and the nuances of treatment, with a full explanation of any drug therapies. This is a major departure from other doctors I have had, some of whom are literally gazing at their watches repeatedly, while trying to hurry you out of the examining room...after all MONEY is more important to them than the health of their patients. So, if he is late for our appointments, OK, because, he isn't just lounging around...he is probably taking the time to explain everything to his previous patient, and he will probably do the same with me, so that he is late for his next patient. GOOD FOR HIM! ..as he ignores those not-so-subtle knocks on the door by the clinic's staff who are more interested in revenue than in health care!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1881408].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2012

I have been to this doctor twice and twice he was rude, condescending, extremely late, and left abruptly. The first time he tried to tell me that the condition I've lived with for 10 years was something else entirely and wouldn't listen when I told him otherwise. I vowed never to go back after the last time, 4 weeks after the birth of my son(and my appointment was NOT baby related whatsoever), when upon leaving he smiled and told me to "make sure I don't gain too much weight." Baby or no baby, it was extremely inappropriate and offensive.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1881405].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2011

Dr. Mettle listens more than he talks. I found that each time I've gone back to visit him, it seems like he understands my physical conditions better. He doesn't rush to conclusions but he does put forth mental effort and strive to help you. He is often blunt, but hey...Doctors get lied to a lot and I think he's just trying to keep it real. People often down-play their bad habits (smoking, bad diet etc).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1881404].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 19, 2011

I will NEVER see this doctor again. When I first moved to Saskatoon I starting going to him as he was also taking Walk-ins. First he told me I didn't have something that I was diagnosed with by my old doctor in B.C. Stopped treatment of it and it has gotten worse.(I have been since re-diagnosed with the condition by my new doctor). He was VERY insensitive when I told him about my past and being sexually abused. His thoughts were: " it is normal and men have animal instincts" and that I should just not worry about it. That did NOT fly with me. Also, he made a comment to me while I was walking back to the waiting room and others could easily hear which was "try not to eat too much". Also I went for a PAP and was the last appointment of the day and waited over an hour after they were closed in the little room while listening to him chit chat with a nurse and then he was rude and rough during the exam. He makes my skin crawl.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1881403].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2010

Dr Mettle has bend my doctor for many years he is very helfull and takes his time and is very knowledgeable and care about my health and concerns keep up the good work

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1881402].votes_count ]]