Rate Dr. Claudia Ravins

Dr. Claudia Ravins's Ratings

Great doctor, very committed to her job. Thank you for all you did for me and my baby.

Submitted July 2, 2013 | flag

Dr. Claudia is the best gynecologist that I know, very friendly and she has a lot of knowledge in this branch. For me it is the number one gynecologist. Love her.

Submitted June 6, 2013 | flag

Dr. Ravins is knowledgeable but her attitude towards patients is very rude. She has several locations where she practices. I went to the one in Jackson Heights, NY and wanted to switch to the one in Forest Hills and the staff were making it ridiculously difficult for me and refusing to change or make an appointment. Finally when I was able to see her due to my work/school schedule, she seems so tired and bored, as if she hated her job and wasn't very friendly either. I am currently still searching for a new Gynecologist :( Will never go back to her.

Submitted May 5, 2013 | flag

Dr. Claudia Ravins is very knowledgable and up to date on everything about PCOS. I got pregnant twice thanks to her, even though many told me that it would be nearly impossible because of PCOS me being overweight. But I would not go to her husband Dr. Steven Ravins, he is fake and he didn't treat my pregnancy loss very well.

Submitted April 7, 2011 | flag

These are the best and hardest working doctors I know. I should know since I am also a healthcare professional . I went through 3 miscarriages and two live births. I was a very high risk patient. My last child was especially difficult. I was in the middle treating patients when I started hemorrhaging. I was in manhattan and called them she saw me as soon as I drove in. If it were any other doctor I would not gone to full term. She saw me once or twice a week. There is a long wait but a doctor who has this amount of patients also a vast amount of knowledge. Your ability to deal with different complications increases when you have experienced a large amount of patients. In regards to induction, it has been shown that there is a decrease in complications verses non-induced births. I actually asked to be induced with the second child because of all of my complications. This husband and wife team are the best. Nothing is perfect in this world but they are pretty close.

Submitted March 1, 2011 | flag

[17:48:25] KOTENOK: I went in for a routine check and a pap smear. They submitted my information to wrong insurance, after 5 months of fighting my correct insurance paid the bill and I paid a deductible. 2 months later I recieve a bill from a laboratory that processed pap smear (which doctor never told me he send to a laboratory). The bill is for 370 dollars and I am now fighting with laboratory and bill collectors to deal with it. If you go to this doctor for a routine procedure, be ready to get your credit history screwed up because of their incompetence even if you have very good insurance. I would rather go to a street doctor than deal with the this issue for over 9 months. do not go here unless you like dealing with bill collectors.

Submitted Nov. 5, 2010 | flag

I would not recommend Dr Steve Ravins to anyone. When I was 36 weeks pregnant one of his colleagues tried to induce me into labor by sweeping my cervix. When that didn't work, they decided to induce me into labor at 37 weeks in the hospital using cytotec. That didn't work either so they decided to break my water and give me pitosin. The whole time I kept asking them why I had to go into labor early and their excuse was that my baby was big. To everyone's surprise when the baby was born he weighted less than 7 pounds!

Submitted Aug. 11, 2009 | flag

The Ravins treat their office like a well oiled assembly line of dollar signs. This is the way they view their patients; they overbook, make pregnant woman wait hours and then provide the least support possible. If you have no care for your newborn's life than go to them. Otherwise do research and find someone that is professional and human. Don't let the fact that Claudia has a high position within the Forest Hills LIJ hospital fool you. Steven may seem friendly and caring but his actions will show you otherwise. This is based on my experience and I hope that others don't go through the same thing I experienced.

Submitted Feb. 13, 2009 | flag

Dr. Claudia Ravins is very knowledgeable in her field and an expert surgeon. She is matter-of-fact and very helpful One feels comfortable and safe with her. This is a group practice, so very often you may be attended by other staff, rather than the doctor herself. And getting an appointment with her is very difficult. The reception staff at her clinic are not the best. They are not informative or polite and you can end up getting a run around.

Submitted Feb. 6, 2009 | flag

I have been seeing both Doctors, Claudia and Steven and they are the best. When I had my first child in 2001, both doctors were at my delivery and I felt very lucky that they were both able to deliver my first child. At times the wait was long, but if you want good service, sometimes you have to wait. The assistants were always great and the staff is helpful and pleasant. I would recommend anyone to their office.

Submitted Dec. 17, 2008 | flag