Dr. James M. Hurst

Grad. Year: 1985

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 11/08/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 4 reviews. Dr. James M. Hurst has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Podiatrist-related: foot problems, foot surgery, podiatry
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 4843302

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.0  Respond
RID: 3651920
09/01/14 2 2 2 2 I was in for a stress fracture. After 4 weeks, he told me I was healed and not to wear the boot. 2 weeks later, after an mri, I had to go back in the boot. At that time, his office person told me they would get me a bone stimulator. 9 days later, I called and they told me they forgot about the bone stim. Doc took me out of boot 2 - 4 weeks 2 soon and his orthotics caused my fracture. 1 month after mentioning bone stim, I still don't have it. Very angry and frustrated.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 2646185
11/05/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Hurst is terrific. He has helped me with a series of foot and ankle injuries. He answers all of my questions, never feels rushed, and has made a HUGE positive impact on my overall health and pain level.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1342877
21/01/11 5 4 4 5 The only reason I haven't given all 5's is because I'm still in the process of curing a very painful neuroma in my foot & because no doctors ever see a 3:00 appointment at exactly 3:00 (punctuality). cortisone injections & temporary orthotic devices he made didn't work but seem to be a standard first step to curing this problem. he has his own x-ray and ultrasound which were helpful in giving me a definite diagnosis, and i feel confident that the right steps are being taken to fix my problem now (shots to kill the nerve rather than surgery - will write again if results are not as expected), and the appropriate steps have been taken to get to this point. He was understanding of my pain and prescribed medication which has been helpful. staff also is very very friendly & helpful, both over the phone and in person.
Insurance: United Healthcare