Rate Dr. Barry Lycka

Dr. Barry Lycka's Ratings

I had smart lipo done on my abdomen and sides and really pleased with the results. After the procedure I had a lot of swelling and it took 6 months to see the difference. I look and feel amazing. The scars have healed nicely and are not noticeable at all.

Submitted Sept. 18, 2014 | flag

Dr.Lyckas staff are excellent. The only problem I have is he makes people wait a long time. I understand when problems arise, but every time I am in his office, he is terrible at keeping an appointment on time. I have recently been looking for a Dr. Who is more punctual since I have kids and work and can't afford to always wait an hour past my appointment time. Otherwise great staff and the front reception is astronomical !

Submitted Sept. 8, 2014 | flag

My experience with Dr. Lycka was highly negative. I would not recommend him. His staff spend a lot of time selling products but don't seem to know much about them. I was not advised that allergic reactions to these products could be severe (anaphylitic shock and possibly death) and ended up returning them. I have not sought the services of a dermatologist since my unhappy experiences with this office but I am sure there must be better dermatologists in Edmonton.

Submitted Sept. 1, 2014 | flag

Exceeded all my expectations. Was made very comfortable with very little pain during and after. Never felt self-conscious or judged by anyone there.

Submitted Aug. 24, 2014 | flag

Everyone is compassionate and friendly in a warm environment. Dr. Lycka is extremely knowledgeable and open to discuss best solutions. Extremely competent. Each visit, I feel that I am in the best hands and receive top notch care.

Submitted Aug. 18, 2014 | flag

My most recent experience with Dr. Barry Lycka as with all of my experiences with Dr. Lycka was amazing. Dr. Lycka and Tina have worked the past year to correct the damage to the skin on my chest done by another doctor's "laser treatment". I had significant scarring and loss of pigmentation. Dr. Lycka offered me hope and delivered on it. He was as always tactful about my previous bad experience reminding me to look ahead at the positive. Well, I am experiencing a most positive outcome! Dr. Lycka hasn't given up on me yet and continues to offer state of the art treatment for improvement. I'm so am truly grateful to Dr. Lycka and his staff.

Submitted Aug. 11, 2014 | flag

The office atmosphere is extremely comfortable. You feel like you are in safe, knowledgeable hands. Some pain during the procedure and discomfort following, but nowhere near unbearable. Well worth it! Very pleased with the results of my liposuction so far

Submitted May 20, 2014 | flag

This office is horrible! Not only the admin staff, but the doctor. I had asked many times for more information on my procedure before booking and they would not help at all. Finally to find out info on the procedure I wanted done i had to see the doctor and pay a consult fee! Buyer beware!!!! Horrible staff, unskilled doctor!

Submitted May 14, 2014 | flag

I saw Dr. Lycka for botox injections. His assistant was 35 minutes late bringing me into a treatment room (from the waiting room), then Dr. Lycka was an additional 20 minutes later after that. At the initial appointment, he was fairly attentive, but rough with the injections. I've had them before with other Drs, and it didn't hurt as much. The second time I went, it was 30 min before I went into the treatment room and he was a further 10 minutes late. Then Dr. Lycka spent about 2 minutes in the room with me - I felt like I was in an assembly line. Two weeks later, the injections had not given me the effect I wanted, so I made a follow-up appointment to touch it up. That is supposed to be the benefit of paying a premium price for botox. At my follow-up appointment, I was left waiting for 50 minutes and still had not been called in when I got fed up and left. I have not had a courtesy call from the clinic either. POOR SERVICE, POOR TREATMENT QUALITY, EXPENSIVE. GO ELSEWHERE.

Submitted March 24, 2014

Went for a consult and could not leave the office fast enough after the consult. First off while waiting in the office, you hear the receptionist consistently phoning people harassing them for payment (strike one). Then before seeing the doc you have another staff member trying to sell you procedures that you are not there for (strike two). Then Dr Lycka shows up and makes statements like, "exercise does not effect fat". Say what?!? (strike three, yerrrr outta here). He is more expensive than other doctors and has questionable ethics.

Submitted March 21, 2014 | flag