You may also like

Rate Dr. Barry Lycka

Dr. Barry Lycka's Ratings

I noticed an improvement on my skin within three weeks of using the cream that Dr Lycka prescribed for me. It made a significant difference on my face and body.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2847476].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

The coolsculpting on my arms, legs and muffin top has been very successful. I am definitely able to see a difference. The staff at Dr Lycka’s office is very nice and helpful and able to answer any questions that I ask.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2831181].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

Dr. Lycka gives hope. I’ve sought treatment over the past two years for severe scarring on my chest due to a bad laser treatment from another doctor. My specific experience has been that Dr Lycka will use all of the latest procedures. It is always ever changing as he’s always on the leading edge of technology and won’t give up. My results are amazing with more improvement to come

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2827902].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

All the staff is kind and efficient in their roles. They provide expert explanation of the procedures prior to the work being done. Words cannot express my gratitude for all of the kindness and understanding shown towards my particular situation. I greatly appreciate all that Dr. Lycka and his staff have done for me and I would recommend Dr. Lycka to anyone in a heartbeat.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2817563].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

Front staff are rude, i think a doctor who is supposed to be respected could change their attitudes and they could smile. As I waited for my appointment, a big group of them were waiting around talking and laughing. NOT PROFESSIONAL AT ALL.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2811999].votes_count ]]

Submitted May 19, 2015

The first time I went to Dr. Lyka was in 1997 for laser resurfacing. It was the worst experience of my life. Painful and didn't really heal very well. My skin was nicer eventually, maybe after a couple of years , less scars, but I would never do that again. The staff was great then and Dr. Lyka seemed ok. I got the feeling then that he spent as little time with you as possible as he was busy. It is 18 years later and I know things have changed a lot since then, so I took a chance and decided to go back to Dr. Lyka for thermage and ulthera. I figured he has been in business this long, he should be the best. I was so excited to get the procedure done and the staff were all great. They gave me a gift bag and really as they should, because they charge $80 just for a consultation, which I think is ridiculous... Anyway, I decided to go ahead with the procedure which cost $3000. Money that I shouldn't have spent on this, but I did because I wanted to feel younger and look better... The girl who did the procedure was really nice and very professional. They said you wouldn't notice much of a difference for 3 months. I did notice a difference right away. it was very slight but nicer. I was excited for it to get better and better, however, by the third month it was barely noticeable. I was so disapointed and I went back in for a check up. I waited forever to see him and when he saw it, he said oh it is a bit better, but if you want more results you should get surgery on your eyes and also come back in for injections to your cheekbones, we have a deal on right now and its cheaper because my daughter is doing it ... I instantly felt really angry about this and truly regretful and now he is trying to talk me into getting thousands more dollars worth of work done. Are you kidding me... So, I just left with my tail between my legs and felt so defeated... I sent an email to him explaining how I was a bit disappointed for the cost of $3000, I had expected a lot more and explained that I blew my budget for the whole year on this... I had asked if they could redo it and see if that helped... I received a letter in the mail saying ,"I cannot do as you request. Medicine isn't an exact science. I am sending you a copy of your consent form that says you understand the risks. I highlighted the area where it says that you did know that it does sometimes take multiple treatments and the results are inexact." Wow, I thought I was pissed off before and now I am so mad, that I am going to share this lovely letter with everyone. What a waste of my money, I get that results are all different with people, but for $3000 I expect some kind of result!!!! Will never, ever go there again!! Should have learned the first time I went to him. I agree with some of the other comments... It seems like it's all about the money with his take it or leave it attitude and his time is just to precious to care.. He has a cocky, know it all attitude and I guess he should, he has been around a long time and is a pro at what he does. I am sure there are much better Dermatologists out there and more caring ones.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2807068].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

I went in to have a growth removed on my upper arm. Front staff efficient but not at all friendly. Nurses in the room were lovely. However when Dr. Lycra came in he circled the spot and wanted a biopsy. No problem to this point. He's a busy man. However after the freezing and removal I asked if he knew what the growth was and he said, "no I didn't bring in my crystal ball today," and left the room. I left with no idea of what was happening and without the information from the nurse would have been left in the dark. He was mannerless and obviously unconcerned about "my" concerns. If I need further treatment I will find another doctor.

Was this rating useful? 7 [[ userState['ratings'][2797580].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

Worst experience ever was there do day, and the front desk staff are incredibly rude, told me just to sit, they knew my name, the dr. Would see me soon, while I waited I had to listen to the staff talk about using that native card, to get her money while they laughed about using race for everything , and her response sh*t I use that native card for everything. Very disappointing to have a good dr and petty uneducated staff

Was this rating useful? 8 [[ userState['ratings'][2784565].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

The staff couldn't spell or pronounce my name. I was asked if the female nurse could attend I said no because this was to be a consult only. I was there to get a wart of my junk. Then the nurses hung around out side the door giggling about "no girls allowed". The doctor wanted to preform the procedure right away when I was there for a consult only. He then told me that it would take a week to heal up. I told him I would have to wait until I could take the time off from work. He said ok and to call with two weeks notice. When I call the staff was rude and not cooperative. It took another 3 weeks to get the appointment after I made time off work. I arrived 15 minutes early and spent another 45 minutes waiting in the waiting room. Then another 20 minutes in the laser room before he started the procedure. When the procedure started it changed from Liquide nitrogen treatment to laser treatment.
At no time did he discuss this with me and tried to make me sign forms indicating that he did. When he explained the procedure he said there would be some freezing/numbing before the laser. He didn't say anything about needles, I have a fear of needles. They put me in the chair and blindfolded me before sticking me with a needle. I flinched twice and he got mad and angry at me. He stormed out of the room telling the nurse to refer me to someone else.
If he had done his job and did a proper consult, I would not have wasted 3 months waiting. I will never go back.

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2783114].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

Dr. Lycka is truly one of the best. I’ve had numerous non-invasive procedures and have been using Dr. Lycka’s skin products since my mid 30’s. I am now 44 with a youthful and natural appearance. I’d had a procedure with another doctor and it nearly ruined my face! Thanks to Dr. Lycka, he corrected the damage and I learned to just stick with the best. He is not only the most competent and skilled at enhancement procedures, but he is also honest and cares. Dr. Lycka also surprised me by correcting damage done to my face caused by an abusive partner. I was prepared to pay but he told me that he does not charge people when their appearance has been damaged by domestic violence.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2777699].votes_count ]]