Rate Dr. Julie K. McCammon

Dr. Julie K. McCammon's Ratings

I have seen her a total of 2 times in 3 months after moving back here after college. Mu old GYN told my my very fist PAP was abnormal but not worry because of my age it was normal and they would retest next year, they did and everything was fine. I went to Dr.McCammon who immediately went on full red alert. She gave me a routine exam and had me do an ultrasound and blood work (neither which she does in the office unless your pregnant and even then she asks them to go to the hospital sometimes)I got a call 3 weeks later saying the ultrasound was fine but my blood work showed possible infection somewhere in my body so she put me on 2 antibiotics one which strongly warns you not to take it unless you know exactly whats wrong and it has shown cancer in rats that have used it. I was told to eat with both pills but one told me use without food, They made me sick and I missed a lot of doses. At my check up she told me I needed a new blood test and did another exam now i need a Colposcopy...

Submitted Aug. 7, 2013 | flag

I chose Dr. McCammon as my OB for my first pregnancy and will be using her for the rest. She is incredibly intelligent and I think her bedside manner is fanastic. She did everything possible for me during my pregnancy and was incredibly kind. I had to have a c-section, and before the surgery she came in and held me hand, reassuring me that everything would be fine. I have never been comforted by a doctor like I was by her. I recommed her to everyone I know that needs an OB/GYN

Submitted July 29, 2013 | flag

Surgery to remove fribroid on uterus...great incision...straight and barely noticeable scar!! This is the only positive thing I have to say. All staff is rude and snotty and act like they hate their job!!! Wait can be an hour but dr king is 2-3 hour wait so I can do an hour wait. No one explained why I had to have this surgery before I got pregnant...they didn't care that my husband was going through chemo and we might not be able to wait. Great work but no personable or considerate attention...if u don't mind the wait and want to stay in clarksburg area go to dr king.

Submitted Jan. 12, 2013 | flag

Dr. McCammon was to complete a Hysteroscopy and dilation and curettage procedure in December. She was unable to finish the procedure due to perforating my uterus. When I woke up from recovery I would have liked for her to have came and talked to me. To explain what happened. My husband said she did come and talked to him and he was confused. He said she was brusque with him. When I asked the nurse to explain what he was trying to tell me she looked at my chart for the notes from the surgery and said the doctor must have them. She acted like she was not aware of the failed procedure. I called the doctor the next day and the nurse finally told me the doctor had punctured my uterus and was not able to complete the procedure. I feel the doctor, either at the hospital or by phone, should have talked to me personality about this coinsurance. It shows a true lack of empathy on her part. A perforation occurs in only !% of all procedures according to the Mayo Clinic online website.

Submitted Jan. 1, 2013 | flag

Dr. McCammon is most kind, gentle, and knowledgeable. She is on time, unless she has to deliver a baby. She ordered several tests and, due to my age, also recommended a cardiologist to have a stress test done. I was nervous when I had to have a D&C to determine some issues. I was gratefully surprised, when just before the anesthesia was administered, Dr. McCammon (in her mask and gown) had come in to hold my hand. I had never had a doctor to reassure me like that before. Matters were taken care of during surgery and now I am pain free. I highly recommend Dr. McCammon.

Submitted Aug. 16, 2012 | flag

Dr.McCammon is a nut case, end of story. I am 27 weeks and now have to switch doctors. You have to wait weeks for test results if you ever even get them. I have seen her a total of 2 times since I have started seeing her at 8 weeks! She is never there, she always has an excuse whether it be her back or some other "problem" she is having. She doesn't explain anything and for me being a first time mother that is very important to me. Her beside manner is terrible and she is not very gentle with you at all. I would never recommend her to anyone.

Submitted Nov. 3, 2011 | flag

I had to switch doctors because of a long distance move and chose Dr. McCammon. She has delivered 3 of my children, and I'm very happy with her. She's always helpful and informative. I've talked my friends into going to her as well, and they have never had an issue as well! I highly recommend her.

Submitted April 6, 2011 | flag

this doctor done a hysterectomy on my mother and she has since been having issues that we do not at all consider normal and they have been telling us it was. well they finally done a biopsy and we have now been waiting two weeks for results that the recptionists told us they have but we have never received a call from the doctor telling us what they are (very stressful). apparently they have never been on this side of this kind of ordeal, having to wait and wonder if my mother may or may not have cancer. i am very upset that we have told them for months that something was wrong and they continued to tell us it was normal until now, and that they have taken action and done the biopsy we cant seem to get the results from them. the receptionists are very rude and act as if they dont want to be bothered with anything and will get to you when its convenient for them. they dont seem to care that people worry and they are there to help not be rude!!!! dr. seems ok but front people are rude.

Submitted March 29, 2011 | flag

I saw her while I was pregnant. She did a cervical biopsy on me, which I considered to be risky. Then, when my pregnancy was switched to high risk, she never notified me that I was no longer to be seeing her and instead to be going strictly to Morgantown. I went to my appointment, sat in the waiting for almost 2 hours, only for a nurse to call me back into a room and tell me that I was no longer her patient. So, I had to leave.

Submitted March 3, 2010 | flag