Rate Dr. Shannon Stobie

Dr. Shannon Stobie's Ratings

I have had only one encounter with this doctor when my own doctor was off. Dr. Stobie was rude, judgemental, and uncaring. She did not listen. She was very unprofessional. I let in tears! I hope I do not ever have to see her again!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1883441].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2013

I agree with a lot of the comments. I always feel rushed whenever I meet with her. Same comment from my wife. She won't deal with more than one issue in a single visit. She's rudely dismissive if you bring up information you saw on the web. I understand that she may know better as a doctor but there's a polite way to deal with that situation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1883440].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2013

Dr. Stobie has been my family doctor for 11 years. She is the best doctor I or my husband have ever had. Very professional and thorough and caring. She makes sure to refer patients to the best specialists, at times outside of the immediate region. She is also very good with children.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1883439].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2013

Dr. stobie is extremely rude, unprofessional(in the way she speaks), and uncaring. she is not at all empthetic. The only thing she is good at is seeing you on time, other than that she has very limited knowledge, she gets offended if you ask her details, she doesn't allow you to discuss more than one problem at a time and makes you feel very uncomfortable for asking questions or questioning her decisions. I would not recomend her to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1883442].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2013

The comments given reflect my experience with Dr. Stobie: kind of a "Dr. Jekyll and Ms. Hyde" scenario. I will say that she has been very helpful in getting to the root of my issues, but mostly because I have increasingly learned to be my own advocate. She can be dismissive and condescending, but she is also extremely punctual and reliable, and excellent at giving referrals when she feels that the problem is out of her area. I have seen her bedside manner move from atrocious to benign over the past 5 or so years, which is positive. I think she is trying to be more compassionate and understanding, and although she seems to have to work for it, I do appreciate the effort because I think she realizes that she can come off really gruff. I do wish that she would approach the whole body as interconnected rather than vehemently and pointedly refuse to talk about more than one complaint at a time. If she were to do so, it would benefit both the patient and her practice, pedagogy, and approach.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1883438].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 20, 2013

Very caring and knowledgeable; Acts fast and doesn't waste time - both during examination and for getting a referral

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1883437].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 28, 2012

I have been with Dr Stobie for the last 10 years and will be actively looking for a new doctor whom I feel will take the health of my family more seriously then the amount of time left in the 'scheduled' appointment. My last visit with her was beyond unprofessional and I have seen her dedication to the well being of her patients deteriorate dramatically over the last 5 years. I find Dr. Stobie to be very short to point of being rude when discussing the circumstance for the visit and absolutely does not take the time or care to thoroughly check the symptoms before making a educated decision. There are so many other doctors out there that are truly dedicated to their professions and their patients. I want to feel confident that when I leave an appointment I am getting the best care for my family...and this has not been the case with Dr. Stobie for many years. If you are looking for an excellent family doctor...this is not one to consider.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1883436].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 9, 2012

Not willing to listen; and too old school. Lacks empathy and understanding.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1883435].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 27, 2012

Dr. Stobie is polite, easy to talk to, respectful and has always been on time. I trust her opinion and like that she never hesitates to make a referral if necessary.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1883434].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 5, 2011

I feel so fortunate to have Dr. Stobie as my doctor. She is helpful and respectful. She is very proactive and interested in preventative medical treatment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1883433].votes_count ]]