You may also like

Rate Dr. Elham Shamsian

Dr. Elham Shamsian's Ratings

Dr Shamsian has been my family doctor for nearly 14 years. She has been very attentive to my concerns, referred me to the right specialists and help me a lot during my time of depression. I know that her old receptionist was no good but her new one is very helpful. You have to understand that Drs do their best to give everyone their time and hear their concerns but they are human too..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2826429].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

im 17 and I went to Dr Shamsian because I wanted to start on SSRIs for my anxiety and SAD, because counselling didn't help me a lot but when I explained to her just that she says: "I will refer you to a psychologist". ... I honestly just think she listens for the sweet spots in problems. Now I have no idea how to deal with my problems because she dismissed it all as a case of the 'winter blues'. It is the month of April, Dr Shamsian. She is the worst doctor I have ever encountered, not to mention the entire facility that is Bank Medical Centre.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2792988].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

I have had Dr. Shamsian as a family doctor for a long time. She has always takes her time when something is urgent which I truely appreciate. I can tell that she cares and does her best to help. Her current receptionist is very responsive and usually finds an appointment that works.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2732958].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2015

I have had Dr Shamsien for about two years now. So far my experience has been a positive one as she has always been punctual and thorough in the exams. She does not push pills, which I appreciate but does encourage good diet, exercise and rest which are the hallmarks of good health. It has gotten more difficult to get an appt as she now has more patients than when I started. Perhaps due in part to a loss of patients as indicated below.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2627525].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2014

Dr. Shamsian has been an excellent doctor for me and my family. She has diagnosed something that I don't think some other family doctors would have found. She made her case for me to get seen by the right specialist. She is very good with kids. Her office has even gotten me a same day appointment when it was urgent.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1884287].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2014

I was a patient of Dr.Charlatan,I mean Shamsian, years ago when I moved from Toronto to Ottawa. I would go to her and report fatigue, bloating and clumsiness. She would say it is just the stress from the move. Months later I came in for my physical that consisted of blood pressure check, ears nose and throat check via otoscope. I asked her “what about blood work” and she answered “you look fine”, “plus blood work doesn’t show anything”. What?! Months go by and I almost drown in lake when a sudden episode of fatigue comes on after I jump in the water. I went back to this Dr. and she asked me “well what did the blood work show on your physical”? I was shocked and answered “you said I didn’t need blood work because I looked fine and that blood work doesn’t show anything”? She looked at me blankly for a few seconds and said she wants me to get blood work done. Few days later I get a call to come in for me results that showed that my vitamin B12 is almost non-existent.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][1884289].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 7, 2014

I will be looking for a new doctor. I have had enough of the horrible service I get at this clinic. They never EVER pick up their phones, which means you have to leave a message. But if you leave a message after 3PM, they say they will not return your call. Seriously? And their timeline to call you back is 48 hours! AND when I do leave a message they usually do not call back and I have to call them again leaving an angry message. I have honestly had enough. Not to mention that Dr. Shamsian is so quick to dismiss any concern I have. Ex: I had these random white marks on my skin and she is trying to brush them off as a scar or previous mosquito bite. Umm... I think I know what a scar on my skin looks like. I'm obiously not here to discuss a scar from a mosquito bite! Like come on!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1884286].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 19, 2012

She is always late, over booking for appointments are norm. I am changing my family doctor as i can not allocate 3 to 4 hours for a simple visit to my family doctor

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1884285].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2011

I am not at all surprised to see the the unsatisfied ratings for Dr. Shamsian. I find her very derogatory, neglectful and disrespectful. People already feel vulnerable enough in a Dr's office and do not need to feel worse leaving than when they arrived. I felt as though I were a nuisance to her. I have to leave her practice so I can take care of my own health and not rely on someone whom I felt could care any less about me!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1884288].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 16, 2011

Dont go to her, she talks down to you, the staff never answer the phone, so good luck trying to book an appointment, my family has a history of Ruematoid arthritis and i went to her gor joint pain, she told me to loss weight and if my joints still hurt after i lost weight then she could help me then

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1884284].votes_count ]]