Rate Dr. Elham Shamsian

Dr. Elham Shamsian's Ratings

Dr. Shamsian has been an excellent doctor for me and my family. She has diagnosed something that I don't think some other family doctors would have found. She made her case for me to get seen by the right specialist. She is very good with kids. Her office has even gotten me a same day appointment when it was urgent.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1884287].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2014

I was a patient of Dr.Charlatan,I mean Shamsian, years ago when I moved from Toronto to Ottawa. I would go to her and report fatigue, bloating and clumsiness. She would say it is just the stress from the move. Months later I came in for my physical that consisted of blood pressure check, ears nose and throat check via otoscope. I asked her “what about blood work” and she answered “you look fine”, “plus blood work doesn’t show anything”. What?! Months go by and I almost drown in lake when a sudden episode of fatigue comes on after I jump in the water. I went back to this Dr. and she asked me “well what did the blood work show on your physical”? I was shocked and answered “you said I didn’t need blood work because I looked fine and that blood work doesn’t show anything”? She looked at me blankly for a few seconds and said she wants me to get blood work done. Few days later I get a call to come in for me results that showed that my vitamin B12 is almost non-existent.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1884289].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 7, 2014

I will be looking for a new doctor. I have had enough of the horrible service I get at this clinic. They never EVER pick up their phones, which means you have to leave a message. But if you leave a message after 3PM, they say they will not return your call. Seriously? And their timeline to call you back is 48 hours! AND when I do leave a message they usually do not call back and I have to call them again leaving an angry message. I have honestly had enough. Not to mention that Dr. Shamsian is so quick to dismiss any concern I have. Ex: I had these random white marks on my skin and she is trying to brush them off as a scar or previous mosquito bite. Umm... I think I know what a scar on my skin looks like. I'm obiously not here to discuss a scar from a mosquito bite! Like come on!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1884286].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 19, 2012

She is always late, over booking for appointments are norm. I am changing my family doctor as i can not allocate 3 to 4 hours for a simple visit to my family doctor

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1884285].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2011

I am not at all surprised to see the the unsatisfied ratings for Dr. Shamsian. I find her very derogatory, neglectful and disrespectful. People already feel vulnerable enough in a Dr's office and do not need to feel worse leaving than when they arrived. I felt as though I were a nuisance to her. I have to leave her practice so I can take care of my own health and not rely on someone whom I felt could care any less about me!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1884288].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 16, 2011

Dont go to her, she talks down to you, the staff never answer the phone, so good luck trying to book an appointment, my family has a history of Ruematoid arthritis and i went to her gor joint pain, she told me to loss weight and if my joints still hurt after i lost weight then she could help me then

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1884284].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 16, 2010

I was truly shocked by some of the terrible remarks about Dr. Shamsian. I have been a patient for the last 11 years and have always found her to be compassionate, thorough and responsive to my needs. She supported my choice to use a midwife for my pregnancies and does not hesitate to refer to a specialist for any of my concerns. When I came for an appointment in tears following a horrible 5 month miscarriage her immediate response was to wrap her arms around me in comfort. I trust Dr. Shamsian with my family's medical care without hesitation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1884283].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 3, 2009

Thank got I was able to switch doctors. Some time ago I lost a pregnancy that could have been prevented in so many ways (as told by a seconf opinion)if she realy listened to my concerns. Than, at the last visit before my miscarriage, I had so hear she saying, with a smirk on her face: oh, nature will take its course, dear. I left her office sobbing...never more came back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1884282].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 7, 2009

she is the worst Doctor i have ever had. She told me that there are no test that we can check hormonal balance, but i asked other nurses and searched on the internet there are tests, she is just lazy.... she told my mom you are old and i can't do anything for your pain, you are just old. i cant do anything..... good luck getting referals. the worst doctor everrrrrr

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1884281].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 29, 2009

I only saw Dr. Shamsian a few times and have had a bad experience every time. The staff was probably the worst I've seen in a clinic (at least at the time I used to see her), she had to reschedule my appointment 3 times (once I had arrived to the office on time for my appointment and they said the Dr. wasn't going to be in until later so she couldn't make my appointment-I had driven 40 minutes to get there and they couldn't even accommodate me for a later time!), and I've felt rushed by her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1884280].votes_count ]]