Rate Dr. Daryl Jenken

Dr. Daryl Jenken's Ratings

Diagnosed with a fistula that had disrupted normal life for a number of months, by another specialist, I was referred to Dr. Jenkins for surgery. The initial appointment took several more months to schedule in. Once I had the initial appointment and Dr. Jenkins spent a few minutes looking at the information he had confirmed that surgery needed to be scheduled. Meanwhile with my condition changing considerably for the worse...I had attempted to contact Dr. Jenkins office to communicate that change. I found it frustrating that no message could be left to communicate with the office that surgery would be required sooner than later. The phones are answered from 9 AM - noon and again 1 PM -4PM. Monday thru Thursday. after repeated attempts just to connect, circumstances and conditions changed that I ultimately had to follow the instructions on the Dr.'s office voicemail message "to go directly to emergency if you couldn't connect by phone". Once there it was determined that surgery would be required more urgently and the Hospital attempted to connect with Dr. Jenkins office for three days in a row...to no avail. Emergency surgery proceeded by on-call Hospital surgeons. I tried to connect with Dr. Jenkins office (from the hospital) for the 2 weeks after my surgery...just to let them know to take me off of their scheduling for surgery and could never get a connection (remember no voice mails can be left). About two months after my surgery I received a call from his office asking if we could schedule in the surgery in the coming weeks.

Here's a thought....if it is so busy that it is impossible for patients to connect or be connected with...perhaps a referral to another qualified Dr. would be in order. I'm sure Dr. Jenkins in a knowledgeable and skilled surgeon...just not sure that any time has been taken for reviewing how busy or how many patients he should take.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2625267].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2014

Dr. Jenken's knowledge and professionalism is second to none. Having him as my surgeon provided the confidence needed to move forward with such an invasive and life altering surgery. From precare to post follow up he addressed any and all concerns and I am grateful to have been referred to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2530405].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2014

I was referred to Dr Jenken after suffering with what I was told by my old family Dr was hemerroids for 6 years. My new family Dr sent me for a sigmoidoscopy which detected a cancerous tumor in my lower bowel. Not only did Dr Jenken take the time to explain everything to me and my husband, he assured all of us that this was operable and very treatable. Finding this out after losing my brother earlier in the year was almost more than my family could deal with. Dr Jenken took the time to call my mom and husband immediately after the surgery to let them know things had gone well. Toni was amzing through it all. My father was very sceptical at first but Dr Jenken took the time to explain thisngs to him as well. I now have a permanent colostomy and am free of pain. I am back at work and thanks to Dr Jenken I will be here in 25 years to kiss my grandson as I told him I would do at our first meeting. Thank you and god Bless you both.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1885093].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2013

Dr Jenkens is currently treating my mother for cancer and going to perform a colostomy. He has been wonderful so with my mother, and am glad to have him doing her surgery. However his secretary, Tony is quite rude, and has no right to have this tone to people dealing with cancer, it is difficult enough. Only one other small complaint, It is difficult to get a hold of Dr Jenkens as there is no voice message system at his office, if you have concerns or questions about your case or appointments, and since Tony is very difficult to speak with. So all in all, it's the Dr that counts, but he has a pit bull answering his phones (only M-T during 9-11 am).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1885092].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2012

From my experience, Dr Jenken is the most caring colorectal surgeon (in comparison to other colorectal surgeon that I had seen). He came to see me in the morning and he performed my surgery during after hour even though he was not on-call. He is available (over the phone) on weekend and most importantly, he actually did the procedure himself instead of outsourcing it to the surgical resident. I prefer experienced surgeon to work on me instead of someone who is in-training or a newly certified.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1885091].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 3, 2012

Dr Jenkins is an amazing surgeon! And Toni is amazing in the office! Going into his office I was so wound up and scared and he totally calmed all of my fears. He answered all questions, made sure I was aware of how everything would play out and assured me that I would be fine. And he was right....I am now after the surgery just fine! Thank you Dr Jenkin!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1885090].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2012

Dr Jenken is amazing. He recently operated on my mother. For us this was a procedure that we knew nothing about and I can honeastly say we all were really nervous ehading into it. Dr Jenken made each of us, especially my mom feel at ease regarding the surgery. His care for her before, during and after was outstanding and with his help before we knew it she was back to normal. He was very knowledgeable and was able and willing to answer all of the questions we had. He is phenominal and I wouldnt recommend anyone else.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1885089].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 15, 2012

Dr Jenken operated on my wife recently to remove her colon. The surgery went extremely well and his thorough follow up care during her hospital stay was very much appreciated. Although he is a very busy man, he still made time to answer all our questions and to explain what lay ahead for us. Calgary is very lucky to have such a great surgeon in their city. Thank you Dr Jenken!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1885088].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 14, 2011

Saved my life (I mean this - saved my life!) Was caring (but blunt honest) and I needed honesty. I often give thanks that Dr. Jenken (and his office assistant Toni) were there. They got me through a very difficult time and I am alive to talk about it. Very knowledgeable and skilled and he has made the choice to share this skill with those of us who need it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1885087].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2011

i'm not comfortable to have my medical check up with male doctors... but with dr jenkins i feel very secured and safe, im very thankful to him that im worry free from my operation... God Bless Dr. Jenkin...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1885086].votes_count ]]