Rate Dr. Daryl Jenken

Dr. Daryl Jenken's Ratings

Dr. Jenken's knowledge and professionalism is second to none. Having him as my surgeon provided the confidence needed to move forward with such an invasive and life altering surgery. From precare to post follow up he addressed any and all concerns and I am grateful to have been referred to him.

Submitted Sept. 9, 2014 | flag

I was referred to Dr Jenken after suffering with what I was told by my old family Dr was hemerroids for 6 years. My new family Dr sent me for a sigmoidoscopy which detected a cancerous tumor in my lower bowel. Not only did Dr Jenken take the time to explain everything to me and my husband, he assured all of us that this was operable and very treatable. Finding this out after losing my brother earlier in the year was almost more than my family could deal with. Dr Jenken took the time to call my mom and husband immediately after the surgery to let them know things had gone well. Toni was amzing through it all. My father was very sceptical at first but Dr Jenken took the time to explain thisngs to him as well. I now have a permanent colostomy and am free of pain. I am back at work and thanks to Dr Jenken I will be here in 25 years to kiss my grandson as I told him I would do at our first meeting. Thank you and god Bless you both.

Submitted Jan. 21, 2013 | flag

Dr Jenkens is currently treating my mother for cancer and going to perform a colostomy. He has been wonderful so with my mother, and am glad to have him doing her surgery. However his secretary, Tony is quite rude, and has no right to have this tone to people dealing with cancer, it is difficult enough. Only one other small complaint, It is difficult to get a hold of Dr Jenkens as there is no voice message system at his office, if you have concerns or questions about your case or appointments, and since Tony is very difficult to speak with. So all in all, it's the Dr that counts, but he has a pit bull answering his phones (only M-T during 9-11 am).

Submitted Aug. 13, 2012 | flag

From my experience, Dr Jenken is the most caring colorectal surgeon (in comparison to other colorectal surgeon that I had seen). He came to see me in the morning and he performed my surgery during after hour even though he was not on-call. He is available (over the phone) on weekend and most importantly, he actually did the procedure himself instead of outsourcing it to the surgical resident. I prefer experienced surgeon to work on me instead of someone who is in-training or a newly certified.

Submitted May 3, 2012 | flag

Dr Jenkins is an amazing surgeon! And Toni is amazing in the office! Going into his office I was so wound up and scared and he totally calmed all of my fears. He answered all questions, made sure I was aware of how everything would play out and assured me that I would be fine. And he was right....I am now after the surgery just fine! Thank you Dr Jenkin!

Submitted April 17, 2012 | flag

Dr Jenken is amazing. He recently operated on my mother. For us this was a procedure that we knew nothing about and I can honeastly say we all were really nervous ehading into it. Dr Jenken made each of us, especially my mom feel at ease regarding the surgery. His care for her before, during and after was outstanding and with his help before we knew it she was back to normal. He was very knowledgeable and was able and willing to answer all of the questions we had. He is phenominal and I wouldnt recommend anyone else.

Submitted Feb. 15, 2012 | flag

Dr Jenken operated on my wife recently to remove her colon. The surgery went extremely well and his thorough follow up care during her hospital stay was very much appreciated. Although he is a very busy man, he still made time to answer all our questions and to explain what lay ahead for us. Calgary is very lucky to have such a great surgeon in their city. Thank you Dr Jenken!!!!!

Submitted July 14, 2011 | flag

Saved my life (I mean this - saved my life!) Was caring (but blunt honest) and I needed honesty. I often give thanks that Dr. Jenken (and his office assistant Toni) were there. They got me through a very difficult time and I am alive to talk about it. Very knowledgeable and skilled and he has made the choice to share this skill with those of us who need it.

Submitted Feb. 18, 2011 | flag

i'm not comfortable to have my medical check up with male doctors... but with dr jenkins i feel very secured and safe, im very thankful to him that im worry free from my operation... God Bless Dr. Jenkin...

Submitted Nov. 26, 2010 | flag

Dr Jenkin is simply the BEST. My surgery and follow up have been better than I could have imagined. He even called me at home on Christmas eve to explain the pathology report with me. Toni, in his office, is one of the best and most efficient people I have ever met - she makes things "happen" in an amazing way. They make an incredible team ... and I am so lucky to have them as part of my medical team.

Submitted Aug. 12, 2010 | flag