Rate Dr. Paul Adam

Dr. Paul Adam's Ratings

The receptionists are useless - it's difficult to get them on the phone, they lost my referral, they don't give you a reminder call. Dr Adam, once you get to see him, seems to know his stuff and is quite friendly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2746569].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

The amount time it takes to book an appointment is unacceptable. Once you do finally get your appointment you end up waiting there for approx 1.5-2 hours. Dr very unprofessional. Also will not renew script over fax. wants you to come in to collect full ohip payments.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2729644].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2015

Went to see this doctor and was appalled at his tardiness, he does not wash his hands after touching other patients who has other skin disease and touches you. He sees more than one patient simultaneously. His manner is rude and bedside manners for a doctor leaves much to be desired. I was there for a examination, he brought in a medical student and did not ask my permission to have the student be in the room. He examined me and braced himself against me, his body was touching me, there was no reason for his body to touch me except his hands examining the area and it made me very uncomfortable. He then told the student to look at the spot without my consent. The student did the examination and his body did not touch me so it make me wonder!!!!!!! After examination was done, I stood up infron the bed, the dr talked about treatment standing so close to me it made me uncomfortable and uneasy, you can feel his breath on your face. He talked about giving me a needle as part of the treatment and without warning or hesitation he pinch me on my thigh which really hurt and then he said that is how I would feel when I got the needle. I have seen many male doctors and never had this uncomfortable and uneasy feeling when being examined. He pushes himself into you when talking with his breath on your face. He needs training on how to see patient. The staff is quite friendly but this guy different. Be aware !

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2571169].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 9, 2014

Multiple hour waits are not only normal but should be expected for every appointment. Ask your doctor for a referral to a different dermatologist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2560553].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2014

My first appointment with him - one of the best specialists I've seen thus far. Yes hes not the most punctual but that's because he takes time to listen to everything you say, give you his diagnoses, explain the treatment, and asks you lots of questions back to make sure he's understood everything correctly. Recommend!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2493210].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2014

Knows what he's doing, but needs to overhaul his office management. As many reviews (below) note, the wait for an appointment is always over 1 hour. They over-book something awful. Usually 6-10 people ahead. Crazy! He might be good, but there's no excuse for this kind of scheduling.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2492168].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2014

Dr. Paul Adam is not someone I would encourage anyone to see. He goes from room to room like a chicken with his head cut off. He does not stop to wash his hands after touching each patient and his breath is something out of this world. He does not even wear a doctors coat just street clothes. I had to wait in the over crowded office for 2 hours. When I mentioned it to one of the staff - a lady older than my grandmother I was told to complain to the dr. I wont be back there - my advice find a professional derm. to see. Dr. Adam is not one.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1886160].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2013

I visited this morning, and yes, had to wait 2 hours and 20 minutes, but I brought a book after reading previous reviews. Dr. Adam was extremely knowledgeable, and took the time to examine me, explain the diagnosis, and provide me with written literature so I would fully understand and remember what he told me. He never stopped the whole time I was there, running between the three patient rooms. There were over 25 people there when I arrived and everyone was very patient. I thought the staff did a great job, were very cordial and helpful. So, I'd go back... but luckily, he said I don't need to. :-)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1886159].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2013

It is over six months I am seeing him. In general I have to say that he is really rude. First of all, he doesn't care about patients' time. I went to him four times and every time I had to wait at least for one hour and half. That is while I had booked the appointments in a way to be the first patient that he would see. Second, he does not spend more that two minutes on his patients, doesn't really look at the skin condition nor listens to what the patient says. Also his way of talking to the patients is like they owe him. Third and worst than all, his diagnosis was wrong for me. He prescribed me antibiotics for a long time and every time without recording my skin condition. every time I met him afterward, he just told me that it looked better. I myself have kept the photos of my skin from the first day and there has been no improvement. I wonder how he remembers the skin he has seen 2-3 months ago to judge about the effect of the drug. In general, my advice is avoid him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1886158].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 1, 2012

After visiting 10 dermatologists my path finally crossed with Dr. Adam and he was the only one who diagnosed my rare skin disorder by sight and then comfirmed it with tests. He is caring, and helpful and has provided not only physical relief but mental relief as well. Althogh it is true that he is always overbooked and I always have to wait at least an hour, he is well worth the wait and I highly recommend him. There is a reason why he is so busy people!! BTW - don't take your frustration out on the secretaries, its not their fault.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1886157].votes_count ]]