Rate Dr. Paul Adam

Dr. Paul Adam's Ratings

My first appointment with him - one of the best specialists I've seen thus far. Yes hes not the most punctual but that's because he takes time to listen to everything you say, give you his diagnoses, explain the treatment, and asks you lots of questions back to make sure he's understood everything correctly. Recommend!

Submitted Aug. 12, 2014 | flag

Knows what he's doing, but needs to overhaul his office management. As many reviews (below) note, the wait for an appointment is always over 1 hour. They over-book something awful. Usually 6-10 people ahead. Crazy! He might be good, but there's no excuse for this kind of scheduling.

Submitted Aug. 11, 2014 | flag

Dr. Paul Adam is not someone I would encourage anyone to see. He goes from room to room like a chicken with his head cut off. He does not stop to wash his hands after touching each patient and his breath is something out of this world. He does not even wear a doctors coat just street clothes. I had to wait in the over crowded office for 2 hours. When I mentioned it to one of the staff - a lady older than my grandmother I was told to complain to the dr. I wont be back there - my advice find a professional derm. to see. Dr. Adam is not one.

Submitted April 24, 2013 | flag

I visited this morning, and yes, had to wait 2 hours and 20 minutes, but I brought a book after reading previous reviews. Dr. Adam was extremely knowledgeable, and took the time to examine me, explain the diagnosis, and provide me with written literature so I would fully understand and remember what he told me. He never stopped the whole time I was there, running between the three patient rooms. There were over 25 people there when I arrived and everyone was very patient. I thought the staff did a great job, were very cordial and helpful. So, I'd go back... but luckily, he said I don't need to. :-)

Submitted Jan. 2, 2013 | flag

It is over six months I am seeing him. In general I have to say that he is really rude. First of all, he doesn't care about patients' time. I went to him four times and every time I had to wait at least for one hour and half. That is while I had booked the appointments in a way to be the first patient that he would see. Second, he does not spend more that two minutes on his patients, doesn't really look at the skin condition nor listens to what the patient says. Also his way of talking to the patients is like they owe him. Third and worst than all, his diagnosis was wrong for me. He prescribed me antibiotics for a long time and every time without recording my skin condition. every time I met him afterward, he just told me that it looked better. I myself have kept the photos of my skin from the first day and there has been no improvement. I wonder how he remembers the skin he has seen 2-3 months ago to judge about the effect of the drug. In general, my advice is avoid him.

Submitted June 1, 2012 | flag

After visiting 10 dermatologists my path finally crossed with Dr. Adam and he was the only one who diagnosed my rare skin disorder by sight and then comfirmed it with tests. He is caring, and helpful and has provided not only physical relief but mental relief as well. Althogh it is true that he is always overbooked and I always have to wait at least an hour, he is well worth the wait and I highly recommend him. There is a reason why he is so busy people!! BTW - don't take your frustration out on the secretaries, its not their fault.

Submitted Sept. 20, 2011 | flag

DO NOT GO HERE. GO TO WALK-IN CLINIC NEARBY ON *BAYVIEW/EGLINTON*!!!! DOCTOR WAS RUDE IMMEDIATELY, CONDESCENDING ALMOST YELLING, + NOT PUNCTUAL...TOTAL APPOINTMENT TIME: 5 MINS!!!! missed work due to major cramping + bloating + saw her clinic while walking in my neighbourhood and booked an appointment for later that evening. i ended up waiting over 30 minutes for her and overheard her requesting her staff order custom made clothes for her from a tailor, which wasn't even the problem. as soon as she stepped in she was rude: NO hello, DIDN'T LISTEN, made assumptions that i should know what to eat as a sick person because i'm asian (she told me to make congee and that i should know how or that i SHOULD ask my mother!!!!). when i re-confirmed informed infor about a couple of things she BIT MY HEAD OFF, didn't listen to me and kept answering something else. i was so upset by this point i told her that she didn't answer my question! after appoint, i called to complain, but they were closed.

Submitted Aug. 31, 2011 | flag

Yes, I waited an hour past my appointment time to see him which is irritating but I have no complaints about the treatment I received. Went to have a suspicious mark checked out and Dr. Adam diagnosed what it was immediately and, rather than push me out the door, spent the time to explain exactly what it was (even drawing me a diagram) and what they think causes it. He did so with friendliness and humour which I certainly appreciated. Would not hesitate to see him again. I am guessing that the long waits are a result of the fact that he takes the time necessary to properly treat his patients rather than rush through appointments.

Submitted Aug. 24, 2011 | flag

The reason why I rated knowledge so low is because this. I came to the office 3 years ago and had a shower that and the Dr Paul said I was to not shower 2-3 days before the appointment. So the test result turns out inaccurate, though I offer to come back another time but was said it's ok. 3 or more months after I asked if another test is needed and I was told it's not necessary and this skin condition of my is bothering me for 13 years or even killing me. It's my dumb fault for not seeking constant help and ignoring the problem. I'll come back to Dr P again soon and this time I'll not shower for a week! The test results will show problems this time, the sooner the better and once I get treated I'll come back and tell the good new. I'm not complain about the doctor knowledge it's my fault.

Submitted Aug. 14, 2011 | flag

Dr. Paul Adam is a fantastic doctor. Social, knowledgable, takes the time to listen and is thorough with his checks and knowledgeable with his work. His staff is extremely friendly, compassionate and understanding. I have been to a lot of poor doctors in my day and this certainly isn't one of them. I highly recommend Dr. Paul Adam's practice. Both staff and doctor are doing a GREAT job.

Submitted May 2, 2011 | flag