Rate Dr. James Bergman

Dr. James Bergman's Ratings

been going for three months to him. I have on going back issues and now just recently injured it more. I have explained to him that i can not stop working or food doesnt get on the table, and I can barely walk so i need something for the pain. He looked at me as if I was one of the dirt bags hanging around at the skytrain and told me to go to the ER, hes not giving me OXY. I didnt even mention a specific drug.I said im in pain and can not stop working. after that I was a junkie. I also take anxiety meds and need to have the doses upped. First off he did know who prescribed me the original meds( he did, hes the only dr i have seen in 11 years) How can dr bergman not see the when hes looking right at a computer screen? then before leaving with no solution to anything again, i had to remind him what about the anxiety meds? He prescribed the exact doses as before. I walked like a cripple out of the office. I wont be returning, and the 3 people i referred wont be either......

Submitted June 14, 2014 | flag

Dr. Bergman is fantastic, couldn't ask for better! Helpful, knowledgable and ontime.

Submitted June 20, 2013 | flag

Great with kids and very responsive at questions, even after hours

Submitted May 9, 2013 | flag

I have to agree with the wait time. If you are seeing Dr. Bergman, make sure you allow for at least 3 hours after arrival time. Trust me, it is worth the wait! He is so great with kids, sooo great. He distracted and put my nervous 4 year old daughter at ease, took the time to ask every question, and answer every question. He did have an intern with him while we were there, but by no means was unattentive. He managed the appointment, and explained things to her, which was only a benefit to me. He diagnosed my daughter's food allergies and gave me a feasible game plan. I find it acceptable that I waited so long, because he spent the time required with us to make us feel like my daughter was truly important. A great doctor!!

Submitted Oct. 23, 2012 | flag

Love this guy! He definitely knows what he's doing. Also, has helped me a tremendous amount. Hope to see him soon!

Submitted June 2, 2012 | flag

we took our 3 year old son to see dr. bergman because his ezcema covered his upper body. altho we already had allergy testing done from our naturopath, we wanted him to look at it.my complaint about dr.bergman is that even tho we showed him the food allergy results, gluten being extremely high, he basically disregarded it. he said ezcema is not usually caused from a food allergy (btw- ezcema is almost always caused from a food allergy) and that it was likely "someting in the air". that is ridiculous. i know he cant make money if we all know this and go straight to a naturopath for testing, but its dis-heartning to know that he's only giving people cream to mask the symptom and not getting to the root of the issue. my son hasnt had gluten for 11 days and his ezcema is almost totally gone.

Submitted March 1, 2012 | flag

He is extremely thorough and answers all your questions. We saw him for my children's eczema and I later requested him for allergies because he was so good. Yes, there is sometimes a wait, but only because he really takes the time to explain things to patients and to answer questions. He is great with kids, too.

Submitted Dec. 5, 2011 | flag

Dr. Bergman was wonderful with my son who has asthma. He takes his time, is very thorough, and genuinely likes kids. I trust his advice.

Submitted Sept. 22, 2011 | flag

Hi staff and excellent and helpful. He gave us good information. I trust his diagnosis.

Submitted Feb. 4, 2011 | flag

I found that although Dr. Bergman is sometimes very busy, he does take the time to sit down and answer questions. He is very good with children and has a nice way with my daughter. Unlike some other doctors I know, I find that he is quite caring and is looking out for my family's best interests.

Submitted Jan. 20, 2010 | flag