Dr. Anoop Nayar

Rate Dr. Anoop Nayar

Dr. Anoop Nayar's Ratings

He has some good qualities, some bad ones. Overall he seems to rely on blood-tests for just about ANYthing, which drives me nuts. As well, he seems to misplace paperwork, seems kinda unorganized. One thing that really REALLY ticks me off is the little guilt-trips he gives when it's time to refill certain prescriptions. If a med works, it works. I can't do anything to change that fact. As well it has to be noted that his receptionist is a real piece of work. I don't know what went wrong in her life, but this woman makes everyone feel like they are SERIOUSLY inconveniencing her even by just checking in. She obviously forgot how to smile years ago, and is such a negative force in that office. So overall I'd rate Dr. Nayer a 5/10 - he's friendly and kind for the most part. If I could rate the reception, I'd give her a -20 (at best!)

Submitted July 23, 2012 | flag

It seems to me that those leaving negative comments are either control-freak or hypochondriacs. Who doesn't get a physical as they age and is at risk. Oh yeah. Dummies.

Submitted Feb. 24, 2011 | flag

I'm surprised at the good comments as well. As a former military medic I find Dr Nayar to be of questionable value to my family. I have never waited less than 20 minutes past my appointment time and have often had to book my own specialist appointments a the office took way too long to arrange it for me. Dr Raes always had time for me and being in my thirties I feel like I am not as important to him as those who are older where he can book more referrals and tests for which the government pays him a fee.

Submitted Sept. 30, 2010 | flag

I generally like Dr. Nayar. Though, I think he sometimes jumps to the obvious, common diagnosis too soon. He doesn't hesitate to send me to a specialist. His receptionist could use a course in customer service. She definitly seems annoyed when you approach her or have questions for her in person or on the phone. Makes you feel like she has no time for you, when her job is to make time for Dr. Nayar's patients! All in all Dr. Nayar is a fine doctor who cares about his patients.

Submitted July 14, 2010 | flag

I think Dr. Nayar is a FABULOUS doctor! He always has time to listen to me and knows the situations I go through and actually cares. If he doesn't know specifics about what I am asking about, he doesn't hesitate to refer me to a specialist. He doesn't try to fix it himself, risking misdiagnosis or further injury. In my opinion, he's GREAT! =)

Submitted May 19, 2010 | flag

Dr. Nayar took over for Raes, thank goodness,we like him, however, Rae was about pushing patients through the a production line. Dr. nayar is compassionate, will refer you to ensure he is on the right track for solutions . My husband 75 and myself 61 really appreciate him being so thorough

Submitted April 15, 2010 | flag

I can't believe the positive comments being left about this guy and his receptionist. Nayar took over from good Dr. Raes. Unlike Raes, he never (even once when the waiting room was empty) took the time to find out a little about me and the issues in my life. Nayar hinted for a couple of years about my age and getting a physical. (Sorry, I don't want a physical or DRE.) He told me to find another Dr-"That's not how I practice medicine". Sorry, it's my body and No means No. Please respect me. Do his female patients have to submit to his pelvic exams or risk being told to find another Dr? Glad to be gone. I now visit a walk-in clinic, get requisitions, keep a file of my own blood work and know exactly the state of my health. (Could you tell me your BP, HDL, LDL, blood glucose, etc?) Receptionist made you feel like you were bothering her. She definitely has some issues in life! Hated even reporting to her when I walked in. Maybe she's gone now. Wish Dr. Raes would come back to Canada.

Submitted Jan. 26, 2010 | flag

Dr. Nayar took over my old doctors practice. I didnt think anyone could replace him, but Dr. Nayar proved me wrong. Excellent listener and his care has been amazing through some tough times for my parents as well. Nothing but good things to say about him.

Submitted Jan. 26, 2010 | flag

Dr. Nayar is the best doctor someone could have. He is very kind and compassionate. He has been my doctor for over 20 years! Anyone would be lucky to have him.

Submitted Jan. 4, 2010 | flag

Very thorough and kind. Will search for answers until answers are found. Has treated my six-member family (including seniors to babies) for decades. The best there is.

Submitted May 25, 2009 | flag