Rate Dr. Anthony Ocana

Dr. Anthony Ocana's Ratings

Simply put Dr. Ocana is the best Dr. I have ever encountered. He is extremely knowledgeable and takes the time to explain things. On first impression I wouldn't have thought he would be the type of Dr. to be reassuring, however, he has turned out to be the most reassuring/encouraging/caring Dr. that I have ever worked with. The only time(s) he has not been punctual from what I have experienced is when other patients have been late. Otherwise he is always on time, even more so than from what I have experienced with other doctors. He is thorough, did a medical exam before prescribing any meds (my other doctors neglected to do this), and is flexible in regards to patient preference. Dr. Ocana is confident and I wouldn't want nor trust a doctor who isn't. He still takes the time to listen to patients. After being on several meds and under the care of several doctors, the only improvements I have ever made were under the care of Dr. Ocana. I really can't say enough good things about him.

Submitted July 3, 2014 | flag

WARNING!!! Any and all positive comments are made by this incompetent, pompous, arrogant and disgusting doctor. Rather than bore you with the endless list of everything this Dr. and his equally un-caring staff did, do yourself a huge favor, trust me, not him.

Submitted June 11, 2014 | flag

This Doctor does harm ---no attention to clients, as he has soooooo many, not punctual, not helpfulrude and belittling--hurt my healing process significantly

Submitted April 16, 2014 | flag

My journey with ADD began when I found out my Dad, who has been suffering with depression and mental health issue for the majority of my life, was diagnosed with ADD during the lowest time of his life - separating from my Mother due to years of infidelity. At first, I thought ADD was a way for my dad to create pity and to justify the years of dishonesty but a year later, and after the heat of the emotions had cooled down, I began reflecting and saw many of the symptons of ADD in myself. I sat on it for months and was hesitant to explore a possible diagnosis but that little voice kept persisting in my head. I was referred to Dr. Ocana in October 2013. Simply put, it has had a profound impact on my life. It isn't easy to voice these very intimate aspects of yourself - but Dr. Ocana made me feel comfortable and in the best hands. He is a excellent specialist and trust in him to provide the best care and guidance through this very complicated - and socially misunderstood condition

Submitted Dec. 4, 2013 | flag

If you have ADHD, especially comorbid ADHD/SUD, I urge you to get a referral to see Dr. Ocana. It takes a while to get an appt. but it's worth it. This is the first health-professional I've seen that didn't freakout/prejudge me when I told them I struggled with substance use. I'm low-income and this doctor went out of his way to make sure my care was affordable and coordinated. I struggled with homelessness and addiction for >2 years prior to becoming a patient; I'm now drug-abstinent and am going back to school. Very competent administration, comfortable clinic environment.

Submitted Oct. 9, 2013 | flag

Rather than repeating similar comments by others who've had a positive experience with Dr. Ocana, I'll write this review for those of us who usually skim through our reading. Dr. Ocana is largely responsible for getting my life back on track at a point when things spiraling out of control. Struggling with adjusting to a new city, a new role as father, a life scheduled by responsibility to others quickly overwhelmed me when unable to rely on my traditional coping mechanisms. 2 years on and I'm living a life I never thought I was capable of. In short, let me emphasize just two things - 1. Trust Dr. Ocana. 2. Have PATIENCE - I remember feeling discouraged in the first few months, but stick with it and you'll be impressed.

Submitted Sept. 12, 2013 | flag

I have been seeing Dr Ocana for the past year and a half and I really enjoy how effective, professional and very educated on the subject he is. I trust his way of doing medicine and appreciate is straight forward manners. It works very well for me. Anthony has helped me change my life for the better, by narrowing down my ADD and suggested medicine as a tool to help me focus better. He never said medicine was going to do all the work. I finally reached the mental level I knew I had, but wasn't able to reach alone. Now I am on the right path for my dream career. For those who are worrying about the side effects and dosing, let me add this: I monitor everything and every time I see him I give him an update. If you don't monitor anything, then you will never find the right dose. You can't expect him to find it for you. It is very important to know yourself, then you can expect him change your life.

Submitted May 5, 2013 | flag

This doctor started off with a very transparent charm that worked on my family but had the stench of used car sales man all over it. He was extremely arrogant and seems to have some sort of intellectual Napoleon complex. Any insight I had in to my own diagnosis was shrugged off and dismissed as if I couldn't possibly help to analyze my own symptoms. He over-prescribed my medication which had me going down a suicidal and paranoid spiral. Neither of which were my symptoms to begin with. My final meetings with him were completely disrespectful on his behalf. I feel as if he has caused major damage and my advice to anyone who is thinking of seeing him is to run the other way. He told me stories of how his father before him was also a doctor and would buy a new car every summer, complaining about how little he gets paid and how the money should be better. He is not in it to help people. He doesn't care about your well being. P.S. All the good ratings are written by him.

Submitted Jan. 26, 2013 | flag

Dr. Ocana has been helping me with my adult ADHD over the past two years. After numerous medications/ dosages and frustrating days and nights, we finally hit the jackpot! I am presently taking 150mg. of Lamictal and 60mg. of Vyvanse. I would recommend one keep a daily journal of how they are feeling and evaluate every 2 or 3 weeks, you can dial in a dosage just right. Although it may seem hopeless, without a light at the end of the tunnel however, it will be worth the wait in the long run. I would also recommend trying Vyvanse for those who get the jitters or that 'funky' feeling from other ADHDS medications.

Submitted Dec. 29, 2012 | flag

I have know Dr.Ocana since August of 2005,he has helped me get off phenobarb, ativan ,and heroin, iam forever gratefull for his help.I AS WELL SUFFER FROM DEPERSONALIZATION AND DERALIZATION (SHORT FOR DP'S AND DR'S) A EXTREME SIDE EFFECT FROM POST TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER .Dr.Ocana has tryied me on so many diffrent kind's of medications no luck at all since 2005, as painfull my life is as i can not fuction, Dr.ocana doesn't give up on me nor tell me to get another doctor,just 2 weeks ago or so i wanted to kill myself,within minutes he had 4 police officers here and called to talk to me as he was so concerned, i was then taken to the hospital.Dr.Ocana is still presently trying to find me a medication that will work,as well as i know him,he won't give up on me,he cares,he's kind and listens,if that's not a doctor than what is. December 2012 Dr.Anthony ocana got me off the drug nardil,2013 will be a start to my new life.Thank You Dr.ocana

Submitted Dec. 24, 2012 | flag