Rate Dr. Lawrence C. Antonucci

Dr. Lawrence C. Antonucci's Ratings

To echo what many have said, Dr. Antonucci is a first class clinician. He provides a great deal of information and empathy to his patients. Unfortunately, his office staff is less than stellar, and particularly his office policies are onerous and anything but patient-focused. His practice has stopped accepting credit/debit card payments, and you need to be prepared to pay $25 for anything outside of an office visit. Because of a job change, my prescription plan switched from one wholesale pharmacy to another. His staff was unwilling to send a transfer prescription to my new carrier unless I either (a) paid $25 for the privilege, or (b) came in and paid for an unnecessary visit. My 'Helpfulness' rating is related solely to his staff and policies and not to his personal helpfulness as a physician. What should by all rights be a top-notch, first class cardiac care practice is hampered severely by staff and office policies.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2538374].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2014

I first met him in 1996 at Mendham office . I was impressed by his knowledge, thoroughness & ability to solve my issues. I moved away in 2000 & returned this Winter . I saw him again a few months ago, and since. He spent a great deal of time with me and was just as cordial as years ago. I consider Dr. Abtonucci one of the best specialists I have encountered! His staff is very accommodating as well, though a little mix-up about lab work recently. All in all, A+ ...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2479943].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2014

Dr. Antonucci is a terrific doctor! He is very knowledgeable, listens, and takes time to answer any questions you have regarding treatment. For someone as smart as he is, he is also very down to earth and just a great person and doctor. I would not go to another cardiologist!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][652758].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2014

up to date on all cardiac problems-caring, concerned and very well informed..knows what he is talking about

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][652757].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2013

Dr. Antonucci is very knowledgable and personable. However, his staff is one of the worst I have ever encountered. I needed a cardiac clearance for an unrelated surgical procedure, and not only after TWO office visits in a week's time (both more than an hour from my house) was the clearance not done, the office staffer I spoke with following the surgery (note this lack of a clearance held up the operating room for over an hour), there was no apology, and I was told I needed to get over it as the surgery was over with. No one should be treated with the level of disrespect I encountered (I was also told the doctor would call me to discuss and that never happened.) Also, new patients should note that this office has taken to nickel and diming patients. Need a prescription sent to you? I hope you have $25 handy, a charge they will not mention on the phone. I understand medical office work can be stressful, but a modicum of manners goes a long way. I will never return. Appalling.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][652756].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 15, 2012

One of the best there is. Very knowledgeable and takes his time to listen to you and understand what is going on, even for the most routine office visits. that kind of care is hard to come by. It can increase the waiting time sometimes, but is well worth it, IMO!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][652755].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 29, 2011

The VERY best cardiologist around from a medical family. Good advice, listens and provides options.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][652754].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2011

Dr Antonucci is knowledgeable and stays up to date on medical literature, however, he relies too strongly on medicine with not enough interest or knowledge of contributing or alternative therapies. He also refused to phone in an emergency prescription for me when I ran out of meds over a w/e, forcing me to be without medication for two+ days. I see that as unfeeling and uncaring.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][652753].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 13, 2010

Dr. Antonucci treated my mother for 5 years from 1996 to 2001 when she passed away at the age of 96. He was topnotch in thoroughness of treatment, in generosity of his time, in consideration and understanding of her fears and concerns. I hope he will be able to treat me if I need a cardiologist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][652752].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 28, 2009

Dr. Antonucci is probably the smartest AND wisest doctor I've ever known. He combines his amazing medical knowledge with a caring manner that's hard to find. He listens and hears your concerns. He never overtreats or undertreats. He does exactly what he knows will give you the longest, highest quality of life possible. He has a new partner who is extremely smart and capable too. These men are rare and a blessing to all who know them.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][652751].votes_count ]]