Rate Dr. Kevin M. Cahill

Dr. Kevin M. Cahill's Ratings

This is a really amazing doctor. He diagnoses you very quickly and then helps to get the proper care. If you have a parasite, or never even suspect it, but have so-called IBS or gastro issues, and more seriously other things such as sleeping issues, indigestion, bloating, weight loss, loss of appetite, itching, rashes, which are often unexplained, whether they came on suddenly or gradually, go see this doctor. I would strongly advice against seeing typical doctors or gastro "specialists" in particular. They just dont know how to diagnose anything. They have no knowledge of parasites and think they exist only in some OTHER country. And they will give you steroids and other drugs like humira , which will destroy your gut and immunity. Take it from me. I wasted so much time, running from doctor to doctor. Until I had the fortune to see this doctor. There just are not many doctors of Cahill's caliber!

Submitted Aug. 30, 2014 | flag

He's the best in his field! He knows how to diagnose and treat parasites from Third World Countries with the highest standards of investigation. You're lucky to find him.

Submitted Feb. 27, 2014 | flag

Doctor Cahill seemed like he had potential. There seem to be few parasite specialist doctors in New York and probably other states as well currently so Dr. kevin Cahill seemed like he could be a shot at helping ongoing problems. Ultimately this doctor did not help. First time I saw him he claimed he found a parasite that seemed different than what my symptoms were for or at least symptoms suggested other types as well and my second visit with him found nothing. The doctor also seems to talk a lot about himself and doesn't even give blood tests to confirm or help with diagnosing infections. Overall this doctor did not help and I have to seek out more doctors now. Cahill's office isn't cheap either as the office takes cash as opposed to insurance. If he did comprehensive blood tests and spent more time with patients it seems like his office could have potential but as it is now it isn't that way. He may be able to help some people but overall I would give this office a low rating.

Submitted Jan. 24, 2014 | flag

Dr. Cahill is a first-rate diagnostician and humanitarian. I had been misdiagnosed by FOUR doctors over a year who told me that my stomach pain and swelling were psychosomatic. Dr. Cahill just listened to my symptoms for 5 minutes and guessed what parasite I had. He tested me and 24 hours later it was confirmed. A few *days* later I was on medication and feeling 200% better. He actually takes the time to listen to his patients and is extremely kind. You are never just another number to him. He does everything, not just infectious diseases, great GP. Extremely knowledgeable, experienced physician.

Submitted Oct. 30, 2011 | flag

Reading these other reviews I thought I was looking at the wrong Dr. Kevin Cahill. The doctor I know is not arrogant, he's very humble and he's the best in figuring out if you have parasites within 24 hours and the proper treatment. He's the best in the field. He's probably around 85 now. he's the first one to identify HIV and convince the gov. that it was not just a "gay" disease.

Submitted July 23, 2011 | flag

When other doctors misdiagnosed me and prescribed the wrong medication, he found the problem quickly and put me on the road to recovery. I will be forever thankful to him and his staff.

Submitted May 3, 2011 | flag

Good clinition. Helped me with my issue with no fuss. Very experianced

Submitted April 20, 2010 | flag

Saw him years ago when I was a young woman. He was extremely arrogant and showed no consideration for my modesty (ripped the paper gown down the middle, which was uncalled for and extremely embarrassing). At least if his arrogance and disregard for the feelings/modesty of his patients enabled him to correctly diagnose and treat them, perhaps such traits could be overlooked. But no, he is inept at both diagnosing and treating. Don't waste your time, gas, money or breath.

Submitted May 28, 2009 | flag

Dr. Cahill is a travel/tropical disease specialist. If you're traveling and need to get shots or medications, I would highly recommend him. He's lived and practiced medicine in Africa and knows the conditions there first hand. For newbies, he explains various travel-related health dangers very thoroughly and spends a lot of time with the patient. The only frustration I had was when booking the apt, his office would not tell me how much certain vaccinations would cost and insisted I come in person. Not a big deal really, because I found the apt very helpful, but a bit annoying and non consumer-friendly.

Submitted Nov. 22, 2006 | flag