Rate Dr. James D. Callahan

Dr. James D. Callahan's Ratings

Dr. Callahan is an amazing dr. After comming to him from another hospital who mis-diagnois me with a "kidney infection" after 8 day stay and became paralyzed after being released. In less the 24 hr of being admitted into his care, my condition was found out that most of my L5 vertebre and discs were gone and had a staph infection inside the bone itself. (far from a kidney infection). I owe him my life. He was the most compassionate and caring dr. I wouldn't trade him for any other and will follow him anywhere he goes if I am able to, and when ever need him again. I recommend him to everyone I know that is in need. Thank you Dr Callahan for giving me and my family back my life. I may not be 100% like before but i'll take every minute with my kids I can get. Thank you.

Submitted Aug. 30, 2013 | flag

Dr. Callahan did my microdiscetomy in 2006 & a laminectomy w/fusion/synovial cyst removal. I found him to be most compassionate with a wonderful bedside manner & a warm personality. He spoke kindly, was genuinely interested in me & never showed an attitude of superiority, which I've found in 99% of the physicians I've seen. Prior to my referral, for 6 months I saw 2 different internists, weeks of physical therapy w/numerous tractions, countless appts. with a stupid neurologist & 2 chiropractors. I was crying in pain for 6 months when one of the chiropractors insisted on my having a MRI. One look at my MRI & he called Dr. Callahan & I was in his office in 2 days. He is amazing & I trust him with my back & with my life!!!

Submitted May 8, 2008 | flag

Dr. Callahan did surgery on my husband for a bulging disk about 10 years ago, he never had another problem, immediately felt better. Dr. Callahan also accurately diagnosed my son (17 years old) with a Pars Defect (broken vertebrae) after years of suffering with back pain and several wrong diagnoses by other physicians. He had MRI results that said "normal" even though he was in horrible pain, we eventually ended up in the emergency room and demanded a neurosurgeon be involved (as we were told everything was normal and to go home)Dr. Callahan agreed to see us and figured out what was wrong immediately. In both situations, Dr. Callahan took a LOT of time with the family, was compassionate, and an overall nice guy. Our family would highly recommend him!

Submitted Dec. 3, 2007 | flag

he did my back surgery 4 years ago. i thought he was very good. acording to the mri i had a couple of buldging disks, as it turned out i had a growth covered with arthritis and also 2 nerves running threw one vertabrae.he relieved the pressure and pain , did warn me that it could come back,i liked him and wouldn't hesitate to see him again, also he made a nice neat incision

Submitted Nov. 28, 2007 | flag

This doctor is very pompous and useless. He wanted to operate on me over a year ago and told me I would get worse if he didn't. I sought a another opinion and was treated with physical therapy and have done very well. I know several patients that have done poorly with neck and back surgery under his care.

Submitted Feb. 2, 2007 | flag

very arrogant, forceful, and to quick to do needless surgery chosing to overlook the obvious. wants his way or will pressure you until he gets it.

Submitted Nov. 22, 2006 | flag