Rate Dr. Stephen Sharp

Dr. Stephen Sharp's Ratings

The best family doctor, I have him over 12 years

Submitted Aug. 14, 2014 | flag

I saw Dr. Sharp only 3 times, I was looking for a new GP and he was the GP of a co-worker. The first visit/interview was amazing; said all the right things, including saying that he understood sport injuries and believed in diet, exercise before drugs. The next time I went, after transferring my records there, his tune changed. He seemed annoyed that I had 3 things going on (back, arm/wrist, and stress at work), and couldn't seem to listen to me at all. He offered no support, and told me to go on anti-depressants and try aquafit. If you knew me you'd know that was a ridiculous suggetion. I was I was so shocked by his change, almost chameleon like, I teared up. He left the room to let me "calm down". Came back 20 minutes later. I went back (regretfully) for another appt (waiting for MRI results to come in from previous clinic), and was met with the same horrible attitude. He actually said something like, "we'll see if you like me enough to come back". Cancelled my other appointments.

Submitted Nov. 10, 2012 | flag

I just want to say that Dr. Sharp is an amazing Doctor. I no longer see him because I moved to a different province, but he was the only doctor that spent time with me during my anxiety/panic attacks. Every other doctor pushed me out the door but Dr. Sharp. He ordered tests, blood work, and refered me to specialists. He was very thorough with me, and Listened! when I needed someone to listen. If your reading this Dr. Sharp, I thank you so very much for helping me, I will never forget you!

Submitted Feb. 22, 2011 | flag

Sharp is the best! Period! At least he cares about people, not like other doctors, when you have a problem and they say, just take some advil or you'll grow out of it. WTF? Sharp is my doctor even thought i live far away from him. They should clone him or something so that we have more Dr. Sharps around.

Submitted Jan. 13, 2011 | flag

Dr. Sharp is a great doctor! He has been my & my daughters' doctor for 12 years now. My daughters are now 12 & 13, and have always felt very comfortable with Dr Sharp, as have I. He is knowledgeable, humorous and a genuinely caring individual. I even referred my elderly father, who had many health problems, to Dr Sharp, as he treats us all very well. He is very thorough, and goes the extra mile for his patients. I first saw him at Old Orchard Clinic in Burnaby, then stayed with him when he moved downtown Vancouver, and again when he moved to North Burnaby Clinic. I now have moved out of town, 4 hours away, and I still come to see Dr Sharp. I suffered an unfortunate accident which resulted in a broken leg and many complications, and he has been wonderful in helping me. The staff he has is not the best, making appts for him when he is not in, and confirming them too! As I live out of town, this is a costly mistake for me. But don't let that stop you from going to the best doctor ever!!

Submitted Oct. 12, 2010 | flag

Extremely comfortable for a male doctor/female patient relationship. He explains things simply and directly but is very friendly and warm. I've never felt like I'm asking a stupid question or made an un-necessary visit.

Submitted Aug. 13, 2010 | flag

Dr. Sharp is an excellent physician who always sets you at ease and helps you navigate through obstacles set up by disability companies.etc. He stresses good self care and exercise and to some extent combines the standard modern medicine with good old fashioned relaxation exercises including yoga. He is very personable and so good in fact that I have directed my daughters to him as well..

Submitted March 24, 2010 | flag

Dr sharpe has always been very good for me, i have no complaints, the office gets very busy,but i have nothing but good things to say about him, i,ve been through a very bad year health wise and hes been there all the way helping me

Submitted March 16, 2010 | flag

I've seen this doctor when his office was in downtown. He seriously misdiagnosed me and I almost became a paraplegic when he didn't realized that I am a spinal cord injury!!! Seen him 3 times and he told me that it's all in my head!!! I was disappointed so I ended up going to Emergency and I was told by the Emerg doc that I needed immediate surgery or I'll suffer from permanent spinal damage. Dr. Stephen Sharp is incompetent and I would avoid this doctor at all cost. Dr. Sharp always asked me at the end of my visit if I knew if any people who needed a family doctor.... he's that bad... and I would never recommend anyone to see this horrible doctor.

Submitted Dec. 5, 2009 | flag

This Doctor Has discussed my medical history with someone that was not before speaking with me. He is a hack and should not have a medical license.

Submitted Oct. 26, 2009 | flag