Rate Dr. Gennady Rubinstein

Dr. Gennady Rubinstein's Ratings

My niece was getting married in the summer so 1 month prior, I went from SD to see Dr. Rubenstein. for some fillers. When I got there, they first took some kind of pictures of my face so that only the sun damage would show up. Then they suggested I need a Photo facial on my face and neck. Once the sales portion was over, then I actually saw the Doctor. He was very pleasant / nice.

We did the photo facial and the filler all at the same sitting. Unlike the fillers, the photo facial hurt like you know what. In fact it hurt all the way back to San Diego and then some.

On the up-side, once all the scabs came off and the red disappeared, it did make my skin look very nice.

I paid $1200 total for the photo facial and the filler to my mouth lines and under eyes. However, although I went back for a touch up with the remaining filler 1 week before the wedding, the total affects did not even last a month. By the time of the wedding, no one noticed any improvements. I told by sister who usually notices everything and she did not believe me that I had fillers done. Therefore, lasting less than a month, I have never returned.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2633355].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2014

Always wonderful, very happy with his service. I've had several cancer and pre cancer spots removed He left little scarring was always friendly. One time after a several hour surgery I left and walked into a glass wall, fearing I had caused more damage I returned the next day without an appointment and was seen right away. He shows great concern and reassured me I would be OK. The next day I looked like a fighter that lost. He reassured me the swelling would go down and it did, all was ok. I returned to him and will return again. I have seen many Dermatologists and am very happy to stay with him I feel I am in good hands. His staff is very friendly. Seeing other negative reviews surprised me. It is difficult to please everyone espcially about their skin. There is only so much a Doctor can do. People expect too much. If you have seen the TV show Nip and Tuck, it is not Reality! No magic But if you follow his advice you will see improvement. Sure it costs and it takes work and attention on our part. I am 63 and don't expect to look 20 years younger. I've had a BAD doctor before that left me scarred due to incompetence and bad advice. Believe me Dr Rubinstein is competent and Knowlegable He doesn't need to spend a lot of time He knows what he is doing. I highly recommend him. He offers many treatments and creams He doesn't push them. He has my vote of confidence.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2515945].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2014

Saw the doctor for a few moles I was most concerned about. He recommended not doing anything to most of them. Did a full skin exam. Pretty fast but I have had other doctors do the same, I guess they know what they are looking for. Anyway, had a biopsy and then need to cut out the mole on my side. It wasn't too bad. Wish my insurance would cover some of the cost, but I have a basic policy so I expect to pay for minor surgeries and other small stuff. The staff is super nice. Very professional office overall. Will certainly return for any skin issues, maybe even do some laser hair removal. I can recommend Dr. Rubinstein and think he deserves a nice review on this site.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1892403].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2013

He barely looks at you and comes up with a "diagnosis" and prescribes creams and pills, no improvement. Second visit similar. Third visit gives injections. STILL no improvement. I've never had skin problems before, and I'm in my 50s. I was getting these swollen areas that would actually ooze and turn red on my face. After 5 visits and $1,500, I told him how disappointed I was. For example, he never even touched my skin. He never even looked through a magnifying glass. When I told him what I saw at home in a magnifying glass, he said I was imagining things. that it was all in my head. WHAT?!? Swollen, red, oozing sores and it's all in my head? When I questioned him on this, he said "I've been very nice to you." What, a doctor is NOT supposed to be nice to his patients? WORST EXPERIENCE EVER. STAY AWAY!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1892402].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 24, 2013

Very knowledgeable. Probably the best advice and treatment I got for my rosacea in years. I've now been on the creams and pills for three months and can honestly say that my skin is better than it had been in years. The first month was tough, but the doctor and his assistant talked me through it and literally held my hand. I am so glad I trusted them to go through this process. I would recommend Dr. Rubinstein and Eric to anyone suffering for years with rosacea and never ending chin pimples.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1892401].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 20, 2013

He seemed to be quite unfriendly with me but he sounded pretty knowledgeable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1892400].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2011

$250 to see the doctor and have him inject one pimple. This guy should be arrested for theft. All they do in this office is try to sell you products and procedures that cost a fortune.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1892399].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 18, 2010

My 1st time ever to get injections and it was a horrible experience! I was told by his consultant that he does not meet patients for consultations and I could only meet with her to discuss injections red flag! The nurse didn't even wipe off my makeup before putting numbing cream on and said it's not necessary! I told the nurse I wanted to talk to the Dr about my face before we got started. Dr rushed in the room spent a few minutes with me and just started injecting me really fast and I could not see what he was doing. He put all this filler near my nose and didn't even get close to the lipline the result was hardly any change to my lips he went thru 2 shots and didn't even do my smile folds! I was upset and told him my folds were my main concern and that his coordinator said there would be enough product for both. Then tried to sell me a 3rd shot! I got out of there fast! Would not recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1892398].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

I've gone several times, waited often. Doctor can be rushed. He seems sincere but I think the offerings of so many cosmetic-derma procedures gets in the way of good dermatologic care. Minor mole removal surgery left significant scarring where a previous doctor (for a different mole years ago) did not. I sent my husband to him early on and neither of us are too satisfied.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1892397].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2007

Young, nice office staff. Seemed knowledgeable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1892396].votes_count ]]