Dr. Lori J. MacIulla

Grad. Year: 1985

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 13 reviews. Dr. Lori J. MacIulla has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.7

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Lori" to "Lori J."
RID: 2653724
21/05/13 5 5 5 5 I have been a patient for at least 6 years and I feel very comfortable with her staff & their knowledge. I actually enjoy my annual visits and don't mind if I have to see them more than once! I trust any recommendations she has for my care.
RID: 2643803
08/05/13 4 5 5 5 I have been seeing Dr. Maciulla for 5 years. She is very knowledgeable, friendly, and easy to speak with. A couple of years back, I had a problem with my right breast. I was unable to get an appointment with my breast specialist for two weeks!! I decided to call Dr. Maciulla's office. When I told them what the problem was, they asked me if I could come in on that very day. They were quick to respond, ordered a mammogram and followed up. I have recommended Dr. Maciulla to three friends of mine and they are all pleased with her, as well.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2615032
11/04/13 5 4 5 5 I am responding to the Medicare patient's comment below who refused to sign the mandatory ABN papers Medicare requires before any labs are performed. Her refusal to sign the Medicare forms upset not only the staff but also the other patients in the office. Dr. Maciulla was not involved in any of the discussion as she had gone into another exam room. This Medicare patient will become very familiar with these required forms when she visits her future doctors.  Respond
RID: 2613628

10/04/13 2 2 2 2 After being her patient for many years, I was given a new form to fill out when I went on Medicare. i had questions about what they wanted me to sign, which the office staff could not answer but visibly resented. Both Maciulla and her assistant told me that if I didn't sign, the results of the culture she had just taken "would be dumped n the trash." Both used the identical language on 2 separate occasions. If this is your idea of medical professionalism, respect for patients, and courtesy, you might be comfortable at this practice. I was horrified. I'm a lawyer, & if I don't understand a (badly-drafted) form, I'm not going to sign it just for their convenience. Any doctor who expects this is treating you like a cash cow, not an individual worthy of respect. I hope Dr Maciulla can develop a more ladylike way of getting her thoughts across without threatening & insulting her patients.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 2549937
04/02/13 1 3 3 5 Dr Maciulla is a great doc, however she is very unavailable. I'm client of hers for many years and everytime I go to her office I have a feeling that they just care about the money. The appointments last about 5 min and she is always in a hurry. I needed her today for an an emergency, I explained the problem and her staff offered me an appointment 5 days from today. She won't talk over the phone, they won't return calls if there is a cancelation, and she won't refer any other doc. So what is the point of having a doc that can't talk to you when you need? Frustrating...
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2532394
15/01/13 5 3 1 2 I went to see Dr. Maciulla after my primary care doctor found a problem with me. She was rude, condescending and completely unprofessional. I realized it was a mistake, and asked her to leave. I would find a better doctor. She proceeded to lecture me, without any full awareness of my health conditions. I would never recommend her to anyone. I've never had a worse medical visit in my life.  Respond
RID: 1650737
02/12/11 5 5 5 5 I've been going to Dr Maciulla since my OBGYN retired four years ago. I had been seeing Dr Ross for over 20 years, so it was hard to imagine using another OBGYN. Lori is every bit as good as my former doctor was. She is very forthright, responsive and bright. I also love her staff, they've always gone out of their way to be of assistance. MaryEllen is the best! I would highly recommend Lori and her staff. She's caring and makes sure she answers any and all of my questions. In this day and time with so many issues surrounding healthcare, it's a breath of fresh air to work with such an efficient staff and such a competent doctor.
RID: 1476493
30/06/11 4 2 2 2 Kept prescribing the same treatment for the same symptoms. After 6 weeks of no progress, I went elsewhere.
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 1008108
13/10/09 5 4 5 5 I went to this doctor after a very bad experience with another doctor. Doctor Maciulla is professional and responsive. I had a fibroid that had to be removed and she recommended a wonderful surgeon.
Paid (or co-pay): $15
Respond

03/07/09 SYSTEM: 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 552211
29/03/08 5 5 5 5 I liked Dr. Maiculla's bedside manner but for religious reasons she will not insert IUDs
RID: 493984
24/01/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Maciulla is very knowledgable. She is thorough in her treatment and shows real concern and care. I have referred several people to her and they have all been very pleased with her treatment. She is very willing to answer questions and discuss treatment options.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 351730
22/06/07 4 5 5 Dr. Maciulla is an excellent physician! I've been with her for many years and she is caring, knowledgeable and professional. I had terrible fibroids and she gave me information about surgery (hysterectomy) with respect and in such a way as I was empowered to decide. I highly recommend her! I've had to wait but not a significant amount of time. Dr. Maciulla always answers questions and provides excellent referrals. She practically acts as my primary physician!  Respond
RID: 73175
21/12/06 5 1 3 She refused to give me yeast infection medicine, when that was the only reason I went in there. Then, while she was looking down there she did a rectal exam with NO warning and I later found out, was COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY!!! I then made the mistake of coming back to her for a biopsy. Worst mistake ever. A fairly painful procedure turned out to be an EXTREMELY painful procedure because of her.
Paid (or co-pay): $1500