You may also like

Rate Dr. Gina Lacuesta

Dr. Gina Lacuesta's Ratings

Dr. Lacuesta has been fantastic to work with!! She is very open to alternative treatments and ultimately wants whats best for the patient. I have seen many allergists and doctors and Dr. Lacuesta has been, by far, the most cooperative, friendly, caring doctor I have seen yet.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2745059].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 9, 2015

Dr. Lacuesta was very patient and really listened when I talked. She looked for different options and new treatments that would help me. Her nurse was also very kind and friendly who did my prick test. The only comment I have is about the office in general. I found the receptionists to be short and not very friendly. They more told me when I was coming in for my follow up instead of asking a time that works for me. I have waited a long time to see Dr. Lacuesta, it was definitely worth the wait!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2740142].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2015

Overall one of the best doctors I've been to. Very helpful

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2719251].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2015

Dr. Lacuesta is great if you fit into the "typical allergy" mold. She is very "by the book". However, if you are allergic to so called "bizarre" things as an adult like wheat, soy or sesame, good luck. "Apparently" only children are allergic to those things and that you grow out of it. Or "apparently" u can't have a reaction delayed any longer than 6 hrs. She can't think outside the box. If my husband eats wheat, soy or sesame (and possibly amaranth), about 8-14 hrs later he will begin vomiting, diarrhea, turn gray and start fainting. Then after he stops puking, he starts getting severe stomach pain. She says that since he doesn't get hives, it's not an allergy. She would only do skin tests for shrimp, shellfish, cats, mold, etc. After begging her to at least do a skin prick test for at least wheat, she rolled her eyes and agreed. But she said he had to wait 4 weeks because he just had a reaction. She is not willing investigate. We asked our family doc for a referral to someone else.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1893423].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

I have a very rare form of a very rare genetic disease. She has gone above and beyond helping me with all my myriad of crazy symptoms. Always on time, willing to try new treatments, refer to other specialists when needed. Great bedside manner, so caring. Fabulous doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1893422].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2012

Took a day off and drove from out of town for the appointment which was booked months in advance. After a 5 minute discussion, she wanted to schedule another appointment for allergy testing because she usually closes early on Friday. So, she was more worried about ending the day early than testing for my allergy. I will not go back to this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1893421].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2012

Awesome doctor very professional and glad to have such a wonderful physician working with my daughter.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1893420].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2012

Ive been one year with bizarre symptoms. She refused to involve any other specialists, tells me she sees six people like me every day and just keeps changing my meds. She forgot what she prescribed for me & didn't write it down. I felt like I was wasting her time. Symptoms have continued for one year. said I seemed "anxious" no kidding!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1893419].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 27, 2012

BEST DOCTOR IN HALIFAX. She really goes above and beyond the call of the duty. The world needs more Doctors like her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1893418].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 19, 2011

Dr. Lacuesta is without a doubt the best doctor I've ever had, specialist and otherwise. She understands my condition, is empathic, and treats me with respect and as in equal in the doctor-patient relationship.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1893417].votes_count ]]