You may also like

Rate Dr. Ewell Lee Nelson

Dr. Ewell Lee Nelson's Ratings

In October 2015 i could not walk without extreme and constant pain. Lee performed a three level fusion( L 2-3,,3-4,and 4-5)on November 5 2014. I began playing golf again on March 30th...pain free. My life once again has quality. Lee is not only a skilled neurosurgeon but a kind and carting person. I was blessed to have been referred to him. In fact for our first appointment i was an hour early and he saw me within 15 minutes. In analyzing my issues , i could see his mind visualizing how he would perform the surgery. He even drew a graph of what he thought should be done!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2765289].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

Dr. Nelson gave back my quality of life 2 years ago with my back fusion surgery. After being in pain for years, Dr. Nelson and his staff always kept my expectations in line before my surgery. I never even dreamed I could be this pain-free again. Dr. Nelson and his staff -- Sara and Mike and Jennifer -- are the most professional and thoughtful medical team I've ever experienced. Thank you will never be enough........

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2746581].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

My husband saw Dr. Nelson and he saved his life! He was kind and really did care about my husbands well being! We owe a big Thank you to him, his PA's and staff!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2650906].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2014

Waited a 2weeks for an appointment with the P.A. then was treated like I was a leper when I didn't have my MRI cd. I was asked twice why I didn't have it and I informed the front staff twice that the other Dr's office stated they would email it with my records. I was then informed that,"that was not possible" , she then stared at me like I was lying. I asked if I should cancel the appointment. Luckily the PA came from the back and said it really wasn't that big of a deal, to be honest Sara Kadlec, PA-C saved the day. She was professional and explained everything very well with a great bed side manor. This was in October and the next available appointment was December 2nd. This was a bummer because the pinched nerve was driving me crazy. The PA did state that my next appointment would be a pre surgical and I could count on surgery within 10 to 14 days after. This was important as my detectables had been met and I sure didn't want to wait any longer.
I get a courtesy call the day before the appointment to confirm and was informed that she (recipionist) was seeing I was being seen for a pre surgery appointment but should inform me that they were scheduleing into January unless I had sent in the proper paper work, WHAT PAPER WORK?? It was then very obvious that this office has there head up their A** and I was to blame for not getting in this paper work. I told her I would not need the appointment (and wait another 2 months?) she could give a darn about how long I waited, she then promptly hung up on me.
I never did see Dr. Nelson and thanks to his staff never will.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2638899].votes_count ]]

Submitted Dec. 2, 2014

Surgery coming up and he has prepared me quite well. Great bed side manner!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2491002].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 10, 2014

Dr. Nelson was proactive, saving my husband an extra surgery. Dr. Nelson removed a cyst growing on the spine, but determined during process that he could use new methods to fuse two vertebrae at the same time. This saved my husband a return trip to the operating room to have the fusion. Dr. Nelson fully and clearly communicated all issues and procedures; he was on time, he followed up,and his staff were wonderful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1893947].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2014

Dr. Nelson is a brilliant neurosurgeon! After living with worsening back and leg pain for many years, now I am pain free! I had tried multiple less-invasive procedures and thought I'd be disabled by the terrible pain for the rest of my life. I will be forever grateful that I found him, after seeing several other surgeons who couldn't help me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1893946].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 11, 2013

THIS MAN CHANGED MY LIFE! recommend him highly. i can work and sleep and such like a human being. no more chronic pain. thank you thank you. etc. wish i would have done this 10 years ago. absolute a plus as a doctor. same for the staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1893945].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 29, 2012

A great Doc. Very personable and caring. Does excellent work and my surgery was perfect.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1893944].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 7, 2011

dr lee nelson saved my life when he remove a tumor from my back in houston texas several years ago. I now have screws in rods holding me together. I has a great bed side manner. He is a true man of God. thank you so muc for your special gift.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1893943].votes_count ]]