Rate Dr. Ewell Lee Nelson

Dr. Ewell Lee Nelson's Ratings

My husband saw Dr. Nelson and he saved his life! He was kind and really did care about my husbands well being! We owe a big Thank you to him, his PA's and staff!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2650906].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2014

Waited a 2weeks for an appointment with the P.A. then was treated like I was a leper when I didn't have my MRI cd. I was asked twice why I didn't have it and I informed the front staff twice that the other Dr's office stated they would email it with my records. I was then informed that,"that was not possible" , she then stared at me like I was lying. I asked if I should cancel the appointment. Luckily the PA came from the back and said it really wasn't that big of a deal, to be honest Sara Kadlec, PA-C saved the day. She was professional and explained everything very well with a great bed side manor. This was in October and the next available appointment was December 2nd. This was a bummer because the pinched nerve was driving me crazy. The PA did state that my next appointment would be a pre surgical and I could count on surgery within 10 to 14 days after. This was important as my detectables had been met and I sure didn't want to wait any longer.
I get a courtesy call the day before the appointment to confirm and was informed that she (recipionist) was seeing I was being seen for a pre surgery appointment but should inform me that they were scheduleing into January unless I had sent in the proper paper work, WHAT PAPER WORK?? It was then very obvious that this office has there head up their A** and I was to blame for not getting in this paper work. I told her I would not need the appointment (and wait another 2 months?) she could give a darn about how long I waited, she then promptly hung up on me.
I never did see Dr. Nelson and thanks to his staff never will.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2638899].votes_count ]]

Submitted Dec. 2, 2014

Surgery coming up and he has prepared me quite well. Great bed side manner!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2491002].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 10, 2014

Dr. Nelson was proactive, saving my husband an extra surgery. Dr. Nelson removed a cyst growing on the spine, but determined during process that he could use new methods to fuse two vertebrae at the same time. This saved my husband a return trip to the operating room to have the fusion. Dr. Nelson fully and clearly communicated all issues and procedures; he was on time, he followed up,and his staff were wonderful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1893947].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2014

Dr. Nelson is a brilliant neurosurgeon! After living with worsening back and leg pain for many years, now I am pain free! I had tried multiple less-invasive procedures and thought I'd be disabled by the terrible pain for the rest of my life. I will be forever grateful that I found him, after seeing several other surgeons who couldn't help me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1893946].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 11, 2013

THIS MAN CHANGED MY LIFE! recommend him highly. i can work and sleep and such like a human being. no more chronic pain. thank you thank you. etc. wish i would have done this 10 years ago. absolute a plus as a doctor. same for the staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1893945].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 29, 2012

A great Doc. Very personable and caring. Does excellent work and my surgery was perfect.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1893944].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 7, 2011

dr lee nelson saved my life when he remove a tumor from my back in houston texas several years ago. I now have screws in rods holding me together. I has a great bed side manner. He is a true man of God. thank you so muc for your special gift.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1893943].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 31, 2009

Dr. Nelson helped my 92 year old father who had a sub dural hematoma. He came into the ICU and gave us a very realistic view of how to deal with this situation. Very down to earth and very reassuring.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1893942].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 19, 2009

Dr Nelson Saved my life 4.5 years ago. I had a brain aneurysm and a sub-arachnoid hemorrhage when he saw me in the ER. He performed surgery immediately and the rest is history. I thsnk God each day for Dr. Lee Nelson.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1893941].votes_count ]]