Rate Dr. Joel DeLaMerced

Dr. Joel DeLaMerced's Ratings

We had a very bad experience at this office. While new to Southern California after living out of the country for the past 4 years, I needed to register my child for kindergarten. Before finding a home, we were staying with family in central Cal and I immediately took him in for a physical. The school informed me, that my son was missing one immunization and would not be able to register him until he got it. After doing a little research online, I called Dr Merced's office. I let them know he recently had a physical but was missing one shot and they were nice enough to squeeze us in the next morning. We filled out all the paperwork and waited. Several patients came in after we were done with our paperwork and we were still waiting, about an hour. Finally they called us in and what looked like a 15 yr old girl was going to give my son the shot. My child was terrified. He was screaming and grabbing on to anything he could use to hide himself. He was so stressed, a woman with obviously more experience came in but she too, was unable to calm him. Dr. Merced never came in to meet us. He had a full physical and 3 shots the week before and was completely fine with it. Not a tear was shed, not even an ouch. I strongly feel the difference was, the previous Dr came in and meet with my child, sat down at his level and talked with him, she made him feel relaxed. Nothing like that happened at Dr Merced's office, it was cold and institutional. In fact, the experience affected 2.5 yr old and his visiting a Dr to enter preschool and he wasn't with us when we went to Dr Merced. I had to drive him back to the other Dr for his physical. If you have an older child, Dr Merced may be fine for them; if you have a young child, I wouldn't recommend him. Dr Merced is supposed to be a good pediatrician in the area but he could at least take a couple of minutes to meet new patients. We won't ever go back!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2548263].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2014

I have had this dr for my son for almost a year now and I really like him. He is really patient and works well with my son. His office is decorated so pretty also which just makes for a pleasant environment. The only problems I have are the hours and the girl in the front just always seems like she's in a bad mood. But overall everyone is very nice and helpful. I would recommend him to all my friends and family.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][655619].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 16, 2009

I absolutely love this pediatrician.He has been my children's pediatrician for the past 6 years. He is so patient. He always greets you by your name. I can say that almost 100% of the time I am able to get a same day appt. or early the next day if my children are sick. When he is checking for something he will tell you what he is looking for and he will also tell you to look. Darlene his nurse is great. I love this DR.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][655618].votes_count ]]