Dr. James D. Gallagher

5 1 4.4

You may also like

Rate Dr. James D. Gallagher

Dr. James D. Gallagher's Ratings

I have been seeing Dr. Gallagher for almost 10 years. I was in my early 20's when I first met him and he has been there for me through many concerning events which fortunately never turned out to be anything serious. He was also there for me for my pregnancy and I couldn't of asked for a better, more attentive Doctor. He even scheduled times to see me on weekends to ensure that I was doing well (so the comment about seeing him on Saturday being inconvenient for him and the staff is very doubtful). He may be a very serious man, but he is very serious about his patients. He took extra precautions during my pregnancy when things didn't seem right just to be on the safe side. I had taken extra tests and was also admitted to the hospital where he routinely checked up on me himself. Towards the end of my pregnancy he was very attentive and even joked around with me to ease my mind as he could tell I was getting nervous and scared. I wouldn't want to see any other Doctor and I truly love his staff who have also always been very attentive and helpful during all my visits and crazy calls that I made while I was pregnant. Dr. James Gallagher is the absolute best and I am thankful that he will be there during my second pregnancy.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2743026].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 5, 2015

I've been with Dr Gallagher for many years and can't see any negative things many are saying. He's professional and brilliant. Others may be more needy of a friend instead of a true doctor.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2738361].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2015

DR. Gallagher saved our lives and I now have a healthy and happy 2.5 year old! I will forever be greatful :)

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2695397].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2015

I read many negative reviews on Dr. Gallagher but I wanted to try him out for myself. I do not regret my decision but I must say what I read was unfortunately true for me as well. In my opinion, Dr Gallagher should be more sensitive to the patients as well as the job at hand. These are special memories and many have the desire to develop some sort of repore with the dr that is to deliver their child(ren). He is very much so needing to lighten up and show more of a personality, a smile perhaps. I personally have many children, I did everything the Dr wanted me to do, even though it was a bit more than I ever had to do before. So I was 34 wks along and needed to do the NST(non stress test). Because my family size of 12 has to share 1 vehicle and I have to deal with a very tight schedule having a big family, I had to reschedule my appt from a mon evening to a sat a.m. appt. That was a huge problem for his staff and himself. None of them cared about my tight schedule. They caused a lot of stress for me and in the end, he dropped me and said I was non compliant and to find another dr. #1 non compliant is if I refused to do the test which I never did. I just simply had to reschedule. #2 ...I am the patient so my appts should be made when it fits my schedule as well as their openings. I feel it's 100% wrong for any Dr to throw such a hissy fit bc a patient cant run their lives solely around his schedule. #3.., if he was so concerned about the well being of my baby, why drop me so late in my pregnancy when everyone knows there's not many drs that will take u when ur that far along. It would've been nice if he just would've said even though I dont recommend u wait 4 days if thats the best you can do, the soonest you can come in then that's fine. I only want the best for my child. I just had NO WAY to come earlier than sat....thanks for the support doc & staff. And by the way, besides having mild gestational diabetes and a high number of kids every test and ultrasound was perfect. There was no reason to be the way he was. So patients beware is all I can say. Best of luck to all future mothers-to-be!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2687530].votes_count ]]

Submitted Jan. 17, 2015

Hello, Anybody have same collection problem with Gallagher's payment company ? I did Pap , I had the invoice after the visit with instructions to send $40 USD check to "bioreference" company, I did same day. I always do scan copies of everything and few weeks ago I get the letter from collection company that I owe Gallagher $100 usd, so I called Gallagher office they was very helpful over the phone promised to fix the mistake and apologized but after few days I get another letter that problem is not resolved, so I requested Gallagher's office to send me everything on writing either by mail or email they promised to do so but almost week past no reply from them. Such payment misleading tactic commonly refereed as a tactical scam schema because many people do not have proof that all paid as should they tried everything but I have proof for everything and I guess many people just pay what they want , count that this company will play games with 100K people per year scamming them for $60 USD this is $600K federal scam, I wondering who else have the same situation with Gallagher's office and his collection company ?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2659757].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 20, 2014

He doesnt know what he is talking about at all. He guesses on what he thinks is wrong. But i knew he was wrong on mine. Run away from this Dr. He is weird.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2583778].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2014

He was recommended by a few moms on fb and I am so happy I chose him. He takes the time to sit and talk with you. He is the only one in his practice, so he might not remember you if your not there everyday, but he is very nice and patient and made sure i completely understood everything he was telling me.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2561803].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2014

Delivered both of my girls and did a over the top job. Great ob. Thanks a million

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2514286].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2014

I am a first time mom and I didn't know where to go and a friend actually recommended him to me and thank goodness she did. The staff is so nice and friendly and Dr. Gallagher is very nice and explains everything to you. He is very honest and doesn't sugar coat things. When I was in delivery he kept me calm and he was actually funny. He really is a great doctor to have :).

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2507105].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2014

The staff is not welcoming, friendly or accommodating. However, if you can stomach dealing with them, you will get an incredibly knowledgable and extremely hard working physician.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2502912].votes_count ]]