Dr. James D. Gallagher

Rate Dr. James D. Gallagher

Dr. James D. Gallagher's Ratings

I am a first time mom and I didn't know where to go and a friend actually recommended him to me and thank goodness she did. The staff is so nice and friendly and Dr. Gallagher is very nice and explains everything to you. He is very honest and doesn't sugar coat things. When I was in delivery he kept me calm and he was actually funny. He really is a great doctor to have :).

Submitted Aug. 20, 2014 | flag

The staff is not welcoming, friendly or accommodating. However, if you can stomach dealing with them, you will get an incredibly knowledgable and extremely hard working physician.

Submitted Aug. 18, 2014 | flag

Dr. Gallagher is a brilliant doctor! He is very professional, thorough, and knows his field(obgyn) very well. The nurses at Mease Countryside Hospital seem to really like and respect him. I know my husband and I do. He takes time to know each patient and their special situation. I appreciate his demeanor and sense of humor. I trust his professional opinion when it comes to my pregnancy. He has kept close eye on me, my baby, and slightly complicated pregnancy. Couldn't ask for better obgyn! James D. Gallagher is the best! His staff is pretty great too.

Submitted Dec. 15, 2013 | flag

Terrible experience. Annual pap I have been experiencing some small cuts down there and asked about those while I was in. Dr. Gallagher has TERRIBLE bed side manner. With every question I asked, I received a long, condescending stare and the answer was always that nothing was wrong. A week later I got a call that there was blood in my urine and I need to come back I go in for a second exam. He tells me that nothing's wrong and I may have herpes. I've been married for 5 years. They call the next week to schedule a urine sample. Again I mention the cuts and that I've also started cramping and spotting. Same answer & stare. They call again to schedule an ultra sound. I go in for 2 ultra sounds and he very rudely explains to me that nothing is wrong and my tests came back and I don't have herpes... Well, no kidding. He wanted to take a biopsy and I decided to leave. My insurance has been billed 6 times and I still have no solution. I'm changing doctors. I would NEVER recommend him.

Submitted Nov. 9, 2013 | flag

I was referred to Dr Gallagher from a friend. She warned me he had a dry personality. I'm glad she did because it took a couple of visits until he warmed up to me and now I think he's the best OB/GYN I've seen to date. There is never a wait, he answers all your questions and continuously asks if you have any more questions. I never made it to the hospital to give birth but have heard the hospital staff says he's the Dr. they would see if they were to get pregnant. I will definitely return to see him in the future and will refer him to anyone who asks. I live in Hudson and it's worth the drive.

Submitted Aug. 3, 2012 | flag

I've been goin to Dr G for several years now. I have also worked w him. He is wonderful and amazing. I moved away but found I'm pregnant and I'm taking the drive to have him be my dr. The receptionist are not always my favorite but dr g is amazing! He sits and Is easy to talk to and makes sure I understand everything. !!

Submitted June 27, 2012 | flag

Dr. Gallagher & his stasff are the best around. Wonderful Doctor, compassionate, understanding and knowledgeable. Great Doctor and staff

Submitted May 2, 2012 | flag

Wonderful care....highly recommend Dr. Gallagher and his staff. He has been my gyn for years, performed my hysterectomy and, after my discharge, called me at home to see how I was doing. He is very thorough and you never feel rushed. Love the dry sense of humor! I know nurses at Mease Hospital give him the highest of recommendations as well. Both of my daughters are patients too, one pregnant with her first baby, and I wouldn't have suggested anyone else to them.

Submitted Feb. 3, 2012 | flag

Dr. Gallagher is the BEST! He delivered my first child and it was the best experience ever. (no complications) I had a wonderful labor and delivery. He is very calm, smart, dry sense of humor but lets loose if you joke with him first. He is very professional and I trust him very much. I'm currently pregnant and due any day with my second baby. This pregnancy started off rough, at 20 weeks my uterus was contracting and he advised me to go on bed rest and some medicine to stop the contractions. (fyi im 26 and in perfect health) I was seeing him 2 times a week and he made sure that the baby and I were fine. I'm now past 40 weeks (hooray) thanks to him. Nothing would of been worse than to deliver a baby at 20 weeks. I trust his decision making 100% I have recommended several women to him. He is by far the BEST Doctor!!! The staff is just as wonderful, after all I got to know them very well when your visits are 2 times a week :)

Submitted Jan. 27, 2012 | flag

LOOK NO FURTHER! DR. GALLAGHER IS AWESOME. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Submitted Dec. 9, 2011 | flag