Rate Dr. PATRICK W. Slater

Dr. PATRICK W. Slater's Ratings

Phenomenal ear doctor! Best in TEXAS! Dr. Patrick Slater answered all of my questions politely. He saw me right away in an emergency! Made me feel really comfortable in what I was dealing with! His staff is knowledgeable and polite, too! Patrick Slater is highly intelligent as evidenced by attending DUKE University! He knew what to do right away when family care and internal medicine doctors did not.

Submitted Aug. 8, 2014 | flag

I suffered with a chronic earache for nearly a decade and had seen many doctors. At times it felt as though my ear was being jabbed with an ice pick! One ENT recommended that I see Dr. Patrick Slater. As usual, I was diagnosed with hearing loss, but Dr. Slater's assistant did something no other ENT had ever done...he actually examined my poor ear. (All other doctors simply performed the hearing test and sent me on my way.) Dr. Slater said I needed surgery to repair my hearing, but I explained could no longer handle the pain. Still, I agreed to the surgery. Afterward, Dr. Slater told me the membrane of my ear should have been smooth, like a paved road. Instead, it was "cobbled." He scraped my ear during the surgery, something he didn't have to do, but did because he recognized it had to be the source of my chronic earache. He surmised it was caused from years of ear infections left untreated. In short, not only was my hearing fully restored, my earache was GONE! Dr. Slater is my hero.

Submitted Jan. 31, 2013 | flag

I had lost my hearing in my right ear,and needed it fixed to stay in my Naval Program.I came home for the procedure and was sent to him in Austin.He did a hearing test and came to the conclusion I needed a Stapedectomy,which is putting a little prosthesis stapes bone in placeof the existing one in my ear.Iwould spend over an hour everytime waiting for my appointment for him to spend 10 minutes with me and come to a conclusion i needed a ridiculous costly procedure to fix my hearing.Well I decided to do it.He failed.My hearing actually declined afterwards,and my Naval career was then over.To my disbelief I was charged over $2,000 for "Surgical Technique"!Are you kidding me?I fully understand the anesthetist charges and others.This one though I could not believe he would even have the audacity to charge me with.He knew he just ruined my career,and had absolutely noremorse.If I were to see him today,he wouldnt even remember my face or how he forever changed my life.My admit date 5/11/11.

Submitted Sept. 6, 2012 | flag

He seems very smart but does not remember or care who you are from visit to visit. He has a very rude bedside manner, talks about his personal life, and is usually very late. He will become argumentative if you ask too many questions and he appears ready to leave your room once he gets there. My father and I both stopped seeing him b/c we were shocked at his strange behavior, inability to remember who we were, and pushiness towards surgery. My last visit he told me to "stop talking" and then said he was upset he couldn't "Cut on" me. He helped my vertigo issues a lot but being around him is very upsetting.

Submitted July 2, 2011 | flag

I did not appreciate how he treated me during my appointment and the fact that he didn't seem to care about my questions. He clearly needed to work on his bedside manner that day. I will not be returning.

Submitted Feb. 7, 2011 | flag

We never dealt with the doctor, just his staff. His nurse was not helpful, rude, and insulting. His audiologist was nice. We could not get our 3 year old daughter's appointments set for outside work, and the nurse was no help to us. We went to a different doctor. We will be spending about $80,000 for cochlear implants, CT scans, and hearing aids, but not with this office. We have 4 children and have dealt with many doctor's offices but this is the first time we have ever been treated like this.

Submitted Nov. 10, 2010 | flag

I live this doctor. He is a good man and good doctor. I highly recommend him.

Submitted Sept. 2, 2010 | flag

Dr.Slater was very pro active in trying to find the source of my tinnitus. (not from hearing loss) He is open to your ideas, and very honest about what he can do. He is one of the best doctors I have seen.

Submitted Sept. 15, 2009 | flag

Personable, intelligent, had a thorough exam, with answers to all my questions. Physician took his time with me.

Submitted July 25, 2008 | flag

Dr Slater has done tubes for both my boys (age 18 mo and 2.5 yrs). He is extremely knowledgeable, doesn't push the surgery as the only solution, good on giving parents choices in his recommendations. Hearing tests are complete and in office. But office waits are HORRIBLE in the afternoons, which is hard on young kids.

Submitted June 19, 2006 | flag