Dr. Michael Tamilia

Dr. Michael Tamilia

Rate Dr. Michael Tamilia

Dr. Michael Tamilia's Ratings

Dr. Tamilia is a great,caring and very knowledgeable. I had thyroid cancer and he was there every step of the way. Answered all my questions and fears. It is 6 yrs later and I am still seeing him. Only downfall is that it is hard to reach his secretary but then again it has nothing to do with him being a great doctor. Thanks for your wonderful care.

Submitted May 8, 2012 | flag

Best doctor, kind, patient, helpful, goodknowledge. He attends me, my husband and daughter in law...we are all very satisfied and won't change him for anything....God bless you Dottore.

Submitted Dec. 28, 2011 | flag

I had a very bad experience with this doctor. I’m waiting, and I hope one day I will have answers to some simple questions that I have in my mind every single day. He and his stuff were very busy and superficial with me. So, I had wrong cure, wrong surgery and so one. I was very ill when I went to consult him. Now I am 2 or 3 times more. Consequences on my health and my life are significant and I have to deal with them for all my life. I was 29 years old. I sued him.

Submitted Dec. 3, 2011 | flag

Horrible experience with this doctor. Long story short, he started me on synthroid I had an overdose reaction to it, and ended up in the emergency room. When I called to tell him he arrogantly told me to get off the meds or stay on it was up to me. What kind of answer is that???I was in a panicked state and I had to make up my own mind. Not a good doctor in my opinion.

Submitted May 10, 2011 | flag

A wonderful doctor and human being. He has been treating me for many years, I recently underwent a biopsy and he called me at home explaining exactly what they found.

Submitted Dec. 10, 2010 | flag

me too i had 1 month prescription and it was insulin!!!! so i called and the nurse told me that it wasnt safe so she asked him another prescription and he did!!!!! this happended in 2002 -2003 and it wwas the last time that i saw him. Now my g.p. renew my insulin once a year. By the way 1 month insulin is not accepted by pharmacists as its too dangerous considering that you cant see specialists every month!!!!!

Submitted Sept. 24, 2009 | flag

this guy was great in the hospital when i had my thyroid out, ever since he has been horrible. his resident haphhazardly told me before he did that my tumor was malignant. he put me on a way too low dosage of synthroid post surgery, which was confirmed by my surgeon. i told dr tamilia a few months after the surgery that i had gained ten pounds and was feeling sluggish and he told me just not to eat. a few months later i see my surgeon and he couldn't believe i wasn't on a higher dosage, was amazed i could even function and immediately upped by dosage by 25%. tamilia's secretary at the JGH is horrible. and if you call two months ahead to cancel/reschedule an appt, she will then sigh and reschedule it for 8 months later and tell you its your fault. he only gave me a month by month prescription first, so i had to fax this secretary two times each month and call and hound to get him to call in a refill.find someone else,i am! i have a high tolerance for drs but he used it all up.

Submitted April 13, 2009 | flag

Very arrogant,no time for patients.Does not care about people only cares for his reaserches.He should be a reasercher and stop seing patients.I understand he sees cancer patients every day and he is used to it,however,my sickness is unique to me and I need the doctors attention.

Submitted Feb. 28, 2009 | flag

So disappointing. I thought he would be great because of all the great feedback on this site, but it was wrong. I went for a biopsy two weeks ago to check a lump on my thyroid. At the appointment he told me that he felt very strongly that I had thyroid cancer but not to jump to conclusions until we have the results. So I waited patiently for two weeks. Yesterday I came home to find a message telling me that the results were negative and that his secretary will call me for a follow up appointment. I got a call from her and she gave me a date for 7 months from now. I asked if I could speak to him or see him sooner as i had some unanswered questions about my results. She said that she will ask him, but called me back to tell me that he said that everything is ok and that I should just see him in 7 mths from now. I have no idea what the lump on my neck is because he will not take the time to see me or call me again before my appointment in 7 mths. I am going for a second opinion.

Submitted Feb. 18, 2009 | flag

I hate this doctor.My doctor had to transfer my file to him because she was leaving for a year. Because I was not he patientHe was not intrested in me.I had to undergo radiation and he forgot to book the appointment and finally when he gave me my appointment for radiation,he made sure it is around the time when my own doctor comes back so I won't be his problem any more.I had mjor depression due to my cancer and he did not care to know about it or send me to a specialist.I was also hypothyroid but there was no follow up.I had to find another endocrinologist who followed me and sent me for blood test every 8 weeks and adjusted my medication.Sure he has lots of knowledge and when you see him,he is very soft spocken,but the reality is that he cares more about his researches than his patients.

Submitted Nov. 26, 2008 | flag