Rate Dr. Robert Peeling

Dr. Robert Peeling's Ratings

Our family has gone to Dr. Peeling for over 25 years. In our opinion, he is the best Dentist in the Burlington area.

Submitted Sept. 7, 2014 | flag

I too am quite surprised to see any bad comments. I have been going to dr. Peeling for 14 years and have had fillings, crowns, an implant being done all without any incidents or problems after. 4 years ago I moved to a different city, 50 km away, and I chose to continue to go to dr.Peeling. I recommend him to everyone that is looking for a good dentist. I'd also like to mention the way he administers needles because he has a technique that I haven't experienced with other dentists. Dr. Peeling I hope you teach that technique to students or young dentists so others can benefit from it once you retire.

Submitted July 3, 2014 | flag

I have been seeing Dr Peeling since he first opened his practice, and so have my family and extended family. It will be a sad day if he ever retires! His staff is wonderful, always smiling and most have been with him for years and years, which indicates to me that they are happy there. I was surprised to read any negative comments! I have unfortunately had to have a lot of dental work over the years (missing teeth, root canal...) and it's always a positive experience. One of my children is a very very anxious patient (even when it's just a cleaning) and hyper-sensitive to pain and they have always been kind and calm with her and done their very best to help her through each appointment.

Submitted May 22, 2014 | flag

A very good dentist except with children that are afraid/nervous. My daughter asked why he had to do something and he walked out of the room telling me that he couldn't deal with her. Sent me to an extremely expensive children's specialist. Changed dentist for the sake of my children and they are much happier now.

Submitted March 13, 2014 | flag

Dr. Peeling is fantastic. I've moved cities a couple times and refuse to get another Dentist - I'll travel to Burlington from anywhere to keep Dr. Peeling. His staff are wonderful too. Going to the Dentist isn't always fun, but Dr. Peeling and his team make it as good as it can possibly be!

Submitted March 30, 2013 | flag

Dr. Peeling should eat some humble pie, as his staff really does make his practice. I have been going to him for years and on more then one occasion I have noticed that he talks down to his support staff. He is very abrupt in manner, never around to answer any questions and never explains the procedure to you or tells you what he is doing. His staff answers all the questions and gets him to come back into the room to smooth a rough spot on the tooth. He just looks annoyed, shrugs his shoulders and shakes his head (perhaps he's not aware that the patient can see him in the reflection of the big windows) He was also very rude to my 5 year old daughter who was crying and afraid of him. He kicked her out and made us take her to a specialist. Coincidently we had no problems at the specialist office at all.

Submitted Jan. 4, 2013 | flag

Dr.Peeling and his staff have, by far, the best dental services in our area.I have been going to him for years, and had the pleasure of referring others, who are equally as pleased. I have had many dentists over the years, and have found the best. I consider myself lucky to have such an accomplished team for my dental needs. So pleased my old dentist referred me to him.

Submitted Oct. 14, 2012 | flag

Dr. Peeling and his staff are like wonderful family. I have two sons who live out of town and i never know when they will be in,but the staff take them despite their busy schedule. I am very grateful for all the 20 years of outstanding care. All the referrals Dr. Peeling has sent us to are the best. One very experienced dental surgeon told me that my dentist, Dr. Peeling, was the best in Ontario and probably one of the very best in the country. I love the painless treatment, the accommodations, the personalization and the friendliness. I also appreciate the way they coordinate with my insurance. I am so fortunate to have the best dentist. Thanks Dr. Peeling and staff!

Submitted Aug. 2, 2011 | flag

Was referred to him by my Periodontist to have the tooth part of my implant put in. Dr. Peeling was unfriendly and very aggressive in manner. He managed to split my gum open because of the excessive force he was using, and never even mentioned it...just walked out of the room afterwards. I felt no connection or care from him, hence why I never went back to him. His staff and hygenists are wonderful though!

Submitted April 11, 2011 | flag

I've been going to Dr. Peeling for about 8 years. My children and spouse have also been going to him, with no complaints until my last visit... and now I'm not sure if I want to return. I had a filling that had to be done, and he inserted the needle for the freezing but I noticed that some of it was going down my throat. I told Dr. Peeling of this and he allowed me to 'rinse' (so he was aware). To make a long story short, the freezing never happened and he drilled anyhow. As he was drilling I jumped a few times as he hit the tooth nerve. Rather than stopping the procedure and refreezing the tooth, he continued. I didn't say anything probably because I didn't know what to do. I left the office in tears. I'm not sure why he continued the procedure when it was clear that the freezing didn't take (he missed the gum). He does not use special optical glasses that many dentists use, maybe he should. In any case, not sure if I'll return but his staff is good and very welcoming.

Submitted Feb. 7, 2011 | flag