Dr. William B. Ruderman

Grad. Year: 1977

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 19 reviews. Dr. William B. Ruderman has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Gastroenterologist-related: Crohn's disease, irritable bowel syndrome, GI cancer, bowel disease, stomach, intestines, bowels and other structures, such as the liver, gall bladder, pancreas and esophagus, and focus on maladies that include ulcers, jaundice, colitis, hepatitis, cancer, eating disorders, GIST
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5488227
21/05/14 4 5 5 5 I have been seeing gastroenterologists for the past 20+ years ever since I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease in my teens. Dr. Ruderman is one of the best; he is knowledgeable and always very patient and understanding. He takes the time to listen to you and will answer and explain any questions you have.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 5436100
30/04/14 3 1 1 3 Called with abdominal pain and bloating. Told he was going on vacation and did not refer to his office partner MDs, so was not able to be seen. Told to come in 6 days later when he was back in the office.  Respond

11/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.7

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "William" to "William B."
RID: 1690967
18/01/12 4 5 5 5 I've been a patient of this doctor for many years now, and I really never would consider going to anyone else. He is extremely knowledgeable, kind, friendly, very helpful ~ overall, a very pleasant person and a doctor with great bedside manner. (I don't understand some of the negative comments here ~ are we actually rating the same person??? Wow! Incredible! I've never met a nicer doctor!)
RID: 1508409
09/08/11 5 4 5 5 This doctor is truly a great doctor, and wonderful human being. He's the only that took his time and showed that he cares.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1492873
21/07/11 4 4 5 5 I am not one to usually write reviews but I felt compelled after visiting with Dr. Ruderman. I found Dr. Ruderman by recommendations on this website and several others. The staff was pleasant and actually called me before my appointment and said that someone had cancelled and that I could come in earlier if I wanted. They were very prompt about taking me in for the pre-assement. It took about 10 mins after that to see Dr. Ruderman. Dr. Ruderman could not be nicer and more knowledgeable and had a very pleasant bedside manner. Dr. Ruderman spent about 10-15 minutes with me and took the time to understand my concerns and offer some insight to the issues I was having. That is a rarity today. Most of the time you are lucky if you get to see the doctor for more than 2 minutes. I would highly recommend Dr. Ruderman.
RID: 1449233
25/05/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Ruderman was in a medical journal I just happened to pick up at another office. The artical asked 100 docotrs for there recommendations on several different fields of medicine. Dr. Ruderman won hands down. He has been my doctor for 10 years and it has been 5 years since I last saw him. I now live out of the Orlando area and am going to drive 2 hours to go back and see him again for another new problem I am having. I have always found him to be knowledgable, kind and helpful.
RID: 1247636
10/09/10 5 4 5 5 he is kind, accurate with his diagnosis AND has an amazing PA who is extremely knowledgable and kind as well - for a very busy place, the service is attentive - wouldn't go anywhere else
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1185524
08/06/10 5 5 5 5 hes an awsome dr and his staff in the front and back are GREAT very caring place u are in good hands with this dr>!!!
RID: 872662
28/04/09 1 1 5 5 His staff is where our health system is heading. They are Goverment workers in tranning. no eye contact...The next person will help you....It's my break time....all the regular reason why you cant be looked at and helped......Then when you say something or ask for help, It is even worse. They say they want to help and don't....they say they are health care givers and are really into there own world of putting in hours and you just happend to be someone in there way..waited 1 hour for a check up...no one knew why??....then was left in a waiting room for a follow up appt. and no one was there no one cares....So, we might as well move on tho Goverment Health care and i know where the perfect staff is for it!!!
RID: 804833
03/03/09 5 3 5 5 Dr. Ruderman was very kind and patient with my elderly father. Great personality and even joked with my Dad. Put him totally at ease.
RID: 782603
05/02/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Ruderman is fantastic, he is knowledgeable, patient, and from the first day I met him I was impressed and I would recommend him to anyone with gastro. problems ecspecially Crohn's disease.
RID: 752855
31/12/08 3 2 2 3 I have had to procedures done at his office and both times they billed my insurance wrong. It was a nightmare trying to clear up everything. He is always in a rush and the last time I was in his office, he left the room before I could tell him the problems that I was having and I had to stop him in the hallway to get him to listen.  Respond
RID: 692723
29/09/08 5 3 1 3 Dr Ruderman was on call for Dr Ilagon when I had situation and needed to go to ER...what a rude, waste of time talking to him. He didn't want to help me at all, in fact, told me there was nothing he could do for me. Ended up being admitted to hospital with bad stomach infection by another doctor...  Respond
RID: 629063
02/07/08 5 5 5 5 I love Dr. Ruderman; he's amazing! I have been struggling with digestive problems all my life, and after spending 20 minutes with him, he was able to tell me what my problem was and get me on the right medication. He spent time talking with me, actually going over my history, and was obviously concerned that I get the treatment I need. I would highly recommend this doctor to anyone looking for a GI in the Orlando area -- I'm sure he's one of the best!
RID: 488357
19/01/08 4 5 5 5 Having had ulcerative colitis since age 17 (I am now 63), I have had several gastroenterologists, both in Ohio and in Florida. Dr. Ruderman is, by far, the best GI I have had. His "bedside manner" is wonderful-he is enthusiastic and encouraging, and takes the time to actually talk during a visit. He is easy to talk to, and does what is necessary to control my disease, using the least invasive methods. When I leave his office, I am always encouraged. I would not hesitate to recommend him!  Respond
RID: 391426
24/08/07 5 5 5 5 Excellent - Third doctor I went to for may problem and correct within two days. This was after spending a week in the howpital under one doctor and another telling me there was nothing wrong.
RID: 357504
01/07/07 5 5 5 5 MOVED TO ORLANDO RECENTLY AND MY DOCTOR IN NEW YORK REFERED ME TO DOCTOR RUDERMAN. I HAVE FOUND HIM AMD HIS STAFF TO BE VERY HELPFUL.
RID: 127951
05/02/07 5 5 5 I really like Dr. Ruderman. I had another GI and he was dismal, but Dr. Ruderman is the total opposite. He is very helpful when I ask questions, especially as we try bunches of new meds and treatments. He always seems to spend no less than 15-25 minutes in the room wtih you, which I think is rare. He also always returns your calls (him personally, not his nurses!) and he always calls to go over test results at a time when you're home... once he called at 9 at night!
Paid (or co-pay): $25
RID: 56576
16/11/06 3 1 3 This doctor's knowledge and punctuality becomes immaterial in light of his dismal personality. He has the wit and charm of a mortician, and has no regard for a patient's psychological/emotional complex. He has a huge ego and takes affront to intelligent questions or patient resistance to inadequately explained treatments. A man who rapidly loses tolerance for medicated patients who struggle to keep up with his one time explanations. He bluntly informs patients with insurance problems that they are a problem for him. All things equal, please avoid this man if you can find equally / better qualified GI specialists elsewhere.  See Responses