You may also like

Rate Dr. Gary T. Tanouye

Dr. Gary T. Tanouye's Ratings

Be warned:
Dr. Tanouye has been my GP for about 15 yrs years and I consider him to be a reasonably good "gp doctor"... but that's as far as it goes. Having said that I cannot imagine a more disingenuous, incompetent, and rude office staff that he employes. His office staff, in particular his assistant, Dana, is rude, and uncooperative. A year ago while getting my annual physical I reviewed my medical records while he was out of the room for a moment and discovered my medical records were co-mingled with another patient's med records and brought it to Dr. Tanouye's attention. He appeared a bit unsurprised as if it were commonplace. What? Are you kidding me?
Also, I had a complete physical 4 weeks ago by Tanouye and have personally requested my lab results (blood tests, ekg, etc) be sent to me via email or postal service 3 separate times and my request have gone completely ignored. I believe her behavior to be deliberately designed to reflect poorly on Dr, Tanouye which of course it does. After all Dr. Tanouye is her boss and it appears to me he couldn't care less about the complaints he receives from his patients complaints about this situation or with his "assistant", Dana, which are clearly abundant as can be seen in the many negative reviews listed here on this site about her and his staff in general. What a messy situation this is. Be advised.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2842146].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

I have been going to Dr. Tanouye for many years and from the very begging he made me feel as I was the only patient he had, his attentive, caring and alwasy calls me to check up on me! I wouldn't want to be seen or prescribed by any other Dr.!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1897104].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 1, 2013

Office staff is very rude. Dr is out of touch. Dr. has no idea how poorly his office is being run. Do not recommend.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1897103].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 20, 2011

The office staff is rude, disrespectful, unwilling, appalling. Dr. Tanouye doesn't keep up with my chart. He reads it in the room and can't remember my history from one visit to the next. I am fed up and won't go back.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1897102].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2010

Dr. Tanouye is a nice guy, but out of touch with his staff. His secretary is rude and very un helpful. The office manager is rude as well. I have often been offended by his secretary.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1897101].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2010

Dr Gary Tanouye is caring and knowledgable. He calls nights and weekends with test results. VExcellent care

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1897100].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 25, 2010

Always follows through. Conscientious, friendly, and very capable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1897099].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

He is the best doctor, very kind and very attentive. He does not rush you out the door. This doctor has good qualities.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1897098].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2008

Dr. Tanouye has been my dr for many years and he is an excellent doctor. He is also kind, caring, and attentive.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1897097].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 4, 2008

The doctor is not up to date on procedures stating the MRI cannot detect prostate cancers, and when I requested certain tests he refused to order them.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1897096].votes_count ]]