Rate Dr. Steven Vale

Dr. Steven Vale's Ratings

This is a decision not to be taken lightly. That's why I am SO very glad I chose Dr. Steven Vale at Acuity for my laser vision procedure. I live in the Poconos, and my longtime eye doctor, Dr. Kislan really steered me wrong. He works with Dr. Frank Bucci, so he tried to get to go to him for LASIK. I went there for a consult, but they wanted $5,000 for LASIK! I went to Dr. Vale's office at ACUITY IN BETHLEHEM. What a difference! I met Lori, the counselor there and she went over the whole procedure with me. They were running a SPECIAL, so I was able to get LASIK quoted at $1099 per eye! After meeting Dr. Vale I actually decided to have epilasik, because I work in law enforcement and Dr. Vale explained it would be better not to have a lasik flap. Still, with the epilasik and the special price, i was able to have my surgery for $1499 per eye. AND epilasik is a better and more advanced procedure. My vision at the one month examination was 20/15 in BOTH EYES!

Submitted July 31, 2014 | flag

Great doctor! He fixed my vision to better than 20/20 in less than 10 minutes. I threw away the glasses. Don't go anywhere else for LASIK!

Submitted July 15, 2014 | flag

My girlfriend went blind in one eye after his treatment. I fear for anyone's vision who is planing on seeing Dr. Vale.

Submitted July 25, 2013

As a registered nurse seeking laser vision correction, I was looking for a surgeon with clinical expertise, a proven track record, and excellent pre-operative, peri-operative and post-operative care. I found all of this and more in Dr. Vale and his staff at Acuity Laser Vision, including Dr. Helen and Dolores at the Bethlehem office. From my first visit and all the way through to my follow-up, I was continually impressed. I knew I had found the right place during my first examination; the exam was thorough and from that moment on I knew Acuity Laser Vision took this procedure, my health and my recovery seriously. During each visit and during surgery, the staff was never rushed. They always took the time for me. I was nervous the day of the procedure and they took time to help calm my nerves. The procedure itself was seamless. Seriously, as an emergency department nurse for ten years, I know the importance of follow-up care and how critical it is to lead to good outcomes.

Submitted Jan. 24, 2012 | flag

Very satisfied with Dr. Vale and Acuity. Happy to no longer need glasses after he performed PRK. Excellent value, well worth the price. Follow-up exams included in cost of procedure. Appointments always on time.

Submitted May 18, 2011 | flag

The total experience at Dr. Vale's facility in Bethlehem PA has been excellent, from the initial consultation, pre-op session, surgery day and follow up visits. Dr. Vale and his associate Dr.Chandoha have answered all my questions and have afforded me all the time necessary to feel comfortable with my Laser Surgery. I've had a fantasy for my whole life of waking up in the morning and being able to see what time its; well now I can thanks to Dr. Vale and his staff. Additionally, the entire process was very affordable.

Submitted Dec. 14, 2010 | flag

I was quoted some crazy prices for lasik. One doctor in Wilkes-Barre told me I needed a lens implant because I was farsighted. He said it would cost over $4000 per eye.That turned out to be BS and I had lasik by Dr. Vale at Acuity. For under $1,600 I GOT BOTH EYES DONE! Now I see great and don’t need glasses even to read. I am 51 years old and read without glasses! You can’t possibly find a better price or a more qualified eye laser doctor if you tried. Even guys in NYC and Philadelphia don’t do as much laser eye surgery as this place does. Go to Acuity Laser Eye and vision Center for your Laser Vision surgery. You will be so happy you did.

Submitted Feb. 14, 2010 | flag

i see better now than with glasses. I wanted a chance at better vision and I got it. Thank you doctor Vale

Submitted March 1, 2009 | flag