You may also like

Rate Dr. Coby Demkiw-Bartel

Dr. Coby Demkiw-Bartel's Ratings

SHE IS THE WORST, SHE ONLY WANTS YOU TO BUY THE $300 SINK CARE PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!! WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND HER!!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2705164].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2015

This Doctor borders on being negligent. When I went to her she told me that she had been pursuing becoming a Dermatologist so she was so knowledgeable about skin issues. She sold me $300 worth of products very quickly. I used a facial mask (Alryia) and the skin peeled so deeply off my nose and around my mouth that it was just raw and so once it began to heal, caused lumpy skin and large pores. I was absolutely mortified. I went to another clinic for their opinion as I had taken my son there and had good results, and the lady there said I think you have staff infection there and you need to go back to your doctor to see if she'll give you antibiotics. I went back to Dr. Demkiw-Bartel and she just said no, you don't have staff infection, but I'll sell you more products to clear up this problem as "I can see that your skin went lumpy", those were her words.. I was desperate and she assured me it would work. So $600 later!! I walked out of the clinic very hopeful and much lighter in the pocket. I tried three of the items that I felt were less strong...in other words something that wasn't going to peel my entire face, and I had problems with each one of them...one turned my skin orange and my husband noticed it too. So I went back about 1 month later and told her I'd like to return the unused items and get back at least $375 for those items never opened. She then informed me that they don't take any items back and that Alyria will not take them back either!! Never any mention of this when they were selling me the products. These items were not ordered specially for me so they could have just gone back on her shelf as they were in perfect condition and untouched. I was very unhappy and I told her that this had ruined my skin and that I wanted to go and see a Dermatologist. She typed quickly and made it look like she was sending a referral to a Dermatologist. So I contacted the Dermatologist after about 4 months and they couldn't tell me if they had a referral but said it could take 7 months to get a call. I never did get a call so began to realize that the Doc had not sent in a referral. So I contacted her office in Nov. and she was on holidays but they'd call me back. No call back, so I called again. Then her "new" assistance checked with the Doctor and said that "she did not send in a referral to a dermatologist because she didn't think that that's what I needed". It was very evident at that time that she just didn't want a Dermatologist seeing the mess she had mad of my skin plus him finding out that it cost me $1000 for her to do this to me! I only saw her about 3 times ever but she was always extremely rushed and just wanted to shove you back out the door. As far as I can see, she's only in it for the money and not for the actual care of the person. I went to the Mediclinic today and right away they did a referral to a Dermatologist...thank God. Unfortunately I'll probably have to wait quite a few months to get in. Please think twice...or three times about using this Doctor. I may have these lumps and scars for the rest of my life because I went to see her, and she bled me of $1000 to boot!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2704466].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 31, 2015

WORST DOCTOR EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2660936].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 22, 2014

Has become a very poor doctor. Over time she has become rushed and unconcerned about the patient in front of her. Myself and my daughters used to be her patients but she misdiagnosed my one daughters ear infection despite her having lifelong ear issues - twice we ended up in emergency to get treatment. My other daughter injured herself in a hockey incident. Dr. told her not to worry about her knee that it was fine. We ended up in the hospital that night due to pain - my daughter had a torn ACL!!! The emergency doctor was shocked over our earlier Dr. visit! When we went in for a check up and physio referral she actually yelled at my daughter for using a knee brace and crutches! She calmed down when I told her we told the emergency Dr. about her and that he was appalled by her diagnosis and lack of care. She reluctantly gave us a physio referral. Too many other little incidents to mention here but I happy not to ever see her again considering the damage she could have done!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2484574].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

My family has been visiting Dr Bartel for the past 4-5 years. We were initially happy with her service and glad to find a family doctor so close to home. Over time, as stated in many of the other reviews, the level of attention and perceived interest began to diminish. Appointments began to feel rushed, diagnoses began to lean more heavily towards prescription drugs and less towards any investigative medical work. Sadly, one can feel a distinct difference in the level of service received in comparison to patients who are also customers of her side gig of selling skin care products. We are unfortunately now searching for a new family doctor. It's disappointing considering the amount of time invested in Dr Bartel, by our family. To feel the need to start fresh with a new physician is not something that anybody wants to feel the need to do at this point in our lives.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1898046].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 6, 2013

She seemed nice at first but she prescribed me 200$ worth of lotions for a skin problem. These lotions are sold at her clinic but not covered by insurance, so after talking to my insurance company I returned them, unopened the next day. I asked the receptionist from the start if they would be covered, and she said they might be. That is the only reason I decided to purchase them, because I assumed my insurance would cover them. Dr Bartel was very rude and unhappy that I was returning them, and made it seem like I was being unreasonable because I couldn't afford 3 lotions that cost me almost 200$. I had to go back to the clinic three times in order to get my money back, and all three times was treated very poorly. I am not happy with the level of professionalism that was used. I highly recommend finding a different doctor. I have never had a worse experience in the health care system in my whole life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1898016].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2013

I have originally made a great review on here for Dr.DB...since then my opinions have changed. I originally felt she was a great dr, compassionate etc..but now realize that if you do not do things "her way" you will be sh*t on for it. Today as I visited with my newborn baby for her to check on she proceeded to be rude and cold because of my labor/delivery choices. I will be finding a new family dr tomorrow. I know it is not her job to be my friend nor have i ever expected that, I have always liked her to the point methods, but to treat me like crap because of choosing my own way to labor/deliver it has completely changed her attitude towards me. Even Carma looked uncomfortable with the way she was acting. Good job Dr.DB I will not be seeing you again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1898009].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 7, 2013

I have been seeing DB for 7 years. The care was never really great but tolerable, that is until I had children. She is always rushed, never remembers you or any of my family of (4) I recently had my second baby & used a midwife, her response to this was cold & clearly unimpressed. She also wanted me to double up my appointments seeing her and my midwife through my entire preg. Clearly she wants the $ She was also rude to the midwives and when I took my newborn in to see her WOW was she cold. I was also suffering fr some post p, and had HUGE issues with my breasts. She was so insensitive because she knew I was seeking the help of the midwives and lact. const. for help. She needs to step out of her bubble. I have also been charged 4 missed appoint's that were not confirmed, charged for Dr notes for benefits, charged for medical records. And she also has zero kindness for busy toddlers, ur expected 2 wait then she snaps at them 4 touching her things. My family & r through! RUN

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1898015].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2012

Very insensitive doctor. Although she was my family doctor, I had to be a walking patient and see any other doctor than her. I can't go to details, it is too personal. I became a member here just to write this note, and maybe I will never come and check again. Any other doctor will be better choice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1898014].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2012

First off, Carma, Dr. DB's receptionist, is wonderful. She's always willing to help me out in a professional manner. When I've been unsure of whether or not I should see the doctor, Carma has been there for me with great advice. Secondly, yes, Dr. DB is into her facial products, but she has never once pushed it on me, in fact, she's never even ever mentioned it to me. It's a non issue. Thirdly, Dr. DB is a very knowledgeable doctor. She started off as Med Lab Tech, studied to become a pharmacist and is now a doctor who specializes in family medicine. She knows her stuff! Yes she's not all warm and fuzzy, but she has sat there and listened to me while I've cried. Yes, she asks that you bring one problem to each appointment (rather than "save" them up) but that's a problem with SK medical care not Dr. DB. All four members of my family attend Dr. DB's practise and she knows who we are. A few of my friends also use her and they think she's great too.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1898013].votes_count ]]