Rate Dr. Coby Demkiw-Bartel

Dr. Coby Demkiw-Bartel's Ratings

Has become a very poor doctor. Over time she has become rushed and unconcerned about the patient in front of her. Myself and my daughters used to be her patients but she misdiagnosed my one daughters ear infection despite her having lifelong ear issues - twice we ended up in emergency to get treatment. My other daughter injured herself in a hockey incident. Dr. told her not to worry about her knee that it was fine. We ended up in the hospital that night due to pain - my daughter had a torn ACL!!! The emergency doctor was shocked over our earlier Dr. visit! When we went in for a check up and physio referral she actually yelled at my daughter for using a knee brace and crutches! She calmed down when I told her we told the emergency Dr. about her and that he was appalled by her diagnosis and lack of care. She reluctantly gave us a physio referral. Too many other little incidents to mention here but I happy not to ever see her again considering the damage she could have done!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2484574].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

My family has been visiting Dr Bartel for the past 4-5 years. We were initially happy with her service and glad to find a family doctor so close to home. Over time, as stated in many of the other reviews, the level of attention and perceived interest began to diminish. Appointments began to feel rushed, diagnoses began to lean more heavily towards prescription drugs and less towards any investigative medical work. Sadly, one can feel a distinct difference in the level of service received in comparison to patients who are also customers of her side gig of selling skin care products. We are unfortunately now searching for a new family doctor. It's disappointing considering the amount of time invested in Dr Bartel, by our family. To feel the need to start fresh with a new physician is not something that anybody wants to feel the need to do at this point in our lives.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1898046].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 6, 2013

She seemed nice at first but she prescribed me 200$ worth of lotions for a skin problem. These lotions are sold at her clinic but not covered by insurance, so after talking to my insurance company I returned them, unopened the next day. I asked the receptionist from the start if they would be covered, and she said they might be. That is the only reason I decided to purchase them, because I assumed my insurance would cover them. Dr Bartel was very rude and unhappy that I was returning them, and made it seem like I was being unreasonable because I couldn't afford 3 lotions that cost me almost 200$. I had to go back to the clinic three times in order to get my money back, and all three times was treated very poorly. I am not happy with the level of professionalism that was used. I highly recommend finding a different doctor. I have never had a worse experience in the health care system in my whole life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1898016].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2013

I have originally made a great review on here for Dr.DB...since then my opinions have changed. I originally felt she was a great dr, compassionate etc..but now realize that if you do not do things "her way" you will be sh*t on for it. Today as I visited with my newborn baby for her to check on she proceeded to be rude and cold because of my labor/delivery choices. I will be finding a new family dr tomorrow. I know it is not her job to be my friend nor have i ever expected that, I have always liked her to the point methods, but to treat me like crap because of choosing my own way to labor/deliver it has completely changed her attitude towards me. Even Carma looked uncomfortable with the way she was acting. Good job Dr.DB I will not be seeing you again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1898009].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 7, 2013

I have been seeing DB for 7 years. The care was never really great but tolerable, that is until I had children. She is always rushed, never remembers you or any of my family of (4) I recently had my second baby & used a midwife, her response to this was cold & clearly unimpressed. She also wanted me to double up my appointments seeing her and my midwife through my entire preg. Clearly she wants the $ She was also rude to the midwives and when I took my newborn in to see her WOW was she cold. I was also suffering fr some post p, and had HUGE issues with my breasts. She was so insensitive because she knew I was seeking the help of the midwives and lact. const. for help. She needs to step out of her bubble. I have also been charged 4 missed appoint's that were not confirmed, charged for Dr notes for benefits, charged for medical records. And she also has zero kindness for busy toddlers, ur expected 2 wait then she snaps at them 4 touching her things. My family & r through! RUN

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1898015].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2012

Very insensitive doctor. Although she was my family doctor, I had to be a walking patient and see any other doctor than her. I can't go to details, it is too personal. I became a member here just to write this note, and maybe I will never come and check again. Any other doctor will be better choice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1898014].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2012

First off, Carma, Dr. DB's receptionist, is wonderful. She's always willing to help me out in a professional manner. When I've been unsure of whether or not I should see the doctor, Carma has been there for me with great advice. Secondly, yes, Dr. DB is into her facial products, but she has never once pushed it on me, in fact, she's never even ever mentioned it to me. It's a non issue. Thirdly, Dr. DB is a very knowledgeable doctor. She started off as Med Lab Tech, studied to become a pharmacist and is now a doctor who specializes in family medicine. She knows her stuff! Yes she's not all warm and fuzzy, but she has sat there and listened to me while I've cried. Yes, she asks that you bring one problem to each appointment (rather than "save" them up) but that's a problem with SK medical care not Dr. DB. All four members of my family attend Dr. DB's practise and she knows who we are. A few of my friends also use her and they think she's great too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1898013].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2012

I am suprised by these comments - I go to the doctor for a reason, not to visit. She is a doctor not your friend. DR.DB is impressive with her dillegence to get to the root of the problem & if she is unsure never hesitates to refer a specialist & sends all applicable tests along to the specialist so they do not have to be redone. I highly recommend Dr.DB to anyone who is concerned about their health with specific problems not someone looking to visit with the doctor about random concerns. I appreciate that she uses an electronic system that keeps all my records on file so they can be easily e-mailed or re-examined if need be and completely accessible without pages being lost or photocopied. I think she provides excellent care as a doctor and really provides answers to my concerns.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1898012].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2011

It took me 2 visits to Dr.Demkiw-Bartel, and wish I never would have made them. Her receptionist is only there to answer her cell phone, and take her more important calls. If your a family physician, then why is this office full of facial products? I just found a horrible feeling in this office, and wish I would have followed the ratings for her listed on this site. I was very desperate for a family doctor, I dont feel I have that at all. The atmosphere is cold, sterile and not helpful at all. Will not be returning to this doctor at all and would suggest you stay away.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1898045].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 30, 2011

I have been with Dr. DB for 3 or 4 years, and put up with her always rushing me out, only ever talking about 1 problem, even though I have to get off from work, unpaid, and drive all the way across the city to get there, but today I seriously had enough. I saw the dr. today for a minor concern and a major concern, she dealt with the minor concern fabulously, and when it came to the major concern said "it's probably polycystic ovaries" I said, "ok, well how do we deal with this, because my husband and I want to get pregnant" and she replied "we'll talk about this next time." I googled this when I got home, only to find that a major thing for this is infertility...I was shocked and terrified. Am I infertile???? What a way to start wondering if you can have children! I feel so incredulous that she would say that and nothing more! Suffice it to say that I made an appointment with a new doctor as soon as I got home. I am finished with Dr. DB.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1898011].votes_count ]]