Rate Dr. David A. Cummings

Dr. David A. Cummings's Ratings

I've been to Dr. Cummings several times. He listen and care about your health. There are doctors that don't show the concerns as he does. Very good doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2737906].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2015

I saw Dr. Cummings for more than a year. At first I thought he was okay. I have had serious health problems for my age. At the age of 36 I had a heart attack. Then I was diagnosed with asthma. I have severe anxiety. After going there for some time....you will begin to realize how unprofessional and impolite they actually are. They are incompetent. My husband saw him one time and was charged for blood work when none was taken. Insurance fraud. Check your bills. This place is so shady that they write you a hand written receipt and do not accept credit or debit cards. All of these other people giving good reviews probably like prescriptions. He is good for writing those, but good luck getting a refill. He only cares about himself. He is not concerned about you and your welfare. The staff is rude....the waiting room is messy and unpleasant....he does not check anything thoroughly or appropriately. I have been given so many pap smears it's ridiculous, but it wasn't taken properly so I was supposed to go back and get another one. This doctor is incompetent. Do yourself and your health a favor and find a real PCP that will actually help you. I would give 0 stars if possible. I was mistreated.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2677902].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2015

This Dr. has a problem filling a RX. My husband has been on some of his RX for years, but he still refused to give him any refills. Has to come every 3 mts just to get him to refill.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2672046].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 5, 2015

Very incompetent. Staff very unprofessional. They berate you and talk down to you. He does not take the time to get his facts straight. do no recommend this Dr. to anyone who wishes to actually get help,

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2618458].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 13, 2014

I was very sick and I called everywhere in Roanoke to find a Dr that would work me in. Finally I called Southwest Medical Clinic and ask if there was anyway they could work me in, they said YES we can you can come in now. I couldn't believe it. So I go, the staff was very nice and Dr. Cummings was great, he listened to all my problems and made me feel like he really cared. I will definitely make Dr. Cummings my primary care dr. I highly recommend him to everyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2142509].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 1, 2013

I WENT TO SEE DR.CUMMINGS FOR THE FIRST TIME, I WAS SCARED AND NERVOUS BECAUSE I HADNT BEEN TO THE DR. IN YEARS. HIS STAFF WAS VERY NICE AND MADE ME FEEL VERY COMFORTABLE THEN I MET DR.CUMMINGS HE MADE ME LAUGH AND MADE ME FEEL GOOD. I HAD BEEN SICK FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS WITH A COUGH, HE DID A CHEST XRAY AND FOUND THAT I HAD LUNG CANCER. THIS MAN SAVED MY LIFE. HE WILL BE MY DR. FOR LIFE.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2142508].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2011

I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH THESE COMMENTS, I HAVE BEEN GOING TO SEE DR. CUMMINGS FOR OVER 13 YEARS AND HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN HELPFUL AND DIAGNOSED ALL OF MY PROBLEMS AND SAVED MY MOTHERS LIFE. I RECOMMEND DR.CUMMINGS TO EVERYBODY. HE IS THE BEST DR. IN THE WORLD.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2142507].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 27, 2011

I went to him for about 15 years and there were some times where he was helpful. There were also visits where I didn't feel he barely spent time on issues that could have been serious and shrugged them off. I'm a female and the "icing on the cake" was a tap/grab on my butt.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2142506].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 20, 2011

I have been going to Dr.Cummings for at least 13 years.Great sense of humor seems to make me laugh when i feel bad.Lets my husband come back and ask questions unlike Dr.Joiner. Women can feel at ease with him.Devoted Doctor and family guy. Has x ray machine in office so he pretty much can do it all which saves so much time.I suffer from migraines and he can always fit me in his schedule you just might have to wait just a little.What Doctor can you call and say I'm really sick and he fits you in that same day or the next.None.Great Doctor. C.D.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2142505].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 4, 2010

Moody guy! Over worked and over scheduled. Females beware - this man can give inappropriate gestures although wife works in the office.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2142504].votes_count ]]