Rate Dr. David A. Cummings

Dr. David A. Cummings's Ratings

I was very sick and I called everywhere in Roanoke to find a Dr that would work me in. Finally I called Southwest Medical Clinic and ask if there was anyway they could work me in, they said YES we can you can come in now. I couldn't believe it. So I go, the staff was very nice and Dr. Cummings was great, he listened to all my problems and made me feel like he really cared. I will definitely make Dr. Cummings my primary care dr. I highly recommend him to everyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2142509].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 1, 2013

I WENT TO SEE DR.CUMMINGS FOR THE FIRST TIME, I WAS SCARED AND NERVOUS BECAUSE I HADNT BEEN TO THE DR. IN YEARS. HIS STAFF WAS VERY NICE AND MADE ME FEEL VERY COMFORTABLE THEN I MET DR.CUMMINGS HE MADE ME LAUGH AND MADE ME FEEL GOOD. I HAD BEEN SICK FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS WITH A COUGH, HE DID A CHEST XRAY AND FOUND THAT I HAD LUNG CANCER. THIS MAN SAVED MY LIFE. HE WILL BE MY DR. FOR LIFE.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2142508].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2011

I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH THESE COMMENTS, I HAVE BEEN GOING TO SEE DR. CUMMINGS FOR OVER 13 YEARS AND HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN HELPFUL AND DIAGNOSED ALL OF MY PROBLEMS AND SAVED MY MOTHERS LIFE. I RECOMMEND DR.CUMMINGS TO EVERYBODY. HE IS THE BEST DR. IN THE WORLD.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2142507].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 27, 2011

I went to him for about 15 years and there were some times where he was helpful. There were also visits where I didn't feel he barely spent time on issues that could have been serious and shrugged them off. I'm a female and the "icing on the cake" was a tap/grab on my butt.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2142506].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 20, 2011

I have been going to Dr.Cummings for at least 13 years.Great sense of humor seems to make me laugh when i feel bad.Lets my husband come back and ask questions unlike Dr.Joiner. Women can feel at ease with him.Devoted Doctor and family guy. Has x ray machine in office so he pretty much can do it all which saves so much time.I suffer from migraines and he can always fit me in his schedule you just might have to wait just a little.What Doctor can you call and say I'm really sick and he fits you in that same day or the next.None.Great Doctor. C.D.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2142505].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 4, 2010

Moody guy! Over worked and over scheduled. Females beware - this man can give inappropriate gestures although wife works in the office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2142504].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 28, 2010

He found my cancer saved my life. He is the best doctor. Very nice man and his staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2142503].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2010

This guy is an idiot. He yells at his patients and is rude. Be prepared to wait a LONG time when you go there (not unusual to spend two hours waiting). And what do you get for it - him yelling at you. He actually told me not to ask him any questions. Imagine that! Go elsewhere if you want a real doctor. Go to him if you want to lose your time, your money and your dignity. Other posters are correct, the receptionist, (stephanie) is ignorant and rude. I will be filing a complaint against him. No patient should be yelled at!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2142502].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2009

Dr Cummings is our our family doctor. He diagnoisd my husband's Congestive Heart Failure and monitored his progress daily even though he referred us to one of the best cardialogists.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2142501].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 28, 2009

I went to see Dr. Cummings & he recommended B12 shots. On the third visit, I received a B12 shot, but was charged for an office visit. I called the office to correct the charge, but the office refused to do so. I felt that the doctor rarely knew why I was there, & wasn't really interested in what I had to say. I also noticed that the sinks were stacked up with various supplies, and he NEVER washed his hands upon entering the room. I stopped services after 4 visits.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2142500].votes_count ]]