Dr. David A. Cummings

Grad. Year: 1986

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 17 reviews. Dr. David A. Cummings has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

05/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.2
RID: 3593495
01/11/13 5 4 5 5 I was very sick and I called everywhere in Roanoke to find a Dr that would work me in. Finally I called Southwest Medical Clinic and ask if there was anyway they could work me in, they said YES we can you can come in now. I couldn't believe it. So I go, the staff was very nice and Dr. Cummings was great, he listened to all my problems and made me feel like he really cared. I will definitely make Dr. Cummings my primary care dr. I highly recommend him to everyone.
Insurance: Aetna
Respond

28/12/11 SYSTEM: 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1523695
27/08/11 5 4 5 5 I WENT TO SEE DR.CUMMINGS FOR THE FIRST TIME, I WAS SCARED AND NERVOUS BECAUSE I HADNT BEEN TO THE DR. IN YEARS. HIS STAFF WAS VERY NICE AND MADE ME FEEL VERY COMFORTABLE THEN I MET DR.CUMMINGS HE MADE ME LAUGH AND MADE ME FEEL GOOD. I HAD BEEN SICK FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS WITH A COUGH, HE DID A CHEST XRAY AND FOUND THAT I HAD LUNG CANCER. THIS MAN SAVED MY LIFE. HE WILL BE MY DR. FOR LIFE.  Respond
RID: 1497113
27/07/11 5 5 5 5 I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH THESE COMMENTS, I HAVE BEEN GOING TO SEE DR. CUMMINGS FOR OVER 13 YEARS AND HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN HELPFUL AND DIAGNOSED ALL OF MY PROBLEMS AND SAVED MY MOTHERS LIFE. I RECOMMEND DR.CUMMINGS TO EVERYBODY. HE IS THE BEST DR. IN THE WORLD.
RID: 1491695
20/07/11 4 2 3 3 I went to him for about 15 years and there were some times where he was helpful. There were also visits where I didn't feel he barely spent time on issues that could have been serious and shrugged them off. I'm a female and the "icing on the cake" was a tap/grab on my butt.
Paid (or co-pay): $20
Respond

27/09/10 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1221740
04/08/10 4 4 5 5 I have been going to Dr.Cummings for at least 13 years.Great sense of humor seems to make me laugh when i feel bad.Lets my husband come back and ask questions unlike Dr.Joiner. Women can feel at ease with him.Devoted Doctor and family guy. Has x ray machine in office so he pretty much can do it all which saves so much time.I suffer from migraines and he can always fit me in his schedule you just might have to wait just a little.What Doctor can you call and say I'm really sick and he fits you in that same day or the next.None.Great Doctor. C.D.
RID: 1158982
28/04/10 2 1 3 3 Moody guy! Over worked and over scheduled. Females beware - this man can give inappropriate gestures although wife works in the office.
RID: 1075853
12/01/10 5 5 5 5 He found my cancer saved my life. He is the best doctor. Very nice man and his staff.
RID: 920766
23/06/09 1 1 1 1 This guy is an idiot. He yells at his patients and is rude. Be prepared to wait a LONG time when you go there (not unusual to spend two hours waiting). And what do you get for it - him yelling at you. He actually told me not to ask him any questions. Imagine that! Go elsewhere if you want a real doctor. Go to him if you want to lose your time, your money and your dignity. Other posters are correct, the receptionist, (stephanie) is ignorant and rude. I will be filing a complaint against him. No patient should be yelled at!
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 899605
28/05/09 3 3 5 5 Dr Cummings is our our family doctor. He diagnoisd my husband's Congestive Heart Failure and monitored his progress daily even though he referred us to one of the best cardialogists.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 483318
14/01/08 1 1 1 1 I went to see Dr. Cummings & he recommended B12 shots. On the third visit, I received a B12 shot, but was charged for an office visit. I called the office to correct the charge, but the office refused to do so. I felt that the doctor rarely knew why I was there, & wasn't really interested in what I had to say. I also noticed that the sinks were stacked up with various supplies, and he NEVER washed his hands upon entering the room. I stopped services after 4 visits.  Respond
RID: 427891
12/10/07 1 1 1 1 I can not believe the nerve of this guy or his staff. I went in for a migraine headache and he didn't listen to me at all and wrote me a prescription for the wrong medication and when I called his office back they were EXTREMLY rude and yelled over the phone "Were not giving you anything else goto the ER" What in the hell was that all about, I was nice over the phone and just simply said the meds were wrong and that I had discussed the medications with the Dr and told him what hasn't worked for me in the past and that he prescribed one of the meds that dosen't work. So I ended up with a migraine headache for about 48 hours until I finally went to the ER. This man should not practice medicine, he toke my money, billed my insurance, ignored my condition, kicked me out of his office, refused to correct his mistakes, and I'm sure he smiled all the way to the bank to deposit my money in his account. I have filed appopriate complaints against him, hopefully he will not burn anyone else
RID: 399152
07/09/07 5 2 5 5 Dr. Cummings has been my doctor for over 10 years and has been a great doctor. He has visited me in the hospital and corrected wrong medicine I was on by hospital staff. I feel very confident in his care and expertise
RID: 370661
20/07/07 5 3 5 5 I love Dr. Cummings! He's always been VERY helpful to me and his sense of humor is a definitely a plus in my opinion.
RID: 49657
10/10/06 1 3 2 Every time I have visited Dr Cummings I have left with at least 3 prescriptions, he starts writing them before I even get a chance to tell him what is wrong. Last time I waited over an hour, the nurse was rude and he spent roughly 5 minutes with me. I will not be going back there again.
RID: 23514
23/02/06 5 5 5 Great Doctor and staff. Always listens to my concerns. I trust his judgement and I like that he is a D.O.  Respond
RID: 20974
13/01/06 3 1 3 Does not spend time with patient to diagnose problem. Most of the work done by nurse  Respond
RID: 3678
08/12/04 4 5 5 Good bedside manner. Quite funny, he can always make me laugh no matter how crappy I feel. Great doctor though. Highly recommended.  Respond