Rate Dr. Patrick McCarthy

Dr. Patrick McCarthy's Ratings

Patrick Mc Carthy and his amazing team made a miracle. He repaired my mitral and triscupid valves and I also had maze procedure. Two weeks after surgery and I am recovering well. Dr Mc Carthy and his fantastic team in Northwestern Memorial Hospital saved my life. I would recommend doctor McCarthy to anyone who needs heart surgery. I totally trusted him, his magic hands, expertise, his outstanding team. Thank you so much!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2527928].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2014

At 36 (1996) I had a stroke, a major heart attack in '05 due to a clot from knee surg passing thru a hole in my heart. Had an amplitzer implant placed 4/06, failed so met w/ Dr. M and he removed the amplizer implant (unbrella) and closed the hole w/ ohs. He is a wonderfule man and excellent surgeon. Paid 0 since ins maxed out of pocket was met. Otherwise would have been $80,000.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2142541].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2011

Dr. McCarthey saved my father's life. Several other heart surgeons did not feel competent enough peform a necessary aortic valve replacement surgery. Doctors at Rush North Shore in Skokie recomended an opinion from Dr. McCarthy reently brought to Chicago from the Cleveland Clinic. He performed a successful valve replacement on an 80 year old man. I thank him for his knowledge an expertise in his field. Dr McCarthy is truly one of the best in his field.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2142540].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 20, 2011

A first rate HCM surgeon and by far the best in Chicago. His reputation speaks for itself.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2142539].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2009

Does not disclose to patients important information about their condition.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2142538].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 28, 2007

The best Cardiologist in Chicago by far. Did a pig valve replacement on my then 84 yr old mom- has given her an extra 3 yrs of good quality life so far.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2142537].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2006

There are no words to describe this superb surgeon. He performed open-heart surgery on me and the next day I was walking the floors. He cured me of AFib. He is a quiet, thoughtful person who just radiates competence and intelligence. In the O.R. he is a master.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2142536].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 13, 2006

He's one of the best in the world in the field. Absolutely amazing cariothoracic surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2142535].votes_count ]]