Rate Dr. Patrick McCarthy

Dr. Patrick McCarthy's Ratings

At 36 (1996) I had a stroke, a major heart attack in '05 due to a clot from knee surg passing thru a hole in my heart. Had an amplitzer implant placed 4/06, failed so met w/ Dr. M and he removed the amplizer implant (unbrella) and closed the hole w/ ohs. He is a wonderfule man and excellent surgeon. Paid 0 since ins maxed out of pocket was met. Otherwise would have been $80,000.

Submitted Sept. 3, 2011 | flag

Dr. McCarthey saved my father's life. Several other heart surgeons did not feel competent enough peform a necessary aortic valve replacement surgery. Doctors at Rush North Shore in Skokie recomended an opinion from Dr. McCarthy reently brought to Chicago from the Cleveland Clinic. He performed a successful valve replacement on an 80 year old man. I thank him for his knowledge an expertise in his field. Dr McCarthy is truly one of the best in his field.

Submitted July 20, 2011 | flag

A first rate HCM surgeon and by far the best in Chicago. His reputation speaks for itself.

Submitted Aug. 7, 2009 | flag

Does not disclose to patients important information about their condition.

Submitted June 28, 2007 | flag

The best Cardiologist in Chicago by far. Did a pig valve replacement on my then 84 yr old mom- has given her an extra 3 yrs of good quality life so far.

Submitted Nov. 10, 2006 | flag

There are no words to describe this superb surgeon. He performed open-heart surgery on me and the next day I was walking the floors. He cured me of AFib. He is a quiet, thoughtful person who just radiates competence and intelligence. In the O.R. he is a master.

Submitted April 13, 2006 | flag

He's one of the best in the world in the field. Absolutely amazing cariothoracic surgeon.

Submitted Dec. 8, 2004 | flag