Dr. Mark Grainger

Rate Dr. Mark Grainger

Dr. Mark Grainger's Ratings

I found him cold and rude. If I had more than one concern, that was too bad because he'd listen to one and be ushering me out the door. I could not get time to talk to him about a serious health concern. He creeped me out when he did my internal and pap because he was so uncommunicative. Once, he gave me medication for anxiety: a few hours after the first dose I became very disoriented, could not see or hear, collapsed, and an ambulance had to be called. Paramedics said my blood pressure was very low. I called Grainger -- he said "well, keep taking them but maybe try a lower dose."! I was terrified and tried to express this, but he was aloof. Also, I once asked to be put on the list for a migraine clinic (I had disagnosed migraine with such severity I'd had to quit work and school) and this SOB had the nerve to frown, consider, then say "If I put you on the list, you better not end up skipping the appointment, because people have done that to me before." That's uneccesarily nasty!

Submitted May 12, 2011 | flag

Dr. Grainger saved my life - diagnosed a condition several other doctors had missed. Mark really cares about his patients (excellent bedside manner) - he works regular office and clinic hours so he gets streached pretty thin. I highly recommend Dr. Grainger. I see comments on "unneeded tests" here - Dr. Grainger's diagnostic skills are above average and from other medically trained friends of mine - he needs the tests to narrow down the real problem - to eliminate issues in making a diagnosis - thus sometimes, fortunately, your test shows negative, pointing him in another diagnostic direction. Thank you Dr. Grainger - you made a hugh difference in my life.

Submitted Jan. 3, 2011 | flag

Dr. Grainger is an okay doctor but tends to give you a medication for every problem without even trying to get to the root. He is often moody and makes it very obvious that appointments should be five minutes or less. I think he overbooks to make more $$$.

Submitted April 25, 2010 | flag

With almost twenty years as my personal doctor I was slow to realise that his methodology was becoming increasingly geared toward prescription solutions to otherwise treatable problems. With minimal attempts to understand root causes of any conditions or maladies, the number of prescriptions continued to increase. The unfortunate part was the side effects resulting from initial prescriptions leading to more prescriptions. After getting a second opinion on my situation I have since left Dr.Grainger, made lifestyle adjustments and am now living medication free.

Submitted Sept. 12, 2009 | flag

Have been seeing him for 17 years. Very knowledgable and good listener. Rarely on schedule though and can be booked up for weeks ahead. Can be difficult to get a hold of office by phone.

Submitted July 14, 2009 | flag

I've been seeing him since he opened his practice. Wait times are getting ridiculously long - up to an hour on occasions. Difficult to get in to see if needed at a moments notice. It was much easier way back when. He has no tolerance for Natualpaths or alternative thinking. Very old school. Anti-biotics is his favourite way to cure anything. You really have to make him listen to what you are saying at times. He is a nice enough guy and I have been through a lot with him. He is just too darn busy. It is too difficult to find a GP so I'll stay with him to the end.

Submitted June 18, 2009 | flag

Dr Grainger has been my doctor for the past 23 years and I love him. He is always will to make time so see me (even if I do not have an appointment) and never just throws medication at me. I hope that he stays around for many more years to come and I look forward to working with the rest of his family.

Submitted March 21, 2009 | flag

I absolutley adore him, I have been seeing Dr.Grainger for as long as he has been in Lake Bonavista. He is the best Dr. I have ever had. Takes time to listen

Submitted Feb. 17, 2009 | flag

I have been seeing Dr. Grainger since he openned his office. He is knowledgable, honest, and thorough. I have always considered him caring. The wait times are reasonabe in the circumstances

Submitted Nov. 24, 2008 | flag

Dr. Grainger is very kind, caring and knowledgeable. My family really like him. We have been seeing him for 20 years. We are very lucky to have him and hope he stays in Calgary for a few more years. He will take extra time with you if you need it.

Submitted Oct. 28, 2008 | flag