Dr. Arnold S. Ravick

Grad. Year: 1979

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: Y
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 12 reviews. Dr. Arnold S. Ravick has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Podiatrist-related: foot problems, foot surgery, podiatry
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5221396
04/03/14 5 3 5 5 I went to see Dr. Ravick after seeing another Podiatrist in the area for a second opinion. Wow. What a difference. While I did have to wait a while to see him, once I got back to the exam room I couldnt have been happier. He was SO attentive. He asked me questions and actually listened to my response. He carefully explained all my options since I didnt really want to have surgery. There was no pressure on me to do anything. He took x-rays in the office, which was so convenient, and called me that evening to go over the results. A follow up was scheduled for one week later, and I have been going to see him ever since! He made me custom orthotics which I desperately needed! My insurance did initially deny the claim, (even though they had initially quoted they would be covered), but the office staff there was awesome and filed a denial for me and eventually got my insurance to pay the balance! I would recommend him to anyone with serious foot issues!
RID: 3599020
07/11/13 2 1 2 3 Went to see Dr. Ravick about my bunions, which are at least moderate. Waited for a long time to be seen and when I was, he asked very few questions and never even touched my feet. Before even seeing any x-rays he told me what kind of surgery he would do. I got xrays but some of the view is obscured by my pant leg, which I had asked if I should roll up, and they said no. Seemed disinterested and bored. I won't be going back.
Insurance: Coventry
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Arnold" to "Arnold S."
RID: 2160287
25/05/12 3 3 3 3 This is a follow up to March, 2012 comment. I was subsequently informed from this office that the insurance was NOT covering the orthotics and that I would have to pay (I informed them of this fact on and before my first appointment. However they told me they had gotten authorization from the ins company to cover the orthotics). Now I am receiving another bill for "uncovered expenses" from the office. Not sure how to rate this because the staff are nice people but this is an unfortunate situation.  Respond
RID: 1749950
16/03/12 5 4 5 5 Dr Ravick assessed my condition by listening and asking questions, watching me walk, listening to the "cracks and pops" while I was getting up from sitting a while, using a device that "scans" my feet to make an orthotic (which he stated he searched high and low). My previous podiatrist had me walk on a mat that recorded pressure points and gait but Dr Ravick says this machine in his office is efficient and able to capture the same if not better info. Previous podiatrist's office told me I would have to come out of pocket (a huge chunk) for orthotics since my carrier would not pay. Dr Ravick's office called my carrier AFTER the exam with the resultant diagnosis codes and its was determined that the orthotics were medically necessary. The insurance carrier will pay a portion! Dr Ravick did not seem rushed during the consultation (patiently answering my questions). This office said orthotics should be arrive approx 3weeks. Other office, waiting over a month for a return call.  Respond
RID: 1426793
27/04/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Ravich is a miracle worker. My feet had just about given out after waliking many miles on vacation. He knew exactly how to trea them & in 24 hours my feet were as good as new. I have seen doctor Ravich on other occasions and had similar results. He is the best! Victor Schwartz
RID: 1363094
14/02/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Ravick was up front, patient, and listened well. I am coming to him after a failed surgery and feel lucky to have found him.
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 1328161
05/01/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Ravick was very helpful,friendly, knowledgeable, and spoke to me in terms that I could understand. I have already recommended that others go to his practice.
RID: 1306642
03/12/10 5 4 5 5 I LOVE Dr. Ravick I've been seeing him for over 20 yrs. When I came to see him my feet were a mess, PAIN, scar tissue from previous surgeries, fungal and bacterial infection. Yuck! Dr. Ravick cleared it all up and no surgery either.I referred my husband with a more extensive feet surgeries/infections history and he's doing fine now after 25+ yrs. of foot miseries. I refer everyone I know to Dr. Ravick!
RID: 1159610
29/04/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Ravick is the best, he is very friendly and knows what he is doing I love my feet Thanks Dr. Ravick
RID: 743926
15/12/08 4 4 5 5 Very, very knowledgeable! Dr. Ravick is a gem. I went to him for a second opinion after an unhelpful visit to another podiatrist. He spent 30 minutes explaining everything that was going on with my foot and answering my questions. He developed a thorough, specific, individualized treatment plan. I will recommend him to friends and coworkers.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 56087
13/11/06 5 5 5 Compassionate, listened to all my concerns. Was knowlegable and answered all my questions.
Paid (or co-pay): $125
RID: 55975
13/11/06 4 5 5 Was very helpful, knowledgeable and evtremely nice.
Paid (or co-pay): $15