Rate Dr. May Sue Mah

Dr. May Sue Mah's Ratings

Horrible. She acts like your concerns are not important. Her office is dirty and is falling apart, literally. She seems to be more concerned with pushing as many patients through as possible than the actual quality time with individual patients. Unfortunately, I am waiting to get into another GYN, but until then, I've had to see Dr. Mah for my recurrent issue. She's very rude patients and to her staff (I've seen her scold them in front of patients for things that were not their fault). The only thing she's got going for her is the lady in back who definitely knows her stuff. She at least answered my questions and made me feel a bit better about considering surgery and my other options. Otherwise, I would not recommend this doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2724848].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2015

Dr. May just delivered by second son by c-section. She was a fabulous doctor who listened to my concerns and always kept my health and my baby's health top priority. She took her time with me and followed up everyday during my recovery at the hospital. The whole experience was nothing but positive.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2708418].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2015

I have nothing bad to say about Dr. Mah. She treated me good from my whole pregnancy. My baby is almost 1 year old now, a healthy baby boy. I heard so much bad comments about her but I dont think she is not a good doctor, she was just quick and very straight forward but guaranteed she was just doing her job. She was absolutely a treasure and I will for sure give her my 10's! Thank You Dr. Mah for taking care of me when I was pregnant. I owe my baby's health to you! GOD BLESS!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2667739].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 31, 2014

When I first started having issues with my period, I had seen my doctor and he refereed me to Dr. Mah. He told me straight up that she is a very serious person, her bedside manner might not be the greatest, but she sure as heck knows what she is doing.
I made the mistake of reading these reviews before my first appointment with her. I drove 2.5
hours to Edmonton and was very nervous. When I saw her she was quick, & very short with the pap. Then gave me as much information as should could about me possibly having Endomitriosis. She then booked me for a laporoscopy, and sent me on my way. I was back a month and a half later and had my surgery. I did have Endomitriosis and she treated it.
For tips, if you have questions, have them prepared. And if you're a sensitive person and cannot hear it as it is, then i suggest you find another gyne - easy as that. I prefer someone to be a little rude to me and know what they're doing vs. a really nice doc with a horrible practise.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2654044].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 15, 2014

Very satisfied with her as my doctor. She tried her best to save my life after diagnosed with acretta. I felt her concern and sincerity everytime i go for my check up. I am really very thankful to Dr Mae. is an experienced doctor with the best knowledge on her profession as a doctor. I highly recommend her to everyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2599578].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2014

Dr. Mah's staff member who got me ready for my appointment was not friendly, but not rude. She just seemed like a generally unhappy person. I arrived early, and was seen 20 minutes before my scheduled appointment time since I was waiting and there was time, which was nice. I only waited in the room for 2 minutes before Dr. Mah arrived and began asking me questions about why I wanted an IUD. She is very direct and to the point but I do not need someone to hold my hand and make small talk so I was fine with that. She made sure all my questions were answered and thoroughly explained the procedure to me before giving me a pap- might I add the fastest pap test i've ever gotten and the first time i've had a pap with no pain. She wrote me a prescription and although the appointment was fast, I feel it was because she is efficient, not because I was rushed. I feel comfortable knowing i'm in the hands of Dr. Mah.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2566805].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2014

What a horrible experience! She's a bully. No other word for it. Attempts to make you feel ashamed for going to the doctor! She dismisses symptoms and then makes out like it's a huge inconvenience when you don't accept that "nothing" is wrong. Of course, it turns out something WAS wrong. How many things does she miss if someone is too timid to insist? Once was enough.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2560905].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2014

Very satisfied with her. Gave birth to 2 kids with Dr. Mah as my doctor and satisfied with her care and treatment to patient. I would recommend her as she a very good doctor who is knowledgeable and shows great concern to patients..

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2551107].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2014

TERRIBLE! TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE. Avoid at all costs.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2546998].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2014

She is always in a hurry and doesnt provide enough info that I need to know. When i ask questions, it seems that she looks annoyed. I waited for her for more than 30 minutes but she cannot spare 2 minutes for my questions? Also, She is kinda rough when doing pap smear. I will be looking for a new ob gyn. I do not recommend her at all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2546964].votes_count ]]