Rate Dr. May Sue Mah

Dr. May Sue Mah's Ratings

Submitted Aug. 19, 2014 | flag

After waiting months for my appointment with Dr. Mah, I can now see why I waited! She is very knowledgeable and thorough in her exams. When I arrived for my appointment I was advised that she was running behind (I assume this was because of a delivery) and the two girls she has working there were extremely friendly and welcoming. When she arrived back at the office I was quickly taken in to a room. Dr. Mah was very friendly and explained to me the cause of my troubles. I have read through the previous reviews on here and was apprehensive about attending the appointment, however, now that I have met her, I look forward to working with her to resolve my problems! She is wonderful doctor who knows exactly what she is doing. I would recommend her to anyone who wants a no b*llsh*t doctor who will fix the problem rather than just mask it.

Submitted June 19, 2014 | flag

had nothing but the best experience for both pregnancies with Dr. Mah and her staff. Sure, I waited sometimes for a short 5 minute appointment, the staff always alerted me when I checked in for my appointment if she was at the hospital for a delivery. The reason I chose Dr. Mah was because of how hands on she was said to be with each of her patients deliveries. Dr. Mah always made time in my appointments to ask if I had any questions and always answered when I did. Both of my deliveries were C-Sections, and I did not have any complications from either surgery. I have had multiple paps and an IUD, no issues.

Submitted June 18, 2014 | flag

I had the pleasure of being referred to Dr. Mah, she is always helpful and always has time to answer my questions no matter how trivial they may have been. Her staff is always professional and highly informative as well.

Submitted May 2, 2014 | flag

Dr. Mah was amazing. She is very knowledgeable and she is very easy going. I loved having her for my pregnancy. The staff is also very friendly and welcoming. Thank you for the great experience.

Submitted March 24, 2014 | flag

I was referred to Dr. Mah for my first pregnancy. After reading all the negative reviews on this site regarding her practice; I had to come back and leave a positive review. It seems to me that some of the people on this site are looking for something to complain about. Dr. Mah treated me with the utmost respect, as did the nurse. She took the time to discuss my concerns with me, and did a very thorough exam, and explained everything as she was doing it. I would gladly recommend her to anyone looking for a great Ob-Gyn. Her office was clean and organized, and only myself and one other lady in the waiting room, besides the husbands and boyfriends waiting for their wives. I personally enjoyed my experience and will enjoy having Dr. Mah handle my pregnancy from beginning to end.

Submitted Jan. 2, 2014 | flag

She's good at what she does but has absolutely no people skills or any bother for decent bedside manner. The only reason I kept my appointment with her was the reviews saying she was one of the best available.

Submitted Dec. 23, 2013 | flag

I had the misfortune of meeting her twice, the 1st time was to confirm ovarian cysts which she was VERY abrupt in the exam & then did a pap that I did NOT come in for that left me bleeding worse than my cycle til I went to emerge and they confirmed my cervix had been torn. When I had yelled during the exam she said "Oh it doesn't hurt THAT much, don't be a wimp!" I informed my doctor to NEVER refer me to her again. The 2nd time was in the Mis. Emerge. First she walks in the room with some arabic guy, doesn't say who he is or ask permission for his presence. RIPS the paper cover up over my head exposing my whole undercarriage, sent him for lube, took him more than 3 secs, so she RAMS her fingers in, PINCHES the swollen cyst, without loosening her grip yanks her hand back out and insists SHE will be doing the surgery. I assured her she would NOT be doing the surgery and got my doctor to refer me to a doctor that DOESN'T have the bedside manner of a rabid badger. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

Submitted Nov. 10, 2012 | flag

The only good thing I have to say about this doctor is that the awful treatment from her is what has inspired me to do something with my life to prevent it from happening to other vulnerable women. I went to her for my first pregnancy. She was consistently late, anywhere from 20 minutes to 2-3 hours. From sitting down in the exam room, to shutting the door was about 5 minutes, enough to find a heartbeat and avoid answering questions. If you were unlucky enough to get a pap, you'd get 15 minutes with her. She called me fat but only offered "stop eating pasta, potatoes, and dessert" as advice. I was induced over 3 days, she never showed the first day, made an appearance at 5pm the next day and said "we can either section you now, or try again tomorrow, where it's 50/50". I got a section and she ignored my complaints about my incision, which was infected. I read these reviews when I was first refeRred to her and I should've listened. PLEASE GO TO SOMEONE ELSE FOR YOUR SAKE AND YOUR BABYS

Submitted May 17, 2012 | flag

I say "unknowledgeable" as anyone with KNOWLEDGE would not put their patients through inconveniences like this.I will write to the College of Physicians and I urge you to do the same. If they need to reach me I'm sure I'll be easy to track though Dr. Mah's easy access line lollol Online here she gets 2.9/5 I give her ZERO!! I went to my scheduled appt today Feb 20 1315 Unless I am senile and not in Edmonton that's today. This appointment was booked back in October and was supposed to be considered Urgent (approximately 2 weeks I was told) I tried getting an earlier one but Dr Mah's office NEVER answers the phone and they don't accept meassages. HOW'S THAT FOR A DR'S OFFICE ??? I called again am before leavin the house ---. I arrive on time lights off, doors locked CLOSED FOR FAMILY DAY---I assume but noone told me. I accept messages gladly. It beats travelling 2 hrs by bus and waiting in the cold. No courtesy call,no apologies. She is a disgrace---totally unreliable. Thank you God..

Submitted Feb. 20, 2012 | flag