Rate Dr. Peter Spafford

Dr. Peter Spafford's Ratings

I really must share how wonderful Dr. Spafford is. I was diagnosed with tongue cancer and referred to DR. Spafford. From the first moment I was in his office until the day I was discharged from the hospital, he showed genuine caring and concern for my condition. He had explained that 1/3 of my tongue would have to be removed, but gave me reassurance that I would be fine and given time, able to speak normally again. He showed confidence which gave me comfort. Even being discharged, he let me know if I had any concerns, to contact him immediately. He is truly an expert and genuinely cares about his patients. A truly incredible surgeon and human being with a big heart. Thank you to him from my family, my friends and especially myself. I don't think I would have been able to get through this without Dr. Spafford.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2593229].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2014

My husband was diagnosed with stage 4 laryngeal cancer. We were extremely blessed to have had this doctor perform the laryngectomy on my husband. We love and adore this man. Dr. Spafford is kind and loving and very caring, not arrogant as some people have said in these posts. I find that deeply offensive. The poor man is rushed off his feet every day and yet he still takes the time to phone and check on us. If God had a brother on Earth it would be our dear Dr. Spafford.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2583457].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2014

I had a very bad nose bleed last tuesday so he put a 9"packing in my leftnose and naybe 5" on my right nose that was so bad painful and stil bleeding he say lets put that there for 1-4 days and the forth day still bleeding bad then insted of taking it off hes suggested to undergo embolization to block the vessel so it went well but he didn't take if off the packing we been trying to get hold of after 3days finaly he came then i ask him to get a pain medsnbefore he take it out then he run way so he order morphine so thats good few minutes after that i took the morphine meds to get readybthatvwas 4pm as of now it's 11:30 already henever comeback and my pain meds is gone anymore. ;( its been 7daysi can't smell,breathe well , eat well

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2541141].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2014

every friendly knowledgeable Dr. he. took the time to explain what he needed to do and saw me after my operation to explain how things went and what our next course of treatment would be . i would highly recommend him to all my friends and family

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2533029].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2014

Dr. Spafford is a gifted specialist and surgeon. Yes he is busy, but that means he is obviously very talented and in high demand. He performed a septoplasty on me this past March and did an amazing job. I highly recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2528904].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2014

Great guy! Was caring and compassionate. Made me feel very much at ease! Would definitely recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2528220].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2014

Despite what you chose to believe , this Dr. did a great job on my sons operation. He was very kind and personable in the hospital as well as in his office. I would recommend him to anyone. He is extremely busy and wastes no time , I appreciate his efforts.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2511370].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 23, 2014

Dr. Spafford inserted my sons tubes today he was very kind and polite at the bedside got down to our level for conversation and knew what he was talking about he was on time quick and efficient he didn't spend a lot of time with us but how much time do you spend with a patient post op for a 5 min procedure he was not arrogant or rude we were very happy with him he even took the time to follow up with a phone e call after hours I would recommend him to anyone. Being a nurse I'd say he has great bedside manners

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2456540].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

Dr. Spafford put tubes in my two year old sons ears this morning. We got in on short notice cancelation so I had never met him before. I looked him up on rate your md and was hesitant, given his negative reviews. However I did read that he is good at what he does. I was pleasantly surprised when I met him. I was prepared for arrogant and rude and he was neither. He was polite, professional and good with my son. He was in a bit of a hurry but how is he supposed to stay on time if he wasn't? Then people would complain about waiting too long. Excellent experience and I would absolutely see him again and highly recommend him. I'm not one to comment on these things but after reading all the negative about this doctor, I feel people need to know more great experiences. Great experience! !

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2456539].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 6, 2014

Dr. Spafford is extremely knowledgeable but lacks time and compassion with his patients. I suppose the time delays may have something to do with SK Health care being understaffed and a chronic backlog. His bedside manner and arrogance is something that cannot be forgiven.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2456538].votes_count ]]