Rate Dr. Peter Spafford

Dr. Peter Spafford's Ratings

Despite what you chose to believe , this Dr. did a great job on my sons operation. He was very kind and personable in the hospital as well as in his office. I would recommend him to anyone. He is extremely busy and wastes no time , I appreciate his efforts.

Submitted Aug. 23, 2014 | flag

Dr. Spafford inserted my sons tubes today he was very kind and polite at the bedside got down to our level for conversation and knew what he was talking about he was on time quick and efficient he didn't spend a lot of time with us but how much time do you spend with a patient post op for a 5 min procedure he was not arrogant or rude we were very happy with him he even took the time to follow up with a phone e call after hours I would recommend him to anyone. Being a nurse I'd say he has great bedside manners

Submitted July 16, 2014 | flag

Dr. Spafford put tubes in my two year old sons ears this morning. We got in on short notice cancelation so I had never met him before. I looked him up on rate your md and was hesitant, given his negative reviews. However I did read that he is good at what he does. I was pleasantly surprised when I met him. I was prepared for arrogant and rude and he was neither. He was polite, professional and good with my son. He was in a bit of a hurry but how is he supposed to stay on time if he wasn't? Then people would complain about waiting too long. Excellent experience and I would absolutely see him again and highly recommend him. I'm not one to comment on these things but after reading all the negative about this doctor, I feel people need to know more great experiences. Great experience! !

Submitted June 6, 2014 | flag

Dr. Spafford is extremely knowledgeable but lacks time and compassion with his patients. I suppose the time delays may have something to do with SK Health care being understaffed and a chronic backlog. His bedside manner and arrogance is something that cannot be forgiven.

Submitted April 11, 2014 | flag

I have noticed all of the negative comments concerning this so called doctor and I myself have no good words to say about this person as he has ruined my life , took it upon himself to do more than what I had been told was going to be done . I have had to give up my job can not do any of the things that I used to do and am in constant pain and discomfort all for no reason. I have contacted the client representation people at the Royal University Hospital in Saskatoon 1-800-655-5066 and would hope that all you other unsatisfied people do the same as people like this so called doctor should not be allowed to do whatever they want when it comes to another human being. It took over a year and a half for my family doctor to obtain a copy of the operation procedure report and thus have found out what had been done to me that should not have , also the report has not been proofed or signed in all this time just about three years.

Submitted March 21, 2014 | flag

Dr. Spafford is very knowledgeable, I will give him that but he is very arrogant, not good with kids and doesn't really care about how you feel. His receptionist is extremely rude, hangs up the phone on your without saying good-bye and is not understanding at all. Maybe both parties need to be on the receiving end of things! You get what you give in life. Be a little more compassionate and understanding!

Submitted March 3, 2014 | flag

Both myself and my daughter have been seen by Dr Spafford. He has the most horrible bedside manner ever!! His knowledge is good, but he needs a personality! I had an appt to see him and he was more concerned with talking about someone rather than why I was there.....frustrating! He removed my daughters tonsils many years ago and did a great job but never spoke to her just me and absolutely no gentleness at all, needless to say my child did not like him!

Submitted Feb. 7, 2014 | flag

I was referred to Dr Spafford for my 10 year old daughter, who suffers with severely swollen adenoids ( to the point that she has been a constant mouth breather and her nose is always full, her speech an hearing are impaired). My family Dr and I had thought that Dr Spafford would remove her adenoids. Instead he seemed to have no time for us, was on his phone an talking to nurses more than seeing us. Ignored everything we said and insisted to me that removing adenoids would do nothing for her. So he sent us to an allergist, who was absolutely disgusted that Dr Spafford would not remove my daughters adenoids as that is clearly what her problem is as she is only allergic to dogs, which we don't have nor does she go to anyone's house that has a dog(s). So now the allergist has contacted my family dr to have him refer me to a DIFFERENT ENT. I read dr Spaffords ratings before hand an had a feeling it was gonna be a waste of time. And that it was!! Will not go back to him EVER!!!

Submitted Jan. 20, 2014 | flag

I took my 3 year old so in to see Dr. Spafford this morning. The staff was very friendly to us and my tired 3 year old who had to be woken up 2 hours before his usual time in order to make the appointment. Dr. Spafford was very nice and friendly to my son and I and asked lots of questions. I did not go in fully prepared or anything. I have never seen a specialist before so I did not know what to expect. He looked over my son very thoroughly. I read all of the reviews before this appointment and was expecting the complete opposite of what actually happened. I would definitely recommend him to anyone and do not have one single complaint. Was very happy with him and how he treated my son.

Submitted Nov. 25, 2013 | flag

My son received excellent care by Dr. Spafford, for 2 surgeries one year apart. He listened and was right on top of the diagnosis. Yes, it was a quick appointment, but it didn't to be any longer than it was. For all of our visits, I took in with clear notes to give him about symptoms, dates of infections, types of antibiotics and duration of problems - which Dr. Spafford seemed to really appreciate and found quite helpful. It also meant that I was able to be more clear about everything, instead of forgetting important details. The office staff were incredibly helpful and accommodating. The receptionist did her very best to get my son in, and was able to answer all of my questions. She even transferred me to speak directly to him on the phone. At the hospital both times, Dr. Spafford explained well how the surgeries went. My pharmacist was really happy we were seen by him - she said he was the top of his class and so incredibly smart and good at what he does. I absolutely agreed!

Submitted Nov. 14, 2013 | flag