You may also like

Rate Dr. Philippa Brain

Dr. Philippa Brain's Ratings

I'm a physician myself and all I can say is, Dr. Brain is the absolute best of the best! I am extremely lucky that she saw me through two pregnancies, delivered one of my daughters and has recently agreed to see me again for my third baby! Her knowledge is excellent, she knows when to resort to evidence-based medicine and when to trust her intuition and expertise. She is kind, tactful and patient. She's down to earth and charismatic. And, as anyone who works in labor and delivery can attest - has excellent surgical skills when needed. Yes, she runs a busy clinic, and yes, sometimes things run behind schedule, but trust me - she's worth the wait!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2824890].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

Love love love her!
my scar isn't even visible, she did a wonderful job before and after my c-section. The nurses that work with her at foothills are also so helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2820956].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

A kind, smart, and knowledgeable doctor, who treats her patiences with respect.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2810665].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 18, 2015

Dr. Brain was courteous, prompt and very personable. She did fantastic job on two surgical interventions I had with her. My results were 100%. Her treatment of her residents was great and she was really good to the OR staff. I would recommend her in a minute.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2799720].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

As a high risk ob/gyn Dr.Brain is quite knowledgeable and her attitude reflects that, she's not one to accept others onions well. She is not personable at all and has horrible bedside manner. I ended up delivery my baby at 25.5 weeks gestation and when I was asking about pain relief methods during labour she replied, "your baby will be so small it'll just slide right out and you won't even feel a thing"... She seemed to lack compassion and be quite condescending if you questioned anything she said. I wouldn't recommend this doctor to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2773535].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

Dr. Brain has been my obgyne for almost 10 years. She has performed a minor surgery on me almost that long ago and most recently a full hysterectomy. Yes, it did take several months to get in to see her, but once you're in she takes very good care of you! Her bedside manner is very easygoing and she is both knowdgeable and sympathetic. I have had 2 other obgyne's over the years and neither of them made me feel at ease like Dr. Brain has. She is well worth the wait to get into and you will feel well-cared for once you do!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2675600].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2015

I was blessed to have Dr. Brain deliver both of my babies
She is the rare combination of excellent skill and wonderful bedside manner.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2646646].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2014

If you have fibroids, you do not want to see this doctor. Her knowledge is very limited when it comes to fibroids and she is too arrogant to admit it. I went to see her and left her office in tears. Thank God I went to see two other gynecologists who were both excellent. I have since had surgery and everything went excellent. The reason I took time to write this review is to help anyone who has fibroids. If you have fibroids, do not go see this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2532077].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2014

Dr. Brain is a wonderful and caring doctor who has taken care of me for two pregnancies. I trust her knowledge completely and she has a compassionate approach that is rare to many MDs.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2467753].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2014

Have her for almost 10 years now and all I can say is that Im lucky to have her as my gynecologist. She's very caring, professional and compassionate. She has this confidence in her which makes it easy to trust in her knowledge and capabilities. I have couple surgeries done by her and she always does an amazing job. She really cares about her patients.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1902079].votes_count ]]