You may also like

Rate Dr. Philippa Brain

Dr. Philippa Brain's Ratings

A kind, smart, and knowledgeable doctor, who treats her patiences with respect.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2810665].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 18, 2015

Dr. Brain was courteous, prompt and very personable. She did fantastic job on two surgical interventions I had with her. My results were 100%. Her treatment of her residents was great and she was really good to the OR staff. I would recommend her in a minute.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2799720].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

As a high risk ob/gyn Dr.Brain is quite knowledgeable and her attitude reflects that, she's not one to accept others onions well. She is not personable at all and has horrible bedside manner. I ended up delivery my baby at 25.5 weeks gestation and when I was asking about pain relief methods during labour she replied, "your baby will be so small it'll just slide right out and you won't even feel a thing"... She seemed to lack compassion and be quite condescending if you questioned anything she said. I wouldn't recommend this doctor to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2773535].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

Dr. Brain has been my obgyne for almost 10 years. She has performed a minor surgery on me almost that long ago and most recently a full hysterectomy. Yes, it did take several months to get in to see her, but once you're in she takes very good care of you! Her bedside manner is very easygoing and she is both knowdgeable and sympathetic. I have had 2 other obgyne's over the years and neither of them made me feel at ease like Dr. Brain has. She is well worth the wait to get into and you will feel well-cared for once you do!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2675600].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2015

I was blessed to have Dr. Brain deliver both of my babies
She is the rare combination of excellent skill and wonderful bedside manner.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2646646].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2014

If you have fibroids, you do not want to see this doctor. Her knowledge is very limited when it comes to fibroids and she is too arrogant to admit it. I went to see her and left her office in tears. Thank God I went to see two other gynecologists who were both excellent. I have since had surgery and everything went excellent. The reason I took time to write this review is to help anyone who has fibroids. If you have fibroids, do not go see this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2532077].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2014

Dr. Brain is a wonderful and caring doctor who has taken care of me for two pregnancies. I trust her knowledge completely and she has a compassionate approach that is rare to many MDs.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2467753].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2014

Have her for almost 10 years now and all I can say is that Im lucky to have her as my gynecologist. She's very caring, professional and compassionate. She has this confidence in her which makes it easy to trust in her knowledge and capabilities. I have couple surgeries done by her and she always does an amazing job. She really cares about her patients.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1902079].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2012

If Dr. Brain is your Doctor, YOU ARE VERY LUCKY. She was not my OBGYN, but during my twin pregnancy I had the pleasure to meet her. She examined me on every second visit to the hospital. At the end of my pregnancy, my boys were almost 14 pounds together. I had a very hard time to eat, sleep or take care of my 7 year old daughter. Since she always made me feel so good during my pregnancy, I turned to Dr. Brain to voice my concerns. Long story short. I had two healthy boys. Dr. Brain delivered them by C-section. I recovered from my surgery within 2 weeks. Until today I am so grateful for her. She is like a sunshine when she walks in to the room, always happy, very knowledgeable and blessed with amazing people skills.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1902078].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 31, 2011

Really liked her. I was having a difficult time pushing (~3-4 hours) and the other doctor had decided I cannot do it and asked the nurse to prep me for vacuum delivery when Dr. Brain came to check up on me and within 5 minutes delivered the baby normally. She was very encouraging, supportive and reassuring.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1902077].votes_count ]]