Rate Dr. Stefano F. Agolini

Dr. Stefano F. Agolini's Ratings

This was my first surgical experience and I found the staff to very helpful and knowledgeable. Nurse Marilyn in the Surgery Center was fantastic and upbeat. Dr. Agolini and his team were very thorough in explaining my procedure and putting me at ease. They were running a little behind schedule but everything went smoothly with a minimal amount of discomfort. I would highly recommend Dr. Stefano Agolini and his staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2142767].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 26, 2013

Dr Agolini is very well thought of at Alexandria Hospital. And I think very skilled. Only snafu was after i came home and had to go see him. He did not know who I was really and I got no post hospital ideas like diet and activity. I did not have surgery and he helped me avoid it. Staff a little flaky and wow did we wait for Dr A. Long wait and saw him for under 4". And we wonder about Medicare costs?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2142766].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 1, 2013

DR. Agolini is great and his staff, I had breast cancer in 2009/10 had a DBL Mastectomy by choice which was the best decision I ever made as Dr Agolini told me it would lessen the chances of it coming back. His staff was great too!!! He's very caring doctor and takes time with you!!! Marina

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2142765].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2012

Dr Agolini is the best. Issue I had is with the front desk person. She was very rude bad tone. No manners and looks like she is paying us for making appointments. Get rid of that old lady

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2142764].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 29, 2012

When I made the appt (in person) and gave my insurance info, no one told me that my insurance was not accepted there. Instead, I attend my scheduled appt the following week, paid my $30 co-pay, and, as I was leaving the exam room, Dr. Agolini says, "by the way, I don't participate with Cigna; but don't worry, I'll accept whatever they give me." That was a lie! I got $270 bill for the office visit a month later. After my surgery, I ended up back in the ER three days later (on Easter). I was told to call Dr. Agolini on Monday because he was not responding to the ER. I called on Monday explaining what happened, but he did not return my call until Thursday! He left me a very rude message telling me that I shouldn't be on pain medication anymore anyway; so, there was no need to call him! My follow-up appt was on Friday. He denied leaving me that message! Also, when I told him that I could not eat anything without getting sick, he said, "wait four weeks and see what happens."

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2142763].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2011

In 2009 I was diagnosed with Colon Cancer. Dr. Agolini performed laproscopic surgery to remove half of my colon. He was curteous, highly skilled and has the best bedside maner I have never seen. He took time to visit me at the hospital even on his day off. I was discharged after 5 days and I owe my life to him. If God forbid, I need another surgery, Dr. Agolini would be my surgeon. I will not let any other surgeon come near me. Thank you Dr. Agolini.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2142762].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 16, 2011

The only negative thing I have is the receptionist/secretary. She was taking personal calls while the phone rang off the hook and kept making these loud sighs everytime the phone would ring...kept people waiting in line to check in. She was very annoying. Acted like she was doing you a favor by checking you in. No personality.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2142761].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 14, 2009

I was referred to the doctor thru my g.p. First visit: He explained to me about breast cancer and several different options for surgery. He explained the results of a mammagram and sonagram exam. He ordered a biopsy for me. After the biospy, we met a second time and he explained again several options of surgery but said that the lab reports was not complete and we would have to wait for the report before any plans for surgery or treatment. The next day I called his office and his administrative staff told me that "the doctor scheduled me for a lumpectomy on the following Monday!" No explanation, no call from the doctor, no lab results!!? How insensitive. What a bedside manner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2142760].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 26, 2009

Dr. Agolini removed my gallbladder through laparoscopic surgery on 11/20/08. The surgery went well, and I would go back to him again. He was really great about asking if I had any questions and about calling me back after my surgery when I was having some problems with nausea. The only issue that popped up was that I had to go back in to the hospital 4 days after my surgery because I was so nauseous and was unable to eat or drink. I was treated for dehydration and the nausea. I was told immediately after the surgery that I had no dietary restrictions and so I ate one meal, and after that the nausea began. I believe this was because I should have been on a liquid diet until the anesthetic wore off and my body was able to function normally again. I don't think this was really anyone's fault, I just wish my second visit to the hospital could have been avoided.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2142759].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 30, 2008

Very professional. My surgery was without problems. I would defiantly use him again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2142758].votes_count ]]