Dr. Gordon Searles

Dr. Gordon Searles

Rate Dr. Gordon Searles

Dr. Gordon Searles's Ratings

Dr. Searles is an exceptional Dr.! He is so personable and willing to listen to patient concerns that it gets him behind a bit but he is strategic in his diagnosis of my skin condition! His knowledge and expertise is invaluable to this city! Thanks Dr. Searles see you in three months!

Submitted Aug. 25, 2014 | flag

Dr Searles is the best! After having several other dermatologists he was able to diagnose my condition and i am already seeing results. Although I had a bit of a wait, i did not feel rushed and he spent the time necessary to explain my condition to me. So glad to have him in the province. Thanks Dr searles!!

Submitted Aug. 25, 2014 | flag

Submitted Aug. 22, 2014 | flag

I have been seeing Dr. Searles for almost a year for a very painful skin disease. He has been very informative of the cause and the ultimate cure. The sores are almost gone. I have had to wait sometimes for quite awhile but that is typical of any doctors office. At least you know you aren't being rushed through and he is taking all the time necessary for you. I would recommend him to anyone needing a dermatoligist. Thank you Dr. Searles!

Submitted June 14, 2014 | flag

had a depressed scar on my nose that another dermotologist at university told me that there isnt much he can do about it (initials Dr. J.R.) so I came to Dr. Searles and he fixed it up to my satisfaction. highly educated and very knowledgable.

Submitted Dec. 31, 2013 | flag

I've seen this doctor about 5 times with the idea that he would help me treat my acne and also take care of a cyst. I'll start by saying he has NEVER been on time and ALWAYS rushes(even on my surgery to remove the cyst where he left a "hacked" cut). On the day of surgery he wanted to give me a fourth injection(because it was fast) which had not been working to remove the cyst and I had to convince him to cut it out as discussed in the previous appt, which I regretted because he rushed and did a poor job. He books about 6 months in advance so he obviously is just carrying too many patients. He just seems to want to prescribe something quickly and then hurry off. I find it very insulting after waiting half-hour to an hour after my scheduled appt time with him. Also, I did some research and found a court case where he was made to repay Alberta Health and Wellness just under $1M for over compensating himself. I think that's a strong indication of his character.

Submitted Nov. 30, 2013 | flag

Dr. Searles is one of those dermatologists who does not care for their patients. I have had pretty bad experience with this doctor. I had a skin condition which has sensitivity to sunlight. On referral and after 4 month's waiting period, when I went to visit this doctor, I was made to wait for 1 hour and then the Dr. came suddenly and spent less than 5 minutes prescribing a medicine for my condition WITHOUT asking me the reason to come. He did not give me any chance to speak and hurried so much as if he is going to miss the flight. Later on and after doing research on the medication I figured out that it has tremendous impact on Liver as a side effect. Since I have a liver condition I cannot take that pill at all. But the doctor did not even bother to ask me my existing condition. He also said that I have to take that pill for 1 - 2 years and I can visit him again after 6 months if my skin condition is not cured. This shows that the doctor has no clue about the treatment also.

Submitted June 10, 2013 | flag

I found Dr. Searless to be very friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. He took a different approach to treating my problem than other dermatologists have, and it worked. On the downside, the wait was fairly lenghty (1 hour wait) and I found some of his front-desk staff to be VERY unprofessional. Not to me, but I saw one front-desk lady in particular eye-rolling on the phone several times, snapping at clients several times, and openly gossipping about one of her coworkers whom she clearly did not like.

Submitted Sept. 22, 2012 | flag

Excellent Dr. in my opinion. He has been seeing my Mom who is 84 for a problem and he has been just great with her! Her problem is clearing up now and he is kind, caring and efficient. We have never had any problems with any of the receptionists at all. Once we had to wait about 1 1/2 hours but that was because Dr. Searles was dealing with an emergency. Have a little consideration people!! Most of the time we are in and out with 1/2 hour.

Submitted Sept. 6, 2012 | flag

I really feel that the doctors and technicians are great at this clinic. My experience with them has always been positive. However the lady at the front desk is awful. When I went in for my last appointment there was no record of it but the worst part was that she acted like I was lying or that I had the wrong information. It was bad enough that I took time off work to come but the way she treated me left me feeling humiliated. I was so embarrassed by her reaction in front of the other staff and patients that I will never, ever return here. She is so rude and obviously hates her job. She didn't even apologize for the fact that they completely screwed up. I have never felt so embarrassed by the way I was treated. It's too bad because otherwise this is a great clinic.

Submitted June 18, 2012 | flag