Rate Dr. Gordon Searles

Dr. Gordon Searles's Ratings

Dr Searles books more patients than he can possibly attend to. Most recently, his stress is starting to show. He's actually yelling the staff. You can for sure hear it! Staff used to be the same for the most part, now, high frequent turnover is obvious. I used to think he was THE guy to see. Now I'm not certain.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2591497].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2014

Dr searles, I have read your own rating and will try to explain as best as possible my experience.
The staff is less then satisfactory especially the front staff when trying to make appts, twice now I have tried to make appointments for a certain day due to my work schedule, but somehow my appt was put into the system wrong. I showed up for my appt only to be told that they scheduled it on the day that I work not the day I requested when I talked to them. So instead of being able to see the doctor I had to wait another 3 months and deal with medications that weren't working. Oh and it is not a short drive for me, I live out of town and it takes me over an hour and half just to get there. One other instance was after I saw Dr Searles, he said he would have someone come in to help me, I waited in the room for over an hour before anyone even checked on me, and it was Dr Searles, not the tech. I then waited another 15 mins for the nurse, before I could go. I found this extremely frustrating and unprofessional , to be forgotten about in the exam room.

Punctuality has never been horrible, most appts I am in within 1/2 hour of my appt time, and 2 times have been an hour or more. I book earlier appts to try to avoid this.

Dr Searles himself I found to be helpful and knowledgable, he works with me and listened to what I had to say. I suffer from chronic autoimmune urticaria with no apparent cause. He listened to me and didn't dismiss my own research on my condition as every other doctor has done. He seems willing to try new options and avenues until we can solve this satisfactory to both of us. I have many other doctors tell me to just deal with it, they won't try something else or won't listen to me at all. We are still working on my issue but I will continue to work with Dr Searles.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2553312].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2014

I will not be going back to this place again, the staff were unfriendly, like it's such a chore to walk me to the waiting room and ask me three questions. The old nurse seemed miserable and smug. Then dr.searles came in and it was like I was bothering him with my concerns. Which he barely looked at and then BURNT ME! I went in to get 2 things removed, one in which he said live with and the other he made an attempt at "freezing" off but in turn burnt me, now I'm left with a terrible scar on my arm. His demeanour was so cold.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2544259].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 20, 2014

The staff weren't the friendliest and I waited over an hour to be seen. On the positive side, Dr. Seatless seemed very knowledgeable and explained things very clearly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2529244].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2014

Dr. Searles is an exceptional Dr.! He is so personable and willing to listen to patient concerns that it gets him behind a bit but he is strategic in his diagnosis of my skin condition! His knowledge and expertise is invaluable to this city! Thanks Dr. Searles see you in three months!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2513191].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2014

Dr Searles is the best! After having several other dermatologists he was able to diagnose my condition and i am already seeing results. Although I had a bit of a wait, i did not feel rushed and he spent the time necessary to explain my condition to me. So glad to have him in the province. Thanks Dr searles!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2512607].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2014

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2510433].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Searles for almost a year for a very painful skin disease. He has been very informative of the cause and the ultimate cure. The sores are almost gone. I have had to wait sometimes for quite awhile but that is typical of any doctors office. At least you know you aren't being rushed through and he is taking all the time necessary for you. I would recommend him to anyone needing a dermatoligist. Thank you Dr. Searles!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1902446].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

had a depressed scar on my nose that another dermotologist at university told me that there isnt much he can do about it (initials Dr. J.R.) so I came to Dr. Searles and he fixed it up to my satisfaction. highly educated and very knowledgable.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1902492].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 31, 2013

I've seen this doctor about 5 times with the idea that he would help me treat my acne and also take care of a cyst. I'll start by saying he has NEVER been on time and ALWAYS rushes(even on my surgery to remove the cyst where he left a "hacked" cut). On the day of surgery he wanted to give me a fourth injection(because it was fast) which had not been working to remove the cyst and I had to convince him to cut it out as discussed in the previous appt, which I regretted because he rushed and did a poor job. He books about 6 months in advance so he obviously is just carrying too many patients. He just seems to want to prescribe something quickly and then hurry off. I find it very insulting after waiting half-hour to an hour after my scheduled appt time with him. Also, I did some research and found a court case where he was made to repay Alberta Health and Wellness just under $1M for over compensating himself. I think that's a strong indication of his character.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1902491].votes_count ]]