Rate Dr. Gordon Searles

Dr. Gordon Searles's Ratings

I'm a litte confused with some of the ratings that I've read regarding Dr. Searles and his team! Personally, been a patient of Dr. Searles going on three years now; averageing two treatments weekly. The professionalism I've experienced with Dr. Searles and his staff has been phenomenal to say the least! I found Dr. Searles most personalable, very passionate, caring, knowledgable with awesome bedside manners. Thanks Dr. Searles and keep up the great work!

I also want to extend my appreciation to three other individuals that come to mind that especially standout that need to be applauded. Thank-you Carol, Quinn, and Lisa!

I have and will continue to highly recommend Dr. Searles and his team to anyone! Furthermore, it was through several recommendations from others - that I found him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2682623].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2015

Dr. Searles is obviously very passionate about what he does. He always makes me feel at ease and explains things very thoroughly and even scientifically, rather than speaking to me like a child or as ignorant. The fact that he explains things knowledgeably shows me that he is concerned with my understanding about what is being done, and it is often very re-assuring. He has performed two surgeries on me. Both went very smoothly and I was very calm. His staff have been nothing but friendly to me and I would go back to him without hesitation for any future skin issues.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2676404].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2015

I had 2 different appt. with this dr. The first one he barely looked at me. After taking info, he did not bother to get off his chair to look at my eyes. The problem was under my eye lids and I was told that you needed a special instrument to see the cells. He told me to com right back if the problem didn't clear. So I finished the medication and called back. I was told I couldn't get another appt. for 2 weeks though I told the receptionist that I was to come back right away.

When I returned while sitting and waiting for him to come in I read a certificate on the wall saying that he got the best doctor of the year award. I am thinking that I do not know how that happened as his bedside manner is ZERO. He does not even get off his chair to examine you. He then walks into the room with another man. Does not even introduce him and then proceeds to yell at me for taking so long to come back. I told him exactly what he told me and what his receptionist said, Did not make a difference. Still SAT in his chair and did not get up to look at my eye. I would NOT go back to this man if he was the last dermatologist on earth.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2661935].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 23, 2014

Dr Searles is an excellent dermatologist. However his front line staff are extremely rude which does not give the doctors office a good impression. The staff need to be trained on compassion and patience especially when dealing with patients bookings over the phone!! They need to fix their attitude!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2656562].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2014

Wonderful doctor. I'm young and have very little experience with healthcare until recently. Dr Searles was the first specialist I've seen. He compassionate, he listens and shows genuine empathy towards his patients. I'm also touched by his personal battle with skin cancer and I'm lucky to have him in our province.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2644756].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 6, 2014

Dr Searles books more patients than he can possibly attend to. Most recently, his stress is starting to show. He's actually yelling the staff. You can for sure hear it! Staff used to be the same for the most part, now, high frequent turnover is obvious. I used to think he was THE guy to see. Now I'm not certain.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2591497].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2014

Dr searles, I have read your own rating and will try to explain as best as possible my experience.
The staff is less then satisfactory especially the front staff when trying to make appts, twice now I have tried to make appointments for a certain day due to my work schedule, but somehow my appt was put into the system wrong. I showed up for my appt only to be told that they scheduled it on the day that I work not the day I requested when I talked to them. So instead of being able to see the doctor I had to wait another 3 months and deal with medications that weren't working. Oh and it is not a short drive for me, I live out of town and it takes me over an hour and half just to get there. One other instance was after I saw Dr Searles, he said he would have someone come in to help me, I waited in the room for over an hour before anyone even checked on me, and it was Dr Searles, not the tech. I then waited another 15 mins for the nurse, before I could go. I found this extremely frustrating and unprofessional , to be forgotten about in the exam room.

Punctuality has never been horrible, most appts I am in within 1/2 hour of my appt time, and 2 times have been an hour or more. I book earlier appts to try to avoid this.

Dr Searles himself I found to be helpful and knowledgable, he works with me and listened to what I had to say. I suffer from chronic autoimmune urticaria with no apparent cause. He listened to me and didn't dismiss my own research on my condition as every other doctor has done. He seems willing to try new options and avenues until we can solve this satisfactory to both of us. I have many other doctors tell me to just deal with it, they won't try something else or won't listen to me at all. We are still working on my issue but I will continue to work with Dr Searles.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2553312].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2014

I will not be going back to this place again, the staff were unfriendly, like it's such a chore to walk me to the waiting room and ask me three questions. The old nurse seemed miserable and smug. Then dr.searles came in and it was like I was bothering him with my concerns. Which he barely looked at and then BURNT ME! I went in to get 2 things removed, one in which he said live with and the other he made an attempt at "freezing" off but in turn burnt me, now I'm left with a terrible scar on my arm. His demeanour was so cold.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2544259].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 20, 2014

The staff weren't the friendliest and I waited over an hour to be seen. On the positive side, Dr. Seatless seemed very knowledgeable and explained things very clearly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2529244].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2014

Dr. Searles is an exceptional Dr.! He is so personable and willing to listen to patient concerns that it gets him behind a bit but he is strategic in his diagnosis of my skin condition! His knowledge and expertise is invaluable to this city! Thanks Dr. Searles see you in three months!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2513191].votes_count ]]