Dr. Joseph J. Pachorek

Grad. Year: 1986

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 14 reviews. Dr. Joseph J. Pachorek has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

16/06/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.1

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Joseph" to "Joseph J."
RID: 2146407
18/05/12 4 5 5 5 Me and my husband have being going to Dr Joe Pachorek for 15 years. He is the best he takes time with you and go out of his way to make sure you are ok. he call you to make sure everything is going well he treats you like Family he is the BEST. I drive all the way from Canyon Country.
RID: 1780239
22/03/12 4 5 5 5 Joe was our GP for about 20 years while we were in California. He is as close as you could hope to find to a physician with the old fashioned caring attitude toward his patients.My wife and I consider him a friend and wish we were closer than Colorado for our personal care.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1659948
13/12/11 5 5 5 5 Give me a break people....He is the nicest, most knowledgeable Doctor you will find! Been going to him for about 10 years!
RID: 1538664
15/09/11 5 5 5 5 Dr Pachorek has been my Dr for 22 years. He is a fine pysician,a good person,and very caring and personable. He has personally made a difference in my life, because he has insight and the initiative needed to heal difficult problems (when all my specialists couldn't). I am so grateful for this. I think he is terrific.
RID: 1415076
13/04/11 1 3 2 3 I went to him on a friend's recommendation -- he has a rep as an extremely intelligent doctor. Unfortunately, I found him to be disinterested and cocky, and obviously in a rush to get on with his day. He was quick to write me a very expensive prescription that my current PCP saw as inappropriate and aggressive. Also, I had a terrible experience with his answering service (hence the "1" for staff). Never again!  Respond
RID: 1196391
25/06/10 4 4 5 5 Good and knowledgeable doctor. i have been with him for more than 20 years. approachable and fun to talk to. never rush you out of the office even he is very busy. helpful if you need referral. easy to get appointment with other doctors in the office but not him though. overall, i like him as my doctor.
Paid (or co-pay): $10
RID: 1047863
02/12/09 3 3 2 3 We were unhappy with Pachorek's short attention span and lack of follow-up. Given the high volume nature of their practice, we elected to move to another doctor.
RID: 1029493
09/11/09 4 4 5 5 Dr. was very kind and listened. Correctly diagnosed celiac disease after a simple test and I am so very grateful.
RID: 793057
18/02/09 2 3 3 3 Seems like a decent enough doctor, but I stopped going to Dr. Pachorek when I saw him pitching snake oil in a tv commercial on the History Channel.  Respond
RID: 778266
31/01/09 4 4 3 5 Dr. Pachorek has an excellent reputation re diagnosis...knows his stuff. However, I found him rather patronizing. I know my genetic condition, am well versed on labs, etc. I sought a response to a question and he brushed it off with an attitude of "I'm the doctor, let me worry." My husband has had years of good relationship and treatment with Pachorek. Maybe my questioning his response, and being a confident, mature woman, put him on the defensive. I moved to a another internist and am extremely pleased.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 715542
04/11/08 5 5 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr. Pachorek's for more than 20 years and he has always correctly diagnosed any problems, he is very knowledgeable and professional, he takes his time to discuss the details of the care needed. He and his staff are great. I give them 5 stars the best physician in Pasadena. He actually cares and does not rush!
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 397176
04/09/07 4 4 5 5 Efficient, knows his stuff and will listen when needed. As with all patients on HMO, time is a factor, but he'll hear you if you don't abuse this.
RID: 71393
16/12/06 4 5 4 Friendly, personable, listens, called me for free to give me diagno  Respond
RID: 55041
07/11/06 4 5 5 Very personable. Willing to answer all questions and give referrals when needed.