Rate Dr. Eva M. Coggin

Dr. Eva M. Coggin's Ratings

Dr Coggin and the hygienist were terrible and misdiagnosed me with gum disease and going to perform deep cleanings with antibiotics. I was also told I would need a crown, teeth sealant, and a filling. All this was going to cost me almost $2,500 out of pocket after insurance! I go to the dentist every six months and brush and floss my teeth daily. Beware they are performing unnecessary procedures. Basically ruining your teeth and gums! I am so thankful my insurance paid for me to get a second opinion and was told by the new dentist I did not need any of the procedures recommended Dr Coggin. Also a dental patient don't need a kuerig and granola bars in the waiting area, saving your money. Stop ruining teeth and don't milk our insurance companies! Please be very cautious. FYI Dr Coggin bought this practice in Clarendon Hills from Dr Terese Koch, probably because she can't keep patients. Dr Terese would be shocked if she knew what Dr Coggin was doing to her former patients.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2651639].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2014

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][658918].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2012

I broke my tooth and was in a lot of pain. The office took me right in and the doctor had time to fix my tooth the same day which was nice knowing that I called two other offices and the wait was 1 week!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][658915].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2011

Told me I had 3 cavities, which raised a red flag as I have never had one in my life. Said my 5 year old with very good dental habits had 2 cavities. Went and got a second opinion. I had one cavity, my daughter had NONE. Yes they were going to DRILL on a 5 year old for cavities that did not exist. We had to see a different dentist recently, which would be a third opinion. My daughter is still cavity free, go figure. Either she lied or isnt cant do a proper exam/read an x-ray, its one or the other.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][658917].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 29, 2011

This office and the staff are very pleasant. The doctor was helpful and caring. definitely will recommend

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][658914].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 9, 2011

I came to this office for second opinion because I was told i had gum problems. I am so glad that I did. The doctor explained it to me so well and I couldnt understand why I was not told that before by all the other dentists I have seen. very nice office, will recommend to everyone

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][658913].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 31, 2010

My daughter who is 10 years old was very fearful of the dentist due to past experience. I took her to see this dentist because my friend recommended I go there. Dr Coggin was very patient with my daughter. She made her very comfortable and her fear was lessened. She had a very good experience there and now askes me occasionally when our next appointment is.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][658912].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2009

I took my 2 year old for his first dental check up, The wait was 55mn, very hard to keep a toddler still for that long then another 25mn once inside. The doctor finally came in, checked my son's month very quickly as another patient was waiting in the next booth.She told me everything is fine and that he needs to come back again in 1 year. A month later Dr Coggin filled in my son's school form and in it she put that he needs restorative care due to cavities. I asked them about it and the rude receptionist told me that's what the dentist remembers(apparently she did not write anything in his file)I tried telling her what the dentist had told me during the visit. She went to the back and spoke to her and she put a cross on the first box and checked the other one and initialed it (very unprofessional). Now I have to take my son to another dentist to know if he does have cavities. All due to the lack of professionalism and work ethics of this dentist. Reception staff also very rude

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][658916].votes_count ]]